Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Which Skis???

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
I want a cheap pair of skis for mucking around in for use in the Uk. I live in Manchester so the Pennine resorts are easily accessible and Scotland is more than doable for a weekend. I really dont want to spend much money, £50 maybe. What do you think to these, or if not what othere on ebay would you recommend?, cheers

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/Head-Skis-Includes-bindings-bag-poles-/150502055816?pt=UK_SportsLeisure_Skiing_Skis_JN&hash=item230a9f1f88
snow conditions
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
With a 64 mm waist you ain' t going to love the powder on these planks. For mucking about on - they will be fine Toofy Grin
snow report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Quote:

Pennine resorts

"resorts?"
snow report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
under a new name wrote:
"resorts?"

Indeed:

http://snowheads.com/ski-forum/viewtopic.php?t=60002
snow report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Yes, resorts!!! This may sound a bit daft but can someone tell me about skis as I don't have a bloody clue about there dimensions etc. Cheers
snow report
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
Ricklovesthepowder,

You need to check that the bindings will fit your boots. Regular bindings can only be adjusted a little bit. The Boot Sole Length (BSL) will be written on the boots somewhere (or measure it in mm). Even then they need to be adjusted to fit your boots (by someone competent, maybe at a shop). Skis sound okay but you might want something a bit wider for the Glencoe off-piste.

You haven't lived until you've skied Weardale Resort wink
snow conditions
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Im 6ft 2" and a little on the heavy side as well!!! What kind of skis should I be looking for? I usually stay on piste but sometimes go off the piste a liittle. Any recommendations would be appreciated as I dont know the first thing about skis themselves.
snow report
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
altis, what does someone's apartment in Cham have to do with the Pennines? Puzzled

Ricklovesthepowder, you can always re drill them if they're not plated. C160s appear to be mid range intermediate skis.
snow conditions
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
These skis are probably a little short & a little thin, but for 50 odd quid will probably do a job for you for a couple of years. I am 6" & have 172cm Head im82s (82mm wide). I was looking for something similar width but 1 size larger (abt 177-180cm - couldn't fit anything >180cm in my car then which limited my choice a bit) & they turned up on here for £150 (& about 2mins drive from work). Spent most of my equipment money on boots. Might buy myself something longer & fatter with the >£300 saved on buying new - the bases have some war wounds!

I do my own repairs as my parents made me learn ski servicing as a child. Picked up some updates from spyderjon's vids & some others on the internet (scottish ones are better than american) but unfortunately basic ski servicing kit will cost £50 absolute minimum & probably more like £100. Will have to order some more stuff before winter rolling eyes
snow report
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Ski the Net with snowHeads
what...snow, so do you think these will be ok for me then. Like i say, will only use them here in the UK so not bothered about them getting scratched etc. Is there anything else you would recommend on ebay?
snow conditions
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
Ricklovesthepowder, Hows it going, hope you enjoyed the match. These skis should be fine for what you want them for as long as you dont plan on spending too much time in powder. They are a piste ski and will do the job for your ski sessions at yad moss. If you were going to spend some more cash I would probably say go for something fatter and longer to deal with your off piste adventures. I dont know that much about skis but think 177cm is about the max length they come in with that sort of width.
snow report
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
Drluvski, cheers. Yes I loved the match and thanks for the ticket. Had a great day out and even better as we won! I will keep my eyes open for something a little wider I think. Cheers for all the advice. Oh, I got my ticket for the derby the other day, I'm in block 111, right in the corner and the singing section next to the away fans!!!
snow report
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
Yep, looking forward to the derby. Dont think you could go wrong with these skis http://www.snowheads.com/ski-forum/viewtopic.php?t=67486
snow conditions
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
Drluvski, good choice of ski to recommend!
latest report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy