Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Help finding accomodation for solo skier in Vald'isere

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
Hi folks i'm after some advice on accomodation in Val d'isere

I'm planning on going away for three weeks to do a course in val d'isere probably around the 23rd january 2012, the problem is I cant find any info on accomodation for a solo skier.

I don't really want to pay the supplements tour operators are wanting for a studio, I'd rather be in a quiet hotel or challet.

I will send a email to ICE to see if they can suggest anywhere but am hopefull some cheery snowhead will be point me in the right direction. snowHead
snow report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Moris Hotel
ski holidays
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Curtains, good luck! There's not much going in the single room department in Val D. Try the Moris (Mark Warner), never stayed there before and it might be a bit 'tired' but if you don't mind a room with no ensuite that would work as they definitely do have single rooms.

Another option is the UCPA if you don't mind bunking in with others, apparently they are good value and all the food is included and the lift pass. Action Outdoors offer UCPA holidays.

Other than that, there are a few hotels on the ICE website they suggest might be worth a look, whenever I've worked it out though the DIY route in Val D always seems to work out pricey, so a chalet or chalethotel through a TO is your best bet (or the UCPA Val D'Isere if you're ok with the sharing thing). You will probably have to go to La Daille each morning I expect but the buses from Val D centre are very regular.

The Cygnaski (Mark Warner again) has got a couple of single rooms as well I think.
latest report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
Curtains, what some folk do is get in touch with others doing the course whatever it is and then arrange to share a chalet or share a room or whathaveyou. So you could try that route as well.
snow conditions
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Curtains, like everything in life it depends what your budget is. There's plenty of hotel availabilty on booking.com but it starts at about €2,000 for the 3 week period...
snow report
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
Curtains, Have you looked at booking a studio through a local agency ? That is what I do whenever I am in Tignes.
snow conditions
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
VolklAttivaS5, Having stayed in the UCPA in Val d'Isere can highly reccomend if as mentioned you can tolerate sharing a room with 4/5 others who are more than likely French speakers. I imagine it is one of the cheapest option as food, accomodation, ski hire (if you need it) and lift pass are all thrown into the price, which is normally about £500. A bonus is it is a short walk to the snowfront.

http://www.action-outdoors.co.uk/resort_valdisere.aspx
latest report
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
Cheers folks

wil try and look at your suggestions, I did find a challet through crystal that had a single room but somebody booked the middle week which was a pain grrr.
snow report
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
Crystal should be willing to give you a good discount for a 3 week booking as you aren't taking the flights/transfers etc. See if they can upgrade you to a double for the week in the middle free of charge?
ski holidays
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Ski the Net with snowHeads
Dr John, think he said "quiet"! Laughing
snow conditions
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
PsychoBabble, ha, yes, fair point. But he's talking about Val d'Isere, you can't have everything you want. Well you can, but it will cost $$$. If he can get a room away from the bar and/or a decent set of earplugs then he'll be fine.

Personally I'd rather use earplugs than stay in a dorm. The disruption you'll get in a dorm far exceeds an hour or two of loud music a night, IMHO.
snow conditions
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
Some years ago I found a little hotel, not posh but on main road and single room at relatively low price. Can't remember the name - but I think I found it by digging out all the hotels in Google, then going through each until I found what I wanted. Can it still be done? I don't know. ValD is not the place for a single room.
snow report
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
Curtains, Why not give Jenny a call at Chalet Genevieve:

http://skisavoiefayre.com

I don't know if she can help, but three of us stayed in her chalet and I didn't pay a single supplement.

Could be worth a shot, she is very helpful
snow conditions

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy