Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Chamonix 2009/2010

Poster: A snowHead
I will be arriving this sat, cant wait, whats the talk in town conditions wise and what they predict for the week ahead? cheers Guys Puzzled
ski holidays
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
The rain was grim, but it's much colder now and the snow is brilliant but there a have been a lot of avalanches - so - great conditions and more on the way, but be careful....
ski holidays
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Loads of snow but not much visibility - we went for a day in Les Houches and needed snorkels!
Me:
Powder wave at Les Houches

Monsieur:
Knee deep in it at Les Houches
snow conditions
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
firebug, are you skiing?
ski holidays
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
No, I'm boarding more at the moment - there's so much powder snowHead
ski holidays
 You'll need to Register first of course.
firebug,
nice pix - good use of flash.
I've submitted a few from my week in Cham: two from Vallorcine valley on New Years day - can just see our four tracks....

vallorcine1.s

And a little further down the valley, it really was just us.

vallorcine2.s

and one from Grand Montets (heading down to Plan Joran restaurant) on Saturday; a little more cut up, but still plenty of fun - and more sun!

grand montets.s

We were well aware of the recent deaths in that area of the resort, having been talking to one of the local guides - and our guide had no interest in taking risks. Hearing the news from Les Arcs on Saturday was particularly depressing... was odd to see so many people ducking the ropes at the top of the Chambrons bubble (into a run clearly marked as Closed - Risk of Avalanche.)
ski holidays
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
lovely photos,hamilton!

Here's one from Flegere today:

Nick
snow conditions
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
and another!

rich
snow conditions
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
Wrote a quick roundup here - Vallee Blanche "only accessible by good skiers" presently, according to Evo2
http://www.chamonixchalet.info/chamonix-news/vallee-blanche-and-off-piste-news-in-chamonix/
latest report
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
firebug, what's the crack with the avy talk on wednesday? Is it something you need to book etc? I'm back in Praz on monday for a few days and would be very interested in going.

My daughters new nanny/instructor (Henry) had told me that Jerry (well actually he told her that Molly) had moved from the Rhody to VB, I'll have to call in to say hi. I gather he and francois are still talking so what happened? And is the new chap any good (only had the briefest of closing time chats & for some reason can't remember half of it)?

Thanks
ski holidays
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
please excuse my capitals, my keyboard gave up the ghost and the old one has a duff shift key, most of the time i can't be bothered to go back and correct them rolling eyes
latest report
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
firebug, Always sweet pics, Happy New Year to you and 'Dave.'
ski holidays
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
firebug, great pics as usual! Look at all that snow Happy Did you get any today? I'm heading over on Sunday for first Cham day of the season. Can't wait!
ski holidays
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
firebug, can I come back???????????
snow report
 Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
midgetbiker, I don't think you usually need to book the talk but they aren't as regular this season so it might not be a bad idea. It might all be stuff that you basically know anyway, but it's really good to see it all put together or to get a reminder of some things that might have slipped your mind. Also there is some amazing footage of avalanches. I really recommend it.

I think Jerry just wanted to do his own thing. The VB is very nice, good atmos, nice food, I like it. I haven't been to the Rhododendrons since as we're in Montroc this winter as the chalet is almost completely booked up - will have to check it out next time we're at Flegere... Molly seems well settled in the VB.

SMALLZOOKEEPER, you too! Smile Dropped in to see you last week but you weren't about - hope all's going well

bobinch, there was supposed to be another 30 today but it's not arrived - ROBBED...

Dek, you're welcome any time! it was really good to meet you Very Happy
snow conditions
firebug, We have all left Foot Works now, Seb John and I have started our own store opposite the Kebab house, on the river called Sole, should pop in.
snow conditions
SMALLZOOKEEPER, yep that's where we were! Saw Seb & John but you were out - another time Smile

I hear the Bochard lift broke down today at 9 and they were still getting them out in the afternoon :/
snow conditions
firebug, My worst nightmare.
ski holidays
Some GM pics from yesterday http://snowheads.com/ski-forum/viewtopic.php?p=1427555#1427555

ski holidays

Last edited by Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do. on Thu 28-01-10 15:35; edited 1 time in total
latest report
lovely pic Smile

One from the same day, I think...

Grands Montets
ski holidays
firebug, very arty in B&W!!! where is that? Methinks I need to pick your brain on Chamonix hot skiing spots!

Just clicked through onto your Flickr photos. Wow!!! The ice climbing ones are amazing! And your chalet looks pretty awesome too!
latest report
Great day at the GM today - where the hell was everyone??? Fresh tracks to be had round every corner, vis not too bad to about 2/3 height of Bochard, so loads of fun to be had low down...
latest report
offpisteskiing, firebug, how much snow fell last night and today? Need to make a decision between Chamonix or Verbier for a rare Friday outing... I think Chamonix got more.
snow report
hamilton, aqny chance of a high res version of your 3rd pic above as a winter background for my PC please??#

Thanks in advance,

Greg
latest report
bobinch, snowed consistently but slowly all day wednesday, reckon about 5 to 6" of fresh at Les Houches by the end of the day.

offpisteskiing, don't know where everyone else was but i got up and looked at the viz and thought - Les houches and trees. Bochard had been out of action for a couple of days which probably put a lot of folks off GM on weds.
snow conditions
bobinch, thanks!

Back in London now Sad

I seem to get asked a lot about where to look for snow updates so I made a blog post with all the ones I can think of here (includes this thread!)
http://www.chamonixchalet.info/chamonix-news/chamonix-snow-condition-blogs/

Let me know if I've missed anything Smile

Last edited by And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports. on Fri 15-01-10 20:05; edited 1 time in total
latest report
firebug, hamilton, your pics are amazing. Thanks for sharing.
latest report
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
Also posted some photos from the last two weeks and info about the conditions on the Chamonix off-piste runs we like to ski the most at Chamonix off-piste skiing (week 1 & 2)
snow report
Eskil, Shocked OMg that is beautiful. Why do I want to cry when I see nice ski shots?
snow report
........because you're a girl shimmy?
ski holidays
rogg, Laughing Laughing Eskil, I could crush a grape! - great pic, that's what it's all about, my new ACL is already twitching in anticipation!
snow conditions
firebug, that's a great link. Thanks.

Eskil, Thanks for that link also. Saw some tracks up to the Marbree entrance from Hellbroner on Friday. How tough is the top part?
ski holidays
Some pics from the Courmayeur side on Friday http://snowheads.com/ski-forum/viewtopic.php?p=1433961#1433961

ski holidays
The prmoised blue sky day didn't really materialise today. High clouds and a westerly wind hung around all day. Skied over from Vallorcineto Le Tour in the morning. Pistes in lovely condition but the off piste is windblown and quite tracked. There are some great open slopes from the top of Le Tour which would be great in fresh powder. GM also pretty tracked out and windblown.

Cmaonix Meteo predicting 30cm tonight and another 20 tomorrow. Lets hope the wind doesn't ruin it.... Monday could be epic!
snow conditions
Can anyone provide a snow update this morning? Loks like it's still snowing from the webcams. How much did you get?
ski holidays
Lovely pics!

I hear today was epic - oh well!

I cheered myself by compiling my favourite pics of the season so far...
http://www.chamonixchalet.info/lead-story/chamonix-snowboarding-skiing-photos-2010/
snow report
bobinch, you can enter the Marbree either from the skiers-left by walking around Aig de Marbree or by boot packing over the ridge skiers-right of the summit. Both ways, the first part is pretty steep (45-40 degrees) for about 300m. It is a no-fall zone, some rock bands below. Usually people let it settle for a day after a snow fall before skiing it. The local Italians normally know when it is time to go =) One of my favorite runs, but only when the snow conditions are perfect (not too tracked and lots of loose powder). Have had a look into it a few times and turned around.
ski holidays
Eskil, thanks for the tip. Heading back to Courmayeur in a few weeks and will go up and take a look.
latest report
firebug, I am sooooooo! jealous, unfortunately I am Jbob the builder this winter.

Fantastic photos.
snow conditions

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy