Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Les Arcs 2009/2010

Poster: A snowHead
Almost November and thought it was time for the new season thread to be started.

The bad news, this time last year the thread was started with great shots of fresh snow covering the whole mountain. So far this year we are not so lucky.

The good news, the new Arpette lift is finished and should be open as planned.

Other useful links:

Webcams
http://www.lesarcs.com/Webcams-GB-Les-Arcs.html

http://www.arc1950.com/en/hiver/le-village/Webcams/menu-id-118.html

Piste Maps
http://www.lesarcs.com/Ski-map.html

Ski Lessons all ages (use this link it is not just for kids)
http://www.lesarcs.com/Lessons-for-children.html

Weather Forcast
http://www.lesarcs.com/Weather-forecast.html

Lift Passes
http://www.lesarcs.com/I-m-quite-happy-with-Les-Arcs.html

If anyone has any other good links please do add them to help everyone save time.

Very Happy Hope that helps you all get started, have a good season Very Happy
ski holidays
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
snowcrazy, Welcome back snowHead see you at Christmas/New Year?
ski holidays
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
snowcrazy, Welcome back. Bit early to be expecting large amounts of snowfall isn't it?
ski holidays
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
thefatcontroller, Boredsurfing, I am not really back yet, just doing this from the net. Hope to be in resort by 5 December when the lifts open. If you remember last year the first snow started this week and kept on falling to give us some great pre-season skiing. I am just hoping with the earlier opening date this year we will get the same snow again. Just need to keep our fingers crossed.
latest report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Ah, been waiting for this thread.... Bring it on ! Two trips planned Les Arcs this year and can't wait to try out the new Arpette lift - should be much quicker to get up the hill!
ski holidays
 You'll need to Register first of course.
Benchmark from last year. Happy to see same photo on November 14th.

http://snowheads.com/ski-forum/viewtopic.php?t=43863#1069886

snowcrazy, You are 10 days ahead of yourself from last year in opening the thread. Time yet for plenty of snow. wink Cool
latest report
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
thefatcontroller, It's never not snowed snowHead wink
snow report
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
10 weeks Sat will be in Vallandry Cool
latest report
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
Boris, 10 for us to. Driving down the Friday, could you check the height of the telepeage barriers for me and text me Toofy Grin Laughing We arrive 3rd? That the same week as you, are your kids in ski school in the morning if so we should meet up?
ski holidays
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
thefatcontroller, remind me on December 17th, I'll check the heights on the way down for you Toofy Grin
snow conditions
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
Boredsurfing, I bet your measurements will mean they are just to small for a Disco and roof box wink Laughing
snow conditions
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
thefatcontroller wrote:
Boredsurfing, I bet your measurements will mean they are just to small for a Disco and roof box wink Laughing

As if wink the TP lanes have really low barriers dont yer know.
Disco's with roof box. Shocked ... that'll be a fuel stop every third services then Toofy Grin
ski holidays
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
snowcrazy, We are arriving on the 19th December for a week. Looks like you are repping that week so looking forward to skiing with you.
snow conditions
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
snowcrazy, We're arriving 17th Dec Very Happy Hope to meet up Very Happy
ski holidays
 Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
Boredsurfing wrote:
thefatcontroller, remind me on December 17th, I'll check the heights on the way down for you Toofy Grin

Haha - we're driving down on the 17th too. We'll look out for you & your tape measure Laughing Laughing
snow report
Someone did post a while back on another thread about Les Arcs that they were doing some work on the flat section in the 2000 bowl during the Summer to add a gradient. Anyone know if this is true?
ski holidays
5 weeks monday and i'll be there!!!!

Why is it not the 1st of december yet Sad
Just to confirm on the opening dates i know that the slopes are opening on the 12th is it? But do season passes only cover from the 19th onwards? I think they do Sad
snow report
WesTaylor, The 2000 bowl is opening on the 5th December this year for the first Les Arcs European Film Festival

http://www.arc1950.com/en/hiver/evenements/1st-Festival-du-Cinema-Europeen-des-Arcs.html
ski holidays
thefatcontroller, Ah ok. The bit i'm confused about is on this:

http://www.lesarcs.com/IMG/pdf/2010-TARIFS-PUBLICS.pdf

The season pass appears to cover from the 19th dec - 16th april

does this mean if i want to start on the 12th i'll have to buy both a season pass and the early pass???

Never done a season before so excuse my newbieness Smile
snow conditions
WesTaylor wrote:
thefatcontroller, Ah ok. The bit i'm confused about is on this:

http://www.lesarcs.com/IMG/pdf/2010-TARIFS-PUBLICS.pdf

The season pass appears to cover from the 19th dec - 16th april

does this mean if i want to start on the 12th i'll have to buy both a season pass and the early pass???

Never done a season before so excuse my newbieness Smile

Doubt it - last year I bought a season pass on the Monday of the 1st week (equivalent to the 14th Dec this season) and it worked from that afternoon for the whole season. I would expect that if you buy one before the 5th Dec it'll work for that week as well, although you might well have to take a bus round to 1950/2000 to get on a lift depending on where you are staying - I'll assume they'll be running between 1600 and 1950 at least for the festival.
ski holidays
I notice some diggers at the bottom of Arcabuelle. Maybe they are doing some work on putting gradient into the flat bit of the 2000 bowl Cool Cool

snow conditions
snowcrazy, et al.

Mmm.. Not until Jan 16th for me.

Toying with the idea of driving down that weekend....
snow report
For the geeks who like to spot new things in the resort Embarassed , another one for your log book. If you look at the long distance webcam into Arc 2000 you will notice some building work, hard to spot but it phase 2 of the apartments we bought in that are just beside Lanchettes chairlift. They are putting the foundations in now and plan to finish the build next ummer. I don't quite know how they got away with it but the second phase actually comes out one hell of a lot into the flat area in front of the Olympic flags. It is not level with the existing building and closes of a lot of the run down into 2000. Its the brown image in the bottom middle of the diagram. As you ski down from Transarc and take the top run into 2000 to get to the Lanchaettes chair it kind of blocks the run?

ski holidays
thefatcontroller wrote:
Boris, 10 for us to. Driving down the Friday, could you check the height of the telepeage barriers for me and text me Toofy Grin Laughing We arrive 3rd? That the same week as you, are your kids in ski school in the morning if so we should meet up?

Yep we are there from 2-9 Jan - all being well kids will be in ski school so a meet up should be a possibility.

Just need some snow now - web cams all looking depressingly green at moment
ski holidays
Boris, thefatcontroller, will be on the other side of the mountain all season so would love to head on over and meet up? If only to join thefatcontroller, on his board Toofy Grin
latest report
Mouth wrote:
Boris, thefatcontroller, will be on the other side of the mountain all season so would love to head on over and meet up? If only to join thefatcontroller, on his board Toofy Grin

I'm up for a bit of sitting around on me backside in the middle of bellette too..
latest report
I too shall be holding court for the first week of January.....
snow report
Guvnor, hey in Villaroger no doubt!!
ski holidays
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
I knew there was a reason we are driving back on Jan 3rd Confused Sad Sad
latest report
Guvnor, Mouth, Mouth, bertie bassett, Would definitely be up for a meet 1st week, though you might find I'll be down the park on the rails with my board(trying to get with the boarding lingo Confused Embarassed ). Kids in ski school so like Boris morning will be best. Speak nearer the time.
snow report
Blimey at this rate I'd better raid the attic and break out my board - I only gave it up as I was too darn good

at catching a toe edge and smacking my face into the nearest hard object and sitting bleeding copiously in various cafes and praying for the day the twins started skiing so I could justify giving up and going back to skiing so I could help them out you understand
ski holidays
Good to hear so many will be out during the first few weeks. Looks like the board is going to get a good blast this year. Hope to meet up with you all on skis or board. I should be out for the first day opening and staying for the whole season. Mouth, great to hear you guys will be out for the season as well. Now that I should be fully fit, are some of you up to seeing how fast we can do the Challenge this season on boards as well as skis, I never did get the chance to blast it last season Toofy Grin

Now some news.

Direct from the lift people.

For information, ski lifts of Les Arcs/Peisey-Vallandry which will be open for December 5, 2009: Transarc 1 and 2 TSD Marmots TSD Arcabulles TC Varet. The funicular, the schedules are in the course of finalization to correspond with the schedules of the free shuttles. Not that great but better than nothing. rolling eyes

Sad The news is not to great for Arc 1600, they are still working on the replacement for the TS Gollet and TK Tommelet. I do hope they will be ready in time.

The work in Arc 2000 was for pipes etc for the building work but they say it should have added a slight incline to that area, we will see.

The new/old short lift, TSF4 Parchay (They are putting a new lift near where the old one was) at the top of Peisey-Vallandry is nearly finshed. It is just a short lift so you can ski back to the main area without getting in amongst the houses. Should be good for lunch breaks at that end of the village.

Another one we all hope will be completed on time.

I also see from the webcams, there is blue sky, green fields and not much sign of snow yet. Twisted Evil I hope it starts dropping the white stuff soon.

Will have another look next week for other news.

Skullie Please let the snow start falling soon Skullie
snow conditions
Stumbled across these tonight - Arpette in contruction....
http://www.r-montagne.fr/r_actu/2009/i20090920.php
http://www.r-montagne.fr/r_actu/2009/i20091003.php
snow report
snowcrazy wrote:
The new/old short lift, TSF4 Parchay (They are putting a new lift near where the old one was) at the top of Peisey-Vallandry is nearly finshed. It is just a short lift so you can ski back to the main area without getting in amongst the houses. Should be good for lunch breaks at that end of the village.

Cheers for the update!

Dead right - one for your "places to take punters for lunch list" will be at the bottom of the Parchay - La Vache. Lovely place, friendly welcome and now ski in/out.

And no I don't have a vested interest other than as an appreciative customer..
ski holidays
any snow yet ?
ski holidays
allanm wrote:
Stumbled across these tonight - Arpette in contruction....
http://www.r-montagne.fr/r_actu/2009/i20090920.php
http://www.r-montagne.fr/r_actu/2009/i20091003.php

wink

http://snowheads.com/ski-forum/viewtopic.php?t=52299&highlight=
snow conditions
snowcrazy, am defo up for the challenge on boards. In fact I only did it on my board last season but was with skiers so would be good to do with fellow boarders yes. I will wear my gilet with pride this season!
snow report
Mouth, Best take a skier with you wink
snow conditions
bertie bassett wrote:

Dead right - one for your "places to take punters for lunch list" will be at the bottom of the Parchay - La Vache. Lovely place, friendly welcome and now ski in/out.

And no I don't have a vested interest other than as an appreciative customer..

Lets hope they speed service up - we called in for a quick lunch one day & were still there 2 hours later Shocked
snow report
Mouth wrote:
Guvnor, hey in Villaroger no doubt!!

Am I really that predictable? wink
ski holidays

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy