Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Dolomites - Feb or March ?

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
Probably only going once this year and would prefer not to wait too long but cannot decide on date to go:

Current thinking is:

Feb 21st - More crowded but better snow. Leaves more time to go again before end of the season but unlikely.
March 14th - Less crowded, cheaper lift pass and accommodation but snow less good

Can anyone comment on my thoughts ?

Cheers
ski holidays
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
pokemon, Dont know how you can say that the snow will be better on the 21st Feb rather than the 14th March.
snow report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
riverman, based on very general alpine experience and not specifics. I agree it's pot luck but it is usually colder in Feb.
ski holidays
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
Just looked at Arabba snow record. March 14th would normally still have about as much snow depth as Feb 21st, but it might not be as fresh snow - which is obviously important too. On the other hand it is more likely to be sunny.
However, some years (eg season before last) the best snow of the season was mid March.

I'll be there the first week of March.
snow report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
I am in Arabba the first two weeks of March so want it to snow a lot in the last week of Feb then sunshine for the first week of March then day od snow then sunshine for a further week!!!!!.
snow report
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
pokemon, I think you need to base your decision on the other factors, not the snow conditions, no-one can predict these. Although balance of probabilities suggests lower runs should be suffering spring conditions by mid-march but the upper runs could well have bundles of fresh snow and no crowds to fight with. No guarantees, mind you.

What about first week of March? Crowds won't be nearly so bad.
ski holidays
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
luigi, snow conditions wouldn't be the main factor, although still important of course. Price is probably more important. In terms of crowds, what are the really busy periods to try to avoid, as I'm now thinking first week in Feb may be good for price/availability.
ski holidays
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
pokemon, the carnevale/fasching holiday this year falls on last week Feb, so that will probably be one of the busiest.

High season (when snow is generally considered to best) is generally from 1st or 2nd week Feb up to and including 1st or 2nd week Mar. Either side of that will be cheaper and less busy. They will try and keep the Sella Ronda open till easter, but it just depends on the conditions.
latest report
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
luigi, cheers. Sounds like the first week of Feb will be as good as any until mid March, in terms of crowds. Just shorter and possibly colder days.
snow report
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Ski the Net with snowHeads
The snowHeads 5th Birthday Bash will be in the Dolomites (Valle Di Fassa) in the first week of Feb.
Info here: http://snowheads.com/ski-forum/viewtopic.php?t=46536
More details will be available over the coming week.
ski holidays

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy