Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

3V Snow 2008/09

Poster: A snowHead
Am I an utter imbecile and have not spotted the obvious 3V snow report thread, or by some bizarre oversight does one not yet exist? Or both?

In case of the latter, this is the latest Dump Alert from the excellent Merinet.com website, reproduced shamelessly but with due credit given. This post has nothing whatsoever to do with Peter Kay.

... Over the past 24 hours Méribel received its first major snowfalls of the winter. The resort is now completely white with around 15-20cm of fresh snow and more has fallen at higher altitude. Cross-country skiers were enjoying the powder at the Altiport today and a few hardy souls even skinned up the Saulire to put in the very first turns of the season. The forecast is good too: more snow is expected over the next few days, and the arctic temperatures currently allow the snow canons to work day and night.

snowHead
ski holidays
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
I shall hopefully have some "real" news in the way of photos by this afternoon/evening VT opened yesterday and I want to try out their €20 offer! Vatch zis space!
ski holidays
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
As promised, this is the view from the Scapin restaurant by the Maison de VT

Lovely conditions, good crunchy stuff and cold temperatures, only six lifts open, but much more could have been if they had wanted to.

The link to Mottaret looked good enough to open too, although I doubt you would be able to ski into Meribel yet, maybe in a couple of days, fingers crossed.

A few rocks about mind you, as my bases will testify Mad
ski holidays
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
Kaiser wrote:
Lovely conditions, good crunchy stuff and cold temperatures,

Nice! Looks like mid-winter.
latest report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Felt like it too, Brrrr Blue
ski holidays
 You'll need to Register first of course.
Kaiser, gorgeous, keep them coming please snowHead
snow report
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Kaiser, Great stuff! Very Very jealous. Webcams seem to be all snowed up tonight so looks like another decent dose to build that base Very Happy
ski holidays
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
Kaiser, you lucky, lucky person Madeye-Smiley
ski holidays
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
some nice photos and conditions look great......i wanna be there Laughing
ski holidays
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
It has commenced>>>>

The forecast dump of large magnitude is in effect>>>>

10cm and counting in Aime at 600m, not due to give up until tomorrow evening!!!!

snowHead Cool Toofy Grin snowHead Cool Toofy Grin
latest report
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
Kaiser, Very Happy Very Happy
latest report
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
Kaiser wrote:
10cm and counting in Aime at 600m, not due to give up until tomorrow evening!!!!

Keeping doing that snow dance!!
ski holidays
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
Monday Update from Merinet...

*** Monday 24th November update: since writing Saturday's report we have had even more snow. Around 20cm fell on Sunday night and it's still snowing here.***
ski holidays
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
Latest news from Merinet... Very Happy

There is something magical about the first major snowfalls of the season when the resort is miraculously transformed from dull greys and browns to perfect, sparking white. A few days ago there was practically no snow at resort level but after this weekend's dump the whole Méribel valley is now covered with snow all the way down to Moûtiers. The lift company has measured an impressive 70cm on the summits, and more snow is being added every day by the snowcanons.

The long-range forecast is for more snow to fall to around 1200m (ie well below the resort) on Sunday, Monday and Tuesday. It looks as if we will be enjoying another great start to the season. Roll on 6th December!
snow report
 Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
red 27, Yes, good news - it was confirmed today that Meribel has enough snow to open on the 6th December, rather than the 13th
snow report
Patch, I thought the 6th was the official opening day?
ski holidays
skimottaret, isn't the opening on the 6th a limited service? Links open to Courchevel, but none to VT....
ski holidays
philw, yeah it usually is just limited the first two weeks with all the lifts opening for xmas week. just had a moment of panic as am out with mates the 12th and was wondering if i got my weeks mixed up...
snow conditions
skimottaret, Official opening the 13th, early opening the 6th, snow permitting, I believe
snow conditions
Patch, cool, the webcams are looking very, very, very good for November http://www.pleva.net/webcams.html
snow report
skimottaret, probably the best webcam in the world. http://livecam.lesmenuires.com/ click the crosshair for magnificent full screen Very Happy
latest report
Frosty the Snowman, that is a corker, i like those 360 ones, do you have the meribel one http://livecam.meribel.net/
ski holidays
skimottaret, Very Happy the HD 360 cams are quite superb snowHead
snow report
Wow - and it's still November!!
snow report
Why'm I not there? (Rhetorical question) Crying or Very sad
ski holidays
Frosty the Snowman, skimottaret, fantastic webcams, thanks! Toofy Grin Toofy Grin
ski holidays
J2ski predicting silly amounts in a week in VT.

57cm next friday.. Shocked

I wonder if that comes down.. snowHead
ski holidays
Spikyhedgehog, oh I hope so!
snow conditions
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
Oh, it's mysteriously turned into 1cm.

What a surprise.

... rolling eyes
snow report
Looking over at Courchevel from Champagny this morning...looks alright, might go for a skin this week to see...would imagine its still rocky high up..

snow report
Just booked Meribel for the 13th. As a Meribel virgin, it looks like I picked a good year for it snowHead Any ideas what the lift opening/access is likely to be for that week? Do you all think it might be limited opening or would a good base mean that's not so likely? (sorry for the newbie-type question) wink
ski holidays
There will be partial opening on the 13th of december, the saulire side will be open but the tougnete side will have only limited opening. You will be able to ski to courchevel (which should be pretty much fully open) but not les menuires or val thorens. For more information on the lifts and dates check here http://www.merinet.com/snow_report.php and select the 26th of november if the page it opens with doesn't show it.
latest report
3 valleys got a pasting last night, 25/40cm in Mottaret at 1700/2700 Very Happy
ski holidays
Bozel last night:

Raining down here this morning but freezing level looks to have been about 1200m. More due this weekend - woop woop!
snow conditions
Whats the likleyhood of being able to ski Meribel after the 13th? Paid extra for a 3v pass without thinking about the fact that it may not all be open....

Still, all this snow looks amazing! and in 7 days time I will be on a bus somewhere on the way to VT! snowHead
latest report
the_fatadder, Meribel and the 3V links are open from tomorrow - enjoy!
ski holidays
the_fatadder, you will be able to ski meribel as the val thorens lifts should be open to the connection point where you ought to beautiful untouched powder down to mottaret, whether you will be able to ski back is an entirely different matter unless you're keen on long hikes or skinning
ski holidays
Its snowing all the way up the valley to Val T at the moment, pretty much from Moutier! Very Happy
snow report
why would they only open the VT/Meribel link one way?
snow report
the_fatadder, Are you going on a uni trip? Boywonder will be out there from the 13th, with loads of URNU people, staying in VT.
snow report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy