Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Jungfrau Ski region

Poster: A snowHead
Chris Brookes, I am a terrible dancer but if you think it will help so be it
snow report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
riverman, its better than skiing in the rain...so get dancing Laughing
ski holidays
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Just seen the pics on Eurosport Shocked Far too much brown.
ski holidays
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
that whole side is not that good to be honest, mannlichen is where it's at, apart from yesterday when it was to the point of unusable.
snow report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
um,

it gets worse

The lauberhorn weekend killed the piste Crying or Very sad
ski holidays
 You'll need to Register first of course.
Hehe, hop-jump-hop-otherfoot-jump... It really does work Wink

Give me snow please... Wengiboden is now shut down, which is a pretty major problem from a kids teacher point of view. From Snowgarden directly to Figeler is a pretty steep jump, and Figeler won't last much longer to be honest...
ski holidays
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Crying or Very sad
ski holidays
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
Ok that's officially seriously bad Sad

To make matters worse I expect that there's little if any water left to make artificial snow even if it gets cold enough to do so Crying or Very sad
snow conditions
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
stab, omg....really bad pics..

Lets hope the snow and low temps arrive next weekend Puzzled
ski holidays
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
The lakes at Wixi and Mannlichen have been back up to full for something like 2 weeks.
ski holidays
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
Ronald, well that's something I suppose, I so hope for all those that are there or those going there that the temps get cold enough for them to make some snow
latest report
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
Mannlichen is still good though, a touch icey and getting thin but still perfectly rideable.
Lager - forget it, hasn't been pisted at all yet, just iced out.
Gummi run to lager lift - alright, finished though if it rains/stays warm
Lager run to gummi - they shifted all the snow from the sides onto the piste here, it's alright, a little slushy after 12.
arven - I hate arven so I'm biased but it seems to be holding up, gets more shade down there
Wixi - it's alright, few rocks/stones lurking around but apart from that I had some fun there today
Bumps - crap
innerwengen - crap +1
Tschuggen - IMO more icey than superman's house.
I haven't been up to eigergletscher yet because I'm struggling with a freestyle/park snowboard and ice, my board has purposely blunted edges, as a result I can't go many icey places.

But the fences came down today on the race track so at least there's a semi decent piste back on the menu, if only I could make a turn on it Evil or Very Mad

I heard rain thursday/friday then maybe some snow sunday.
ski holidays
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
longe range forecasts (but both dont agree !!)

http://wwwa.accuweather.com/world-forecast-15day.asp?partner=accuweather&traveler=0&locCode=EUR|CH|SZ006|BERNE&metric=1

http://www.metcheck.com/V40/UK/FREE/europe_forecast_7days.asp?locationID=3463
ski holidays
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
that metcheck one makes no sense, if you change interlaken to jungfraujoch it's the same weather Puzzled
ski holidays
 Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
Hmm, no significant snowfall but it will get colder from arround the 20th for a week, perhaps more
ski holidays
D G Orf, got to think positive
latest report
ah well, at least the skatepark in interlaken isn't snowed over Very Happy
snow report
Just discovered the Swiss Transfer Ticket isn't printable online - has to be posted and I'm leaving Wed rolling eyes

Is there any point just buying a normal ticket online SFr 143.2? Would the STT have covered me all the way up to Murren BLM ('cos I don't think a standard 2nd class does)? Any point in a 1st class ticket?
snow report
slikedges, where are you flying to?

Yes, the STT would cover you up to Murren. You will be able to buy a standard 2nd class that takes you through....but probably not online.
ski holidays
If you book online and you pay an extra £6 they guarantee 'next day delivery'

https://www.swisstravelsystem.com/userdata.php?passid=3

The ticket covers you from the airport right upto Murren train station using 1st or 2nd class. I would stick to buying 2nd class tickets the trains are very clean and no doubt you will get the new double decker train from the airport to Interlaken Ost.
snow report
Elizabeth B, zurich

Chris Brookes, next day delivery to the UK!!? Really?
latest report
slikedges, if you can't get the STT, then I'd be inclined just to pay at Zurich. The station is in the airport, so it's convenient and the queues have never been too bad when I've done it.
snow report
slikedges, yes really, you will see it when it asks for your payment details as you have 3 postal options. If you are still worried just buy one at the Zurich station. All sign posted but print the train timetable now so that you know if you need to walk quickly Laughing from collecting the your luggage to catch the train (they go nearly every hour) and the train station is under the airport (if you didnt know that already).
ski holidays
Chris Brookes, believe it or not it doesn't seem to give me the option of postal delivery to uk! It says if country not listed (and it isn't on that link), then "Pick up at Zurich Airport Railway Station. Travel office SBB. Next to Check-In 3. (At regular ticket counter open from 6.45am until 7.45pm)"
latest report
slikedges, go via this link - (this is for UK version of the site, the other link is for europe........sorry!)

click on the link below, it should show the ticket price in £ and not CH when you enter the dates and decide 1st (£57pp)or 2nd (£86pp)class...let us know

https://www.swisstravelsystem.com/index.php?system=GB

Last edited by Ski the Net with snowHeads on Sun 14-01-07 23:31; edited 1 time in total
snow conditions
Chris Brookes, ok, that worked! Selected next working day - must be that from that site they're sent from somewhere in the uk. Thanks very much for that - didn't find a link to it from the sbb timetable site! Now if only there's some snow left when I get there...
ski holidays
slikedges, they come from the London tourism Office.

Well, fingers X the snow and lower temps should be with you from sunday onwards, stick high and you will be fine, conditions still good at higher level
ski holidays
slikedges, they really are very good at sending tickets, is it worth going first class ? Well that's up to you, the seats are even more comfortable and the coaches quieter but that's about it, nice at busy time though as 1st class is always less crowded, I treated myself to 1st class from Geneva a couple of years ago and it was very nice, but even 2nd class in Switzerland is in general better than 1st class in the uk Shocked wink
ski holidays
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
Chris Brookes, D G Orf, thanks guys!
snow report
slikedges, no problem Little Angel
latest report
we've found that the swiss travel centre in London are pretty good at providing Swiss transfer tockets at very short notice- excellent service. At the ski show in Birmingham this year Mrs Brian T entered there competition (Guess the number of Swiss Chocs in Big bottle - and she won. £500 prize towards travel in Switzerland AND ALL the chocs! All we need now is some snow to ski on at rhe end of February. (Assuming I can Still ski after eating all the Chocolate!! wink wink
snow report
slikedges, no worries Laughing
snow report
For those who need clarity on Wengen . Photo form Swiss Paapers this morning

http://www.20min.ch/sport/wintersport/story/22682331
snow report
lol
snow conditions
to be honest that picture is taken at just the right angle to imply no snow.
Just look at this angle

ALL pistes, on mannlichen and scheidegg are nothing more than polished ice today, was the worst day I had for a while. Even some skiers are having trouble getting grip. Came down the bumps part of the race track today, bag of back bottom. ice ice ice.
Allmend to wengen is now closed as well.
snow conditions
My son and heir has looked at the met charts and cast the runes. According to him (a pilot used to interpreting these things) the blocking high over Spain shows no definite signs of moving or of dissapating! (he says he has been wrong before however. We go to Wengen at the end of February. Surely things will have changed for the better by then Puzzled Puzzled Puzzled
Please folks, I'm looking for reassurance Confused
ski holidays
^^ don't worry Brian T, I'm going a week on Friday and it's going to be superb Very Happy
snow report
Brian T,

http://www.metcheck.com/V40/UK/FREE/europe_forecast_14days.asp?locationID=3463

So hope this is correct...

[EDIT]

just looked at the other longe range weather report which wasnt mirroring the ^ above a couple of days ago.....and now is showing lower temps and snow compared to high temps and sunshine!!

http://wwwa.accuweather.com/world-forecast-15day.asp?partner=accuweather&traveler=0&locCode=EUR|CH|SZ006|BERNE&metric=1

Everyone please get dancing....
snow report
locals reckon wednesday for snow, is that tomorrow?

just checked, yeah today is tuesday.

People with sense say rain wed/thu/fri weekend snow.
snow conditions
Chris Brookes wrote:
[just looked at the other longe range weather report which wasnt mirroring the ^ above a couple of days ago.....and now is showing lower temps and snow compared to high temps and sunshine!!

did you see the end of Jan on that one Shocked Cool
ski holidays

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy