Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Les Deux Alpes - Summer 2008

Poster: A snowHead
Only 2 days to go to opening now. Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy The glacier webcam is working and it looks as though there's masses of snow up there. They're having to push snow away from the top of the Jandri 4/Wall. Shocked It also looks as though at least the first part of Serre Palas/Breche are totally complete, and from the Pied Moutet webcam I copied this pic of the Super Diable, which could clearly be skied still. WOW. Very Happy Very Happy
ski holidays
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
easiski great news, i hope the sun holds off for the next 6 weeks!!! Very Happy
latest report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Looks a possibility for me, apart from tweaking my back this morning.

Btw I hope this is now the official thread Very Happy
ski holidays
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
rayscoops, Never mind your back! Perfect for snowboarders as it's a fair walk up the path from 2,600 to get there. Not sure if my knee's up to it, but I'll be up on Saturday, hopefully and will report. I'm thinking 2,600 is likely to be better than it's been for years. Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy
snow conditions
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
easiski, is Lutins open? becasue I have seen some reasonable flights with Ryanair (hire board out there though !)
ski holidays
 You'll need to Register first of course.
rayscoops, Not usually until 1st July, but others are.
latest report
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
i shoul d hope there is masses of snow up there after all the rain we've had!
was up there last friday, village was in a cloud and it was super cold, made me glad to get back to a warmer but equally as wet serre che!
snow conditions
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
woot (what ever that means)
ski holidays
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
easiski, Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy
snow report
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
easiski, Great to have you and the LDA snow reports back. All the best for the Knee on Sat.
snow report
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
Since I posted earlier I've spoken to a couple of the guys who've been up and they say there's masses of snow above the top of the Cretes - whooppeeeeee. Very Happy Very Happy
ski holidays
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
easiski, if it's still good we may be popping up in July for a day. snowHead
ski holidays
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
rayscoops, that's 'w00t', I do believe.
ski holidays
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
easiski, Good to see you are back home and the snow is good...

Enjoy the summer season Very Happy

rayscoops, I can say that the place Lampbus and I stayed in summer was good... I forget the name... Florence is owner?(help please)
ski holidays
 Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
Lizzard, but what does it mean?
snow report
Only a week to go and I will be on my way to L2A Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy

Not been around on here lately - been too busy with earning some dosh marking KS3 SATs - not been a great experience to be honest due to the dreadful admin issues, but I have finished now!! I am just waiting for one final issue to be resolved and then I can get all the boxes out of my conservatory at last rolling eyes

Trying now to catch up on all the stuff that has been neglected this past month!
ski holidays
Butterfly, Have a great time, and do let us know how you get on. It does look promising Very Happy
latest report
Yeah Butterfly,

Have a wonderful time - I know you will...

We want a report Smile
snow report
rayscoops, when are you thinking of going? I'd be up for it if I can juggle on-call and fit holiday around rest of team etc..
snow report
little tiger, rayscoops, It was the Cote Brun hotel.

Lovely sunny day today, and a bit cooler. Yesterday was fab with warm sun all day and a bit of a breeze. Enough to dry my washing outside in 3 hours. Very Happy I was also able to sit outside and read till after 20.00. Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy

Roll on tomorrow. snowHead snowHead
snow report
jonm, cheap flights with Ryanair are generally Monday to Friday, next week I am busy but maybe the following week or so, but quite flexible as I work any days i want so weekends have very little bearing when it comes to taking holidays. when would you be up for a trip?
snow report
rayscoops, ok cool... any time really as long as I have a bit of notice, if I'm down to be on call it can take a bit of sorting out to get someone to cover me. After 30th Jun is probably best for me as I'm free-ish for 3 weeks then.
ski holidays
easiski, thanks for starting this thread and look forward to seeing pics, checking out flight options as I type Smile
snow report
jonm wrote:
rayscoops, ok cool... any time really as long as I have a bit of notice, if I'm down to be on call it can take a bit of sorting out to get someone to cover me. After 30th Jun is probably best for me as I'm free-ish for 3 weeks then.

In which case the first Monday in July seems a good bet, coming back on the Friday, assuming cheapish hotels are available, unless alternatively, if you fancy it, that some Snowhead has an apartment available for those days
snow report
rayscoops, Where do you fly from/to? I can't find any flights to Grenoble from Bristol/Cardiff until winter timetable.

easiski, Glad you have started this thread. Missing the regular reports. Hope you are ok and that your knee is holding up
snow conditions
Mogs, Stanstead unfortunately
snow conditions
I thought that you might say that. I was hoping you had found an alternative because I really fancy a summer trip. Just don't fancy the drive to Stanstead that much.
snow report
Mogs, i might take the coach from the Quadrant and have a nap on the way
snow report
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
rayscoops, I hadn't considered that. I had previously ruled out Standstead but going up by coach could actually make a difference. Might even be more appealing financially the cost of fuel at the moment
snow report
Ugh, Stansted. Swore I'd never ever go there again after the last time...
snow report
Mogs, 6 1/2 hourson the coach Shocked jonm, no easy solutions yet for me

oops .............. we should really be in trips not clogging up this snow report
latest report
rayscoops, jonm, Mogs, The Lutins will open at the beginning of July. Very Happy

Ooh - I've put my skis in the van, packed my backpack with boots etc. decided which jacket to wear ...... what else? About 14 hours to go .... Sad Very Happy Very Happy
ski holidays
rayscoops, 'Hurrah', apparently.

Grandad. Laughing
ski holidays
easiski wrote:
little tiger, rayscoops, It was the Cote Brun hotel.

Lovely sunny day today, and a bit cooler. Yesterday was fab with warm sun all day and a bit of a breeze. Enough to dry my washing outside in 3 hours. Very Happy I was also able to sit outside and read till after 20.00. Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy

Roll on tomorrow. snowHead snowHead

That was it Smile

I was able to dry washing outside in about 2 hours - not from sun but from wind... Blowing here last couple of days... Oh well it is winter and I'm still getting more sun than I've had the last 2.5 years Smile

Off to warmer climes very soon I hope...

Bring on the snow report Smile

Rayscoops congats
ski holidays
if you live in the south east an alternative to ryan air is the Train. Eurostar and TGV direct to Grenoble and the coach is then 8 euro's to L2A. If you add up travel to airport ,parking ,flights car hire petrol. Journey time London To L2A 8hours. Great deals on First class on rail EUROPE and you can take as much kit as you can carry.
ski holidays
Lizzard, people now think I have just had a grand child, thanks Laughing Shocked
latest report
Well I did take lots of photos today, on my phone, and find I can't download them to the PC. I'll put new batteries in the camera and take some with that next time. So - sorry - you'll have to make do with a verbal report:
I was a bit late getting up there (about 10.15 or so), and on the way up I saw monster snow right down to the bottom of the Grand Nord. It wouldn't be worth going that far though as the white eggs aren't working, and while the village chair might at certain times of the day, it's a long walk to the Cretes, never mind if you have to walk down from there! Shocked
They had pisted the Jandri, and although not officially open it's good, hard spring snow, so I started off there. Excellent except for the frozen tracks from where the pisteurs had been playing previously. Evil or Very Mad However it's complete and just like skiing it in winter but on spring snow. It was firm all the way to the bridge over the tunnel and then you have to walk back to the Jandri Express, but it's only about 500m.

Having returned to 3,200m it looked very hard on Puy Salie, so I started off down the Roche Mantel, but then saw there were loads of peeps on the Echines. I traversed across to it and it was FAB. Hard and smooth as a baby's bottie. Very Happy Very Happy Getting down to the Signal chair I ran into Jeremy who runs the European Ski School and he was also on a high. There was a real buzz on the mountain today, and much more than the usual opening day buzz. I popped up the Signal chair and then down and across the Roche Mantel back onto the Echines again. I got further over near the rocks in the middle and skied a fairly steep pitch there - great! Very Happy

After this I skied off the side of the red that links the Signal with the Roche Mantel in super spring snow, up the Roche Mantel and off for a coffee. Very Happy Having had a good chat with various official peeps up there (everyone was really upbeat today), I set off down the Serre Palas, took the traverse onto the top of the Gours (hidden valley) and skied that until the last moment I could traverse back to the Breche. Down the bottom of the Breche to finish at 2,600. At no point today did I go above 3,200m - it was too good below it.

'Arno's Couloir' is complete from the top, and there are just so many lines to ski below the glacier that it would take a week to ski them all. Very Happy Very Happy The weather forecast (and you all know how I believe them - not) says it will get dodgy after a fine start tomorrow, and then snow for Monday and Tuesday and drop a fair bit. Some of them say fine on Weds and some not till Thurs. Therefore we should be having powder once it clears up again as it's supposed to stay cool. However they're saying it'll get warm next weekend, so anyone who's thinking of a quick sortie should deffo come NEXT WEEKEND if they can. Once it gets hot the lower (off glacier) snow will melt quickly, and although there's mega snow on the glacier, it's nice to be able to ski below it at this time of year.

The 'wall' below the top of Jandri 4 chairlift has avalanched, which I've never seen before in June. It's a shame it's not skiable, but if it hadn't avalanched last week it almost certainly would have when someone skied it, so perhaps it's a good thing.

This is the best start to the summer season I can remember since the hot summer of 2003. Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy
ski holidays
easiski, sounds great! next time you see jeremy promt him to reply to the email my son sent him, he's had no reply
snow conditions
All sounds fab!!

Nice to have easiski reports back - thank you easiski!!

One day I must get out to LDA!!
ski holidays
snowangel., Will do. Very Happy
snowaddict, Thanks - I'll look forward to it. Very Happy
snow report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy