Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Evening meals in Samoens

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
Help please. Its been 5 years since visiting Samoen. Staying at Le Neige et Roc appartments. Cannot/wont now afford all evening meals in the restaurant, as it will cost me for 5 around £250 per night with drinks! Know about Louisiana pizza place, is it still good? Does it do take outs?
Other restaurants that we can get a couple of decent corses for £25 a head plus drinks. Information would be welcome. I can justify Neige et roc prices as I'll eat anything, and all of it, but have a wife who eats little, and 3 daughters who eat about the same.
Up to date information would be welcome. Thanks in anticipation
snow conditions
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
to put this up the list.Hoping its new year that has put people out of action for a while!
snow conditions
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
The pizza cafe in Samoens is fine, I don't know what it is called but I guess it is the same one. I have been to Samoens several times over the last few years and have found it to have become progressively more expensive each year. It is a beautiful village but you are going to pay for that. There is cheaper food just down the road in Morillion.
ski holidays
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
twoodwar, Le Pierrot de neiges is quite good value for a restaurant, the Le Savoie bar does some of the cheapest food. La Clarine, Relais Septimontain and Le Serac all standard stuff at standard prices. Le Bois de Lune and Muscade et Basilic are a bit more pricey and even last year we found La Table de Fifine expensive although the food was good. Another option is to get ready made food from the Veau Gras; Le pierrot de neiges also do take away lasagnas etc. Hope this is of some help.
snow conditions
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Here goes...

Le Serac - which is behind the Credit Agricole bank, very good and reasonable.
La Louisianne - great, take -outs if they have time, but if doing take-away there are at least 2 other options (one near the GME lift)
Au Rendezvous to La Piaz - opposite side of village from La Louisianne, one of the cheapest, smaller portions - great atmosphere.
La Tournalta - near the web cafe and the lime tree
Muscade et Basillic - Gourmet, a bit more expensive - but less cheese than elsewher
Au Bois de Lune - on the edge of the village on the way towards the big supermarket - Very good.
La Clarine - great for cheesey local specialties.

Would recommend any or all of above, hope this helps.
latest report
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
Always worth booking your next night whilst out on the evening before. They will happily turn away business if they are busy.
snow report
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
yes I remember when I was there you needed to book or get there early even in low season to find a decent place
ski holidays
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
Dear all

thanks a lot for the up to date info. This is much appreciated and pretty much always more reliable than the best guidebooks.
Cheers
Tony
snow conditions

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy