Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Holiday costs early march

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
We want to book a ski trip at the beginning of March for six. There doesn't appear to be any offers at this time, is this likely to end if we book nearer the time?

We were looking to go early Jan but one of the group can't make it then. Obviously early Jan was cheaper and was just wondering, having usually booked well in advance if that is likely to change.

I suppose advantage of booking late is knowing where snow is. How late could/should I wait for the best deals Razz ?
latest report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Yes wait. But bear in mind Easter is around the week beginning 15th/22nd
snow conditions
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
mfamily2, What sort of place are you thinking of? TO or DIY?The w/b 8 March is likely to be the best week in france - the very busy French holidays end then, and Easter won't have started. But just because of that, it probably won't be super-quiet. But it should be a great week, optimum for snow, sunshine and crowds. If you want a package and know exactly what you want, for 6 of you, I'd be inclined to book it. If you know where the snow is, so will everyone else! But if you wanted to do DIY you could book flights - which will just get steadily more expensive, whatever. Or will you drive? In French resorts that will be a fairly low season week, so you could get some ve good prices booking accommodation direct. Cheaper than a TO, generally. But things are filling up, and you'll find less and less choice.
latest report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
I think this year there won't be much discountng because only a very short mid season period due to early easter. think DIY, if you want to go cheaper. we're flying to turin for £40pp, transfers £52 pp and accommodation (self catering £220 pp). cost say £310, but we are in an amazing looking 5 bedroomed apartment that's slope side in serre chevalier. I'm sure if you wanted half board you could find a deal doing diy.
ski holidays
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
I have been organizing a small trip in mayrhofen from 2nd of march and would say the accomodation prices have increased on the whole by about a 3rd since the early snowfall. In the end I had to book up a place this week as everything within a reasonable distance of the lifts was disappearing quickly. One of the offers from the tourist board said I had picked a very busy week....not sure why but it seems to be true.
ski holidays
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
pam w, Thanks for that, we were looking at tour operator, so will keep on scanning. 08/03 sounds like a good idea.
ski holidays
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
mfamily2, but there's not too much time to lose. I know that individually rented apartments in our development are all pretty fully booked for that week (I was looking for a friend) so don't hang about too long. If it snows heavily over the next few days, as looks likely ( snowHead snowHead snowHead ) there'll be even more people looking to book up. If you need flights, book ASAP.
snow conditions

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy