Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

St Anton / Nasserein

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
Hi All
I'm looking at organising a group holiday to St Anton and we will want to stay in a catered chalet. A lot of the chalets seem to be in the Nasserein area. Can you tell me where this area is in relation to St Anton itself? It's often described as a 15 minute walk. Is this area worth staying in and is there any apres there?

All information greatly appreciated!
latest report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Hi Jan,

Nasserein is not far "out" of St Anton - its basically at the south end of the main street. From its nearest extremity, a 10-15 min walk would effectively get you to the Galzigbahn gondola at the far end of the town. Although, at worst, Nasserein extends up a bit of a hill and can be a 10 minute walk to the Nasserein chairlift. Its not really a problem, because the ski bus goes past 3 times an hour or something, and will whisk you up/down the road.
Its a mainly residential area with a few small bars, but the main apres in the town is only that short walk away, so its not really a pain in my view. Skiing down in the dark from the Krazy Kangaruh or the Mooserwirt (bladdered) when they shut at 8pm can, if you keep your height, deposit you halfway home. The walk up to the KK/Mooserwirt is quite tedious through the woods, so try to ski in there on your last run of the day, and ski out again when you get sent home.
Perfectly worth staying there - its nice, its Austria! Enjoy! Very Happy
snow report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Nasserein is perfectly OK for St Anton.

Pettneu is the place that sometimes gets sold as St Anton - particularly for last minute bargains. Pettneu is a bus away and I would not recommend it if you want to be out and about in St Anton proper every night.
ski holidays
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
jan, Nasserian also provides quite good access into the St Anton network as it has a fast 8 person gondola upto Gampen, some of the bars at the bottom of the lift can be quite lively early on.
ski holidays
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
jan, the Fang bar is at the Nasserein end of town, and is about my favourite bar in the resort. Have a look at my photo's in my sig, there's some of a quiet night in the Fang in there Wink
snow report
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
Charlatanefc, I was hoping that you wouldn't bring that up again Very Happy
snow report
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
I'm working in a chalet in that area Very Happy Heard nothing but good things about the location. Close enough to everything but quiet enough to get a good nights sleep.
snow conditions
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
stevew, I don't know. The riff-raff you holiday with..... rolling eyes

Laughing Laughing Laughing
latest report
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
Charlatanefc wrote:
stevew, I don't know. The riff-raff you holiday with..... rolling eyes

Laughing Laughing Laughing

Your pictures are driving me crazy - I want to go there NOW
latest report
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Ski the Net with snowHeads
tequilaslammer, makes two of us rolling eyes
latest report
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
jan, I stayed near Gondola to Gampen (just on the St Anton side), I suppose on the edge of Nas, and it was fine, 10 minute walk at most to main apres area, and there were a few nice bars on the way too where we would stop off for a quick snifter. it is quieter to get a god nights kip but only a short walk (or stagger) to the main pish up area.
ski holidays
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
What everybody said... but it depends a little on where in Nasserein you will be. If it is on Nassereinerstrasse, then the ski bus (Linie 4) will go past your door and drop you at Nassereinbahn or West Terminal (near Galzigbahn), and points in between. Nassereinbahn does not generally get big queues, except at the start of ski school classes, or on a bad day when the other lifts are closed. It does however move people very quickly.

In short, I always stay in Nasserein and find it very convenient and a lot more peaceful that staying in the main part of town.
snow conditions
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
Thanks everyone, this has put my mind at rest. Now I will look for a good chalet. Forgot to mention - this is for 2009 ! (I like to plan ahead)
snow report
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
Town plan here : click on Union-Jack for English, then "The Region", then "City Plan".
ski holidays
 Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
Jan,
If you check out the following link the interactive map is very usefull http://83.218.160.155/stanton/map/stanton_map.php?. You may even be able to locate your prospective accommodation on it. If not get a street name and locate it on http://www.viamichelin.com/viamichelin/int/tpl/hme/MaHomePage.htm by requesting a map of St Anton and zooming in.
Good Luck.
latest report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy