Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

La Thuile snow???

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
Hello

I know there are a few La Rosiere/La Thuile threads open but they seem to have gone off on tangents other than the current snow conditions!

Is there anybody out there now or just back who have a good idea of how the current conditions are? Looking at the various sites things look good but i have grown to trust them as far as i can throw them (ie. REPORT: best conditions at the top; REALITY: grass at the bottom etc..).

In particular, can anyone tell me how the link to La Ros is operating (i believe winds is the main problem there) and how the runs to resort level are doing?

And while i am at it, i hear that La Thuile is pretty awful for nightlife. We are a group of thirtysomething couples heading over and although we are not looking for all night boozing a few lively bars would be nice. Any suggestions or reccomendations on that front? (we are staying at the Planibel).

Thanks a million
Kevin
snow conditions
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
drkpower,
We have booked that hotel for next Feb, 30 of us all thirtysomething with kids, so i`ll be reading this thread with interest, also a review when you get back would be good,
btw what ski hire company are you using as we haven't booked any yet but likely to go with Bluski

Thanks Jason Very Happy
ski holidays
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
drkpower, The link shuts in high winds and during heavy snow. Mid/end of March is not renowned for high winds. There is boat loads of snoew in the col area. The lowest run is now shut in LA Rosiere so the best one left IMHO is Marmottes from top to bottom. The trip over from La Thuile is worthwhile for 2 days at the modst IMHO. Sorry can give no advice on nightlife. The snow in La Thuile keeps really well and the depths are good at the moment: 50cm in the town and 280cm at the top. Stop fretting Very Happy
snow report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
Frosty the Snowman, Fontaine Froid and Ecudets open, was in La Thuile yesterday, conditions were superb, we had 2 saisonaires from Ste Foy with us who couldn't believe how much snow there is in La Ros and La Thuile, forecast is for a low pressure front to come through this evening bringing more snow, wind today 20kms N/NE link open, sadly not skiing today as I've had to shovel about a metre of snow off the terrace. I kept looking for a couple of willing hands but no little Frosties in sight. You can't get a more up to date snow report than this, I'm sitting on the terrace, in brilliant sunshine, enjoying a cold beer after my labours this AM. Next time we go Italy I'll drink a bombardino in your honour!
snow report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
David@traxvax, I wasn't having such a bad day until now Very Happy Please don't rub it in in such graphic detail Very Happy
PS Get the website to update the details on FF & E. E
snow report
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
Thanks all

Looking good, can't wait!

Most of us have own skis so i cant help on the ski rental front - those of us who need them just booked through the travel agent for convenience so no idea where i will be getting them from.
latest report
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
drkpower,

The nightlife is pretty dire. They have a couple singing in the bar every night in the Planibel who are pretty awful. There are quieter areas to the bar you can escape to once you have heard them for a night or two and can bear no more.

On the last night we fell out with her. The radiator by us was pumping out heat at a fierce rate. We were all in t-shirts and found it too hot. We opened the window and a barmaid was sent over to tell us that the singer wanted the window shut as it might affect her throat (she was about 35 feet away from said window. We said we would shut it if they turned the radiator off. They couldn’t do that so we agreed to shut the window most of the way but still leave it open a bit. This wasn’t good enough and she refused to sing any more (hooray!). This was after she came over and told us we badly educated British.

Instead the sound system defaulted to cheesy 80s numbers which all our group had our own little party to (we were a mixture a group of 22 adults and children). It was a shame to end on that note but we had a great time there. It bugged the singer that people were enjoying recorded music more than her efforts. We are big fans of Italy and have been many times. Italian friends from Como had driven over to join us for skiing that day – I have never known anything like it but wouldn’t let it put me off. She just needs to be brought down a peg or two.

There is a bar near the Planibel with quite a few screens for football etc but not a hotspot for dancing. Might be something in the old town but I wouldn't expect too much.
ski holidays
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
wozzie, did you book self catering or half-board at the hotel? cheers
snow report
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
Resurrecting this thread for any update on the situation in La Thuile. Looks like 20cm yesterday and plenty open so I was thinking of a trip there this weekend. Any first hand reports (or from La Ros) would be welcome?
latest report
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Ski the Net with snowHeads
Diarmuid, La Thuile was virtually shut down on Monday, still snowing when I left La Rosiere yesterday and the forecast was for snow all week not clearing until Sat.
snow report
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
Piste no. 5 (an easy black) was fine last Friday morning, as were the blues linking to it from the end of Bellcombe II. It was only at the very bottom by the gondola that things were a bit patchy. All the runs on the other (San Bernardo) side were in very good condition as well. Couldn't tell you much else about La Thuile as all three trips over there were non-stop affairs within 2.5 hour group lessons that started and ended in the World's Greatest Resort.
snow conditions
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
David@traxvax, truffaut, Thanks for the info. Will sit tight and see how the week develops. Really fancy a week in some Italian resort before the season finishes.
snow report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy