Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Ski Carraige

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
Firstly, apologies if this has been covered elsewhere...

Just checking my Thomson ticket 'book'.... and hidden amongst the many pages of small print, it states that only skis are to be put in my ski bag, to a max of 5kg.
Has anyone put this to the test? What happens if I keep the weight down, but put other 'squashy' stuff in with skis?

Cheers!
snow report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
PatMan, our ski bags were stuffed with God knows what on a Thomson's flight at new year: didn't seem to matter.
ski holidays
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
PatMan, last year they didnt even weigh our skis - just stuck a ticket on them and asked us to take it along to the strange shaped baggage area.
snow conditions
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
PatMan, I've never had my single ski bags weighed but have been asked about how many sets were in the bag. The 5Kg limit is a bit impractical anyway. None of our skis weigh less than 5Kg per pair and so the total package must be over the limit by the time the poles (not much) and the bag itself (more than you would think) weights are included.
latest report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Oversized baggage desk aren't bothered about the weight anyway, only whether the contents are legal.
snow report
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
They certainly didn't check what else I had in the ski bag last January in Manchester (Going with Thomsons to the Dolomites).

I am intending packing them with a few T shirts etc. again this time (Thomsons again, from Bristol - Austria), and would be surprised if they object.
latest report
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
I always pack socks and gloves in the ends, wrap a foam kipmat around the skis and then fleece clothing etc around that. Never had a problem. If they ask just tell them it is light packing as they refuse to accept any responsibility for damage during transit.
snow report
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
Myself and my girlfriend flew with Thompsonfly to Geneva on 23rd December. 1 ski bag with 2 pairs of skis, 2 pairs of cellopetes, all hats, gloves, etc. and no worries or comments off anyone.

I reckon you are okay, unless a grumpy check-in guy/gal has been denied by partner in the morning!!
snow report
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
Our skis were weighed at Birmingham, twice. The checking lady asked for a reweigh 'to get an accurate weight'. The weight showed 12kg, and that was OK. Thankfully she didn't notice that one end of the bag was on the scales and one on the luggage trolley, because the 3 pairs of skis in it added up to over 18kg!
snow conditions
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Ski the Net with snowHeads
I've just rung them to get a definitive answer as I fly with them tomorrow and it is:-

standard 25kgs to include 1 item of hand luggage (max 10kgs & subject to 55x40x20cm) and 1 item of hold luggage.

If sporting goods carriage is paid for then the ski bag weight is an extra allowance on top of the above.
snow conditions
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
Dougie,
Quote:
2 pairs of cellopetes
What's that then - a quartet of cellists all called Pete?
snowHead
ski holidays
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
petemillis, Very Happy Smile Very Happy Smile
snow report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy