Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Best ski name of all times

Poster: A snowHead
There is much debate about the graphix and names of skis. The industry has been changing so much, one could hardly keep up.

I have always like the creative nature of ski names, such as She's Piste, Sweet Daddy, and the like.

I really don't know much about the Movement ski line but I have to say they get my vote for Best ski name of all time with Movement Climax http://www.skipass.com/guide-matos/ski/2007/movement/Climax.html

What ski name do you think is the best, most creative name?

Last edited by Poster: A snowHead on Sun 26-11-06 14:36; edited 1 time in total
latest report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
I think Intersport's Tecno brand had a ski in the 80s called Le Ski. It cannot really get much more elegant.
snow conditions
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
demos, Ah The Ski. Did it look like this?
ski holidays
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
Not skis, but these trousers have a pretty tasty name Very Happy
snow report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Not bad Ray Zorro but I've got a whole ski company named after me http://www.hartski.de/english/index.html
latest report
 You'll need to Register first of course.
Ray Zorro, Those are ssooooooooooooooo you! but will they make your butt look big? rolling eyes
snow report
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
SnowHot, I think it was all white with minimalist block letters gold on white. I don;t have a pic though.
snow report
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
Fenlandskier, nice one, you win with that.

Snowhot Again, not a ski, but maybe a good place for Apres for the snowHeads ladies...

snow conditions
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
Ray Zorro, were you aware that you were entering the Equipment forum? I do, however think it would be worth while to start a Best Apres' ski place Names in Apres Zone

Now! Ray Zorro, Give me a Ski Name that is Awesome!
snow report
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Stormrider takes some beating. As does another Movement: the Demon Flame
latest report
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
SnowHot, OK, how about the one named especially for IncogSkiSno - Monster Head Confused
snow conditions
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
SnowHot wrote:
demos, Ah The Ski. Did it look like this?

Wow, that takes me back. Sold in huge numbers in the early 80s, often with Spademan bindings. A certain Mr David Goldsmith used to sell hods of 'em at Alpine Sports. (Don't think it was an Intersport special though)

Not long after that there was surely the worst titled ski ever... the Blizzard Wizzard.
snow report
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
Ray Zorro, ROFLMAO. Would that ski be a matched set with the "Movement Joystick"
snow conditions
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
Bode Swiller, The skis pictured are Flexon Phils
Well, the yellow/Blue skis are his, the middle skis he sold to me.

He is looking for a set of the Black Magic The Ski. If any one knows where I could find a set, I'd love to surprise Phil for his birthday.
They surely are a blast from the past.
ski holidays
 Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
So what are the new ones on the middle graphicked up to look like "The Ski"? Those are not Spademans thereon I don't think...
latest report
David Murdoch, The bindings are Marker Demo bindings
they are a 162 Bump Ski, you can see light through the ski, and there is a piece of sagebrush(I think) embedded in the ski when it's produced.
snow conditions
David Murdoch wrote:
So what are the new ones on the middle graphicked up to look like "The Ski"? Those are not Spademans thereon I don't think...

David, the pair in the middle are indeed "The Ski", 2004/5 models. Bobbie Burns is still making skis in limited productions. Those are mounted up with Marker Speedpoint demo bindings.
ski holidays
David Murdoch, no idea. Neither pair are original The Ski (obviously the middle one's aren't). The Ski was white with coloured squares.

Spademan was a good binding; you just had to get used to having your toe end out there without any binding parts around it. Was a bit weird. Those pictured definitely aren't Spademan. OK, what lawnmower is that?
ski holidays
Bode Swiller wrote:
David Murdoch, no idea. Neither pair are original The Ski (obviously the middle one's aren't). The Ski was white with coloured squares.

Sorry, Bode, but there were more "The Ski" than the white ones. The Yellow/Blue pair are from 75ish and if I recall correctly they are a first edition. I picked up a pair of purple "The Ski", and I had never seen them before I got these, they are TMS (The Mogul Ski) there were also TRS (The Race Ski), Black Majic and more current models such as in the first picture. Here is their (not so) current web site: http://theski.us/ I also have talked to bobbie Burns about these skis too.

ski holidays
Flexon Phil, I stand corrected. Over here I reckon we only got them in white. Yours look in great condition for '75.

I don't think you have enough equipment wink
ski holidays
Bode Swiller wrote:
Flexon Phil, I stand corrected. Over here I reckon we only got them in white. Yours look in great condition for '75.

I don't think you have enough equipment wink

Neither do I.

If you look at the Spademan manual, you will see a couple of blue pairs on that
snow conditions
Flexon Phil, amazing (not so much the binding but the fact you still have the manual). What other little gems from the past have you got safely tucked away?
snow report
Thread hijacks can be so distracting but this has been sooooooooo much fun!

Again, Any one know where I can find some Black Magics? Phil has a birthday coming up and I'd sure like to surprise him!
ski holidays
Bode Swiller wrote:
Flexon Phil, amazing (not so much the binding but the fact you still have the manual). What other little gems from the past have you got safely tucked away?

Actually, i will confess, they are not mine. I took that from an Ebay auction. As far as what I have squirreled away? Oh, just some of this and that. Nothing special Wink
latest report
Tempest
Gyrator

Flexon Phil, still have a pair of PKs that might be able to ride up to Stowe?
ski holidays
SnowHot wrote:
Ray Zorro, ROFLMAO. Would that ski be a matched set with the "Movement Joystick"

The Miller Soft, rather.
snow report
comprex wrote:
Flexon Phil, still have a pair of PKs that might be able to ride up to Stowe?

I am down to those 173's, they are mounted for a 304 shell, If they fit, you are welcome to get on them. I unloaded the 183 and 193's a couple of weeks ago. I do have some 170 Epics and 180 Supers if you want them.
snow report
Flexon Phil wrote:
Bode Swiller wrote:

Actually, i will confess, they are not mine. I took that from an Ebay auction. As far as what I have squirreled away? Oh, just some of this and that. Nothing special Wink

In that case, here's a pic of my car
snow conditions
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
Bode Swiller, Ah, but Phil never said those were his bindings. He said, "neither do I" refering to the fact that he could always use more gear, including those bindings he found on Ebay. BTW, Nice ride Wink
snow report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy