Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

How many wear a helmet ?

Do you wear a helmet when you're skiing or snowboarding?
Yes
55%
 55%  [ 113 ]
No
43%
 43%  [ 88 ]
Don't know
0%
 0%  [ 2 ]
Voted : 203
Total Votes : 203

Poster: A snowHead
I started wearing a lid last year not due to the speeds or being out of control, the decision to buy one was seeing someone in our chalet come home with a 10 stiches in his head after hitting his head on an exposed rock on the piste in Val Thorens due to lack of snow last feb. So splased out on one of those helmets with ear phones built in, it also seemed to bring snow as over half a meter of fresh so fell over night, coving all those exposed rocks, but i still had a warm and safe head.
snow conditions
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
We're getting helmets this season

Deb
latest report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
No to the helmet... but have thought about it

Floppy the Snotman, I liked your hat better...could pick you out from miles away.

P.S give Jutta an Elan franchise, I think we should have snowHead poll about that...!!!!!
snow report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
ssnowman, So far I've never worn one, but it looks as if helmet wearers will soon be a majority. So to avoid being a member of a minority group perhaps I'll buy one this season.
ski holidays
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
yes = 26
No = 29
Don't know = 1

OK so who here can, tell if they are wearing a helmet or not Laughing
snow conditions
 You'll need to Register first of course.
Don't wear one, and don't want yet another item to pack, transport and carry. If I ever ski hard enough to need one I'll get one but till then ....
snow report
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
I can't find one big enough to fit my enormous bulbous head. I bought one a couple of seasons ago, but it gives me a headache to wear it for longer than an hour, so I don't.

If I could find one that fits, and looks ok, I may think about buying one, however I'm not that bothered about looking and I'm prepared to take the risk until then. I think that skiing in control and not falling are a better safety policy.
ski holidays
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
Kramer, really!? How big is your head? I'd have thought there must be some buckets out there you could squeeze into Shocked snowHead
ski holidays
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
Interesting. The proportion of those declaring they wear a helmet in the poll (50%) at the moment considerably exceeds my guess at the percentage actually seen on European ski slopes - I would have said less than 15%.
snow report
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
I'm suprised so many people are wearing helmets these days.

Perhaps snowHead 's are leading the way!
snow report
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
achilles, but wouldn't you also say that snowHead on the whole are a lot more sensible than the 'average' punter Little Angel Laughing
ski holidays
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
achilles, I would guess that those that are helmet wearers are "out and proud", those that don't wear one just can't be bothered to vote.
ski holidays
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
Regardless of any safety issues, I can't find a hat that will keep my ears warm without blinding me at the same time.
latest report
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
Only when I'm on a motorbike Wink
snow conditions
 Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
eng_ch, er, maybe you are wearing it backwards? Shocked Laughing
snow conditions
Bode Swiller, what kind of camera do you attach to your helemt?
snow report
By the way, I wear a helmet and have done now for 3 seasons. I hate the helmet hair I get afterwards but they do keeep my head warm and my goggles never seem to fog up now. Very Happy Mr Geetee and I bought our helmets after doing our first Dave Murray camp in Whistler. If you're not wearing a helmet there you really stand out and most first-time campers seem to buy them if they don't already own one.
ski holidays
geetee wrote:
Bode Swiller, what kind of camera do you attach to your helemt?

If you're looking for a helmetcam this type seem quite popular.
latest report
Michelle wrote:
achilles, but wouldn't you also say that snowHead on the whole are a lot more sensible than the 'average' punter Little Angel Laughing

Ah, another snowhead who hasn't had the pleasure of meeting me !!

By the way, my helmet has wings (No redbull or bodyform jokes please!!)
snow report
rob@rar, thanks for that link, that's exactly what we've been looking for for ages. (It's for JohnQ's helmet, I don't wear one.)
snow report
RachelQ, Is the "hair thing" your main reason for not wearing one wink Laughing
snow conditions
RachelQ wrote:
rob@rar, thanks for that link, that's exactly what we've been looking for for ages. (It's for JohnQ's helmet, I don't wear one.)

I bought one recently, it's even smaller than it looks on that website, and from a quick test around the house it seems to be good quality video. Good service from that dealer as well.
ski holidays
rob@rar, Thanks Rob, I'll check it out. Very Happy
latest report
marc gledhill, I need XXXL, which are not easy to find.
latest report
I started doing off piste and sking through trees last year. As I wear a lid when climbing, mountain biking and on a motorbike it just seems like tempting fate to not wear one for skiing - especially when I consider how many times I fall over in the average day.
snow conditions
I get terrible helmet velcro hehehe
ski holidays
Floppy the Snotman, FenlandSkier, What a pair of helmets... Laughing
snow report
Jerry, don't you dare think of buying one, or else you'll be skiing round Zermatt on yer own at xmas Wink
snow conditions
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
I always wear a helmet, even when it is hot - it has vents. I've worn one since about my 6th day out. I'm more worried about other snow users hitting me, than I am about my skiing.
latest report
Jerry, Consider the only time you have been hit by a skier in your group ........now consider who you are going on hoilday with. €80 will get you a nice brown one.
ski holidays
Floppy the Snotman, yup Blush You've seen my hat hair Sad
ski holidays
RachelQ,

Looks fine....

you don't want helmet hair.... Laughing Laughing
snow report
Floppy the Snotman, oooh, you bitch Wink
snow conditions
I got one in 2003 when I was skiing in Canada/States, where they seem a lot more common. I ski off-piste/trees and it seemed a bit daft not to really. It also looks cool and it allows me to ski in the vicinity of Charlatanefc, aka Incoming with a bit more safety.
latest report
We looked around in the shops for them in Westendorf and Val Thorens this season but there weren't that many around...
snow report
Kramer wrote:
marc gledhill, I need XXXL, which are not easy to find.

Whats that in inches?
snow report
Nickski, is tonight abuse Ian night? Sad wink
ski holidays
Kramer, I have the same problem, the Leedom Vandal seems to suit the "larger head" and as its squarish you don't look (too much) like you should be put in a cannon and fired....

On a general note I have found my helmet lining has compacted quite a bit which is annoying as its really too loose now unless I crank up the chin strap, perhaps I bought a lid that was too big ?(It was not loose when new). I used the helmet a lot last season (100 plus days) and would expect some wear out, is this common though ? Am I expecting too much ?
ski holidays
Charlatanefc, getting my retaliation in . . . first !? Every time the Kramer, express came to halt I made sure I was at the bottom of it so it would harder for anyone to ski into me. Smart precaution as it turned out, though it didn't stop me laughing me head off when you demolished poor Jerry, er, after establishing he was OK etc.

It's a bit like my little chair lift shuffle just before the hit. Sensible precautions aka looking out for No. 1 !?
snow conditions
Kramer, I have a salomon helmet & although I am generally a large in riding hats the large salomon helmets were way too big. Might be worth trying their xxl.

http://www.landausports.co.uk/Range/id/ski%20dept/brand/helmets/sib/unisex
snow conditions

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy