Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Club Med Booking

Poster: A snowHead
I am an American in the USA and I am thinking of going to a European Club Med in 2025. I am seeking information on where to find good prices and would love to hear which location you suggest. I am an expert skier, but I would have intermediate and novice skiers with me hence Club Med may work well for us.
snow conditions
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
@skimachine, the time of year you might visit could influence advice about location, if you know when that may be?
snow conditions
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Double post

Last edited by Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see? on Fri 5-01-24 21:34; edited 1 time in total
snow report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
@skimachine, sign up to their offers newsletter. St Moritz is very nice and you can train from Zurich including a stint on the Glacier Express.
snow report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
There's an impressive (and massive) new Club Med opened at Tignes in France. The ski area is one of Europe's biggest and most famous and is shared with Val D'Isere. Tignes isn't generally regarded as ideal for beginners but there are free beginner lifts and some gentle nursery areas.
snow report
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
@skimachine DM sent
snow report
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
[quote= PeakyB"]@skimachine, the time of year you might visit could influence advice about location, if you know when that may be?[/quote]

I would go in late Jan or early Feb, but I would definitely want to miss the European holiday periods whenever they would be. Like everyone, I would prefer a place with full snow coverage so altitude is important.
snow report
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
I have been to Flaine, Chamonix and La Plagne. First two now closed. Great time and introduced me to off-piste (the top classes were always OP orientated. Food good and entertainment interesting. Would be a good choice for mixed group. For Espace Killy I think Val d’isere would be a better option for novice skier. You will have a ball.

We booked with a UK TA travelclubelite. Recollect also a discount if you recommended someone. Been many years.

Do Not go during French School Holidays. Google search the dates.
ski holidays
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
@skimachine, NJ Based here and going in March '24. If you remember, look me up for a recent review.
snow conditions
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Ski the Net with snowHeads
@skimachine, late January through the first week in February avoids peak European holidays.

Often difficult to find an area that meets the needs of novices through to experts. I think Les Arcs might be the best fit overall.

Tignes another possible but I think tougher for the novices and any early intermediates in your group.
ski holidays
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
I probably should have mentioned this would be 4 adults.
ski holidays
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
I should add I am partial to high altitude mountains in hopes of being almost guaranteed snow.
snow conditions
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
One thing to consider is that most club meds are quite family oriented, so there will be quite a lot of kids around. Though there are some exceptions.

We have stayed in Les Arcs Panorama and Tignes, and really enjoyed our stays, though would probably stay elsewhere if it wasn't for our son. These resorts are rather large and can feel quite crowded, though maybe better outside of peak season.

That being said they are both excellently located, offer decent food and facilities. And the views out of the Les Arcs Panorama restaurant are spectacular. Also having ESF instructors come right to the hotel is quite handy. For yourself as the expert, the instructors are more like guides taking your group to the best spots around the resort.

There is a more adult focused Club Med in Val Thorens, which may suit your group very well, as it is high elevation, and the ski resort caters well to all levels of skiers. Also its part of the worlds largest linked ski resort. May not be the pretest village but certainly great for skiing, and at an elevation of 2300m, very snow sure.

Another possibility might be the Club Med in Val D'Isere if you wanted a more picturesque village, and its a smaller more upmarket club med. Also a high elevation snow sure resort with 2 glaciers.

In terms of timing, any time between Jan 4th to Feb 8th and after Mar 8th should be good. 2nd or 3rd week of March is probably a good time to go - still have excellent snow conditions and longer days.
snow report
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
I think the la Rosiere Club med might be the best for your beginners and novice skiers and is reasonable for intermediates upwards if you ski over to Italy as well as the local slopes. Tignes Val Claret and Arc Panorama good for intermediates and experts. All of these are recently built.

NB I have been on club med holidays but only in summer. However I have skied past the above hotels and so know their location for skiing.
ski holidays
 Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
Thank you everyone for all the feedback. I have been to Val D'Isere, not club med, and besides wanting to try some place new I wasn't a big fan. What I like about Club Med for me is the guide and for others the instruction. I am not a fan of having to chase down a guide everyday and possibly get stuck in the wrong group. I am certainly not set on any place at this time, but what do you think about St. Moritz or Val Thorens?
snow report
Out of those two I think VT would suit your group better. Whilst I have not visited either of those Club meds, I have researched both when planning my own trips. The St Moritz Club Med is quite dated now, isn't Ski-in/Ski-out and it is a bit of a walk to the nearest gondola. Also there appears to be no nursery area in the near vicinity.

Whereas the VT CM is quite new, Ski-in/Ski Out, close to nursery areas and sits at the top of an easy blue run.

It is right at the top of the Cairn lift/slope here:
https://www.calameo.com/read/0057989619bb296b1ad9a?page=1

Would be interested to hear why you didn't like Val D'Isere that much.
snow conditions
It would be 4 adults on my trip, no children, and maybe more adults.

Great info about St Moritz. The princess in my group certainly wouldn't go for that or a run down hotel.

I am certainly open to suggestions as to other Club Med locations. I was concerned about lunch with CM as someone told me the instructor brings you back to the hotel for a 2 hour lunch. That would be fine for the two women and maybe the other guy, but I would lose my mind and go skiing on my own. Two buddies told me experts eat on the mountain although it may still be a two hour affair. Since everyone in the expert groups were against such a long lunch they convinced their guide to cut that back.

My Val D'Isere group of 6 had a guide or sometimes two guides (Not club med) for a whole week of off-piste skiing, but the ski area didn't have that many trails and that was a problem when the snow wasn't that great. I also really didn't like the last run of the day at closing. All the trails funneled into one or two trails. Too many people of different abilities on those trails and they were really icy. As a result lots of people were injured on their last run, luckily nobody in my group.
ski holidays
@skimachine, noting that you are a ski machine it would be remiss not to suggest Verbier, the best spot in the Alps for expert skiers in search of freeride terrain. One of the Powder Extreme level 4 powder camps may suit you for guiding (and coaching if you want it)
https://www.powder-extreme.com/camps

And their sister ski school, Performance, has excellent English speaking instructors who can look after the less ambitious members of your group.

The W hotel regularly gets voted the best ski hotel in the world and may suit your needs
https://www.marriott.com/en-us/hotels/gvawh-w-verbier/overview/?scid=f2ae0541-1279-4f24-b197-a979c79310b0
ski holidays
save your money
ski holidays
@skimachine, CM Peissey-Vallandry would definitely suit you and your group

Yes - The groups always come back to a Club Med for lunch UNLESS something different is arranged with the instructor. From CM PV you can also lunch at CM La Plagne 2100, CM Les Arcs Panorama or CM Arcs Extreme (when pre-arranged). An alternative is NOT to stop for lunch but come back to the CM circa 2:30 - After which you can do what you want. Smile
snow conditions

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy