Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Aldi ski wear starts Nov 12

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
This year's offering available from the 12th https://www.aldi.co.uk/c/specialbuys/dates/2023-11-12
snow conditions
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
As usual, lots of ladies and kidswear, but a bit short on menswear.

Their stuff is pretty good value for money. Bought lots of base layers and sock in the past.
I got one of their jackets and matching salopettes couple of years ago. Only criticism is pockets are a bit shallow, and could do with a couple more, but warm enough.

I can't help thinking they are missing out on a lot of sales though. I'm not exactly on the large size, but most of their largest sizes barely fit me. They ought to do at least 2-3 sizes larger in mens to capitalise on the market.
latest report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Thanks for the heads up, might treat the non skiing Mrs Vipa to some merino!
ski holidays
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
I went to my local Aldi this morning and bought a long sleeved merino roll neck top base layer for £24.99, and a pair of 3M thinsulate ski gloves for £5.99. Good value!

snow report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
FYI, the Aldi website states that the merino leggings are 100% wool, the package is labelled as 50%.
snow report
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
I got some merino leggings yesterday - sold out of tops.

I think mix of wool/polyester is regarded as best for function/durability but website should not be stating incorrect information for sure.
snow conditions
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Lidl's stuff is in from this Sunday too apparently - although whether much makes it to S London I doubt it!
snow report
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
Such a shame they're not available online this year. The photos are entertaining as always Cool
snow report
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
Just kitted my kids (1 boy and 1 girl) out in all their gear from Aldi - jackets, trousers, fleeces and base layers. The stuff for the kids seems to be really good especially the base layer set. Great price as well for gear that only needs to last for one week this year and hopefully the same again next year.
Next to no stock available in my local store (Ruisip) - we got the last of each size available for them - 1 set each -even though we were the 1st people there on Sunday morning as soon as store opened!
ski holidays
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Ski the Net with snowHeads
always29 wrote:
Lidl's stuff is in from this Sunday too apparently - although whether much makes it to S London I doubt it!

I went into my local Lidl today and bought a new ski jacket. Feels quite warm and whilst obviously not the highest tech it's claimed to be waterproof to 3000mm hydrostatic head. Normal price was £24.99 but if like me you've got the Lidl Plus app there's a further 25% discount, so only cost me £18.74. At that price I don't think I can go wrong, I'll take it with me as an additional jacket on my next ski trip in 2 weeks time to try it out, if it doesn't prove good enough on the slopes I can always use it as a normal winter jacket. Very Happy
ski holidays

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy