Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Just got back from Chile and Argentina

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
I was in Santiago from July 29th to August 8th and in Bariloche from August 8th to 14th.

What a terrible season! Very high temperatures.

Of the 3 big resorts in Santiago - Colorado, La Parva and Valle Nevado - only Valle was saved, given its very high elevation (3000m >) and its terrain less facing the sun. On the 30th we skied at 13ºC on the mountain...

In Bariloche we only had one day with some powder (10cm), and the rest of the days there was a lot of rain and temperatures between 4 and 9 ºC. Wind closure was also a problem.

That's it. Global warming is here to stay. They said it was the hottest winter in history in Santiago. I don't doubt it. In the city it was 25 ºC for about a couple of days and we went for a walk in shorts and T-shirts.
snow report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Gutting

All about timing

Things are picking up as I type

In my experience, 14 Aug - 14 Sep is a more consistent window
snow conditions
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
I aint got guts for heat waves, but this one was the worst in history - https://www.washingtonpost.com/weather/2023/08/02/southamerica-record-winter-heat-argentina-chile/
ski holidays
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
@landi, yeah, that's my experience of Chile this year, everything is too warm, because of climate change, El Niño or both I will let others argue. This is my last trip here due to expense and not wanting to contribute to GW and I love SA skiing.

@Mike Pow, The storm front looks good, but the freezing levels are way higher than in previous years.
snow report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
I got 2 days of rain in Cerro Catedral (Bariloche)

It rained all day at base level and on the middle level. Can you believe that? Only when we reached peak (Nubes and Punta Nevado) did it start snowing.

I got soaked. Ive never snowboarded like that. Freaking rain in mid-winter? Its supposed to be cold AF.

I feel kinda tricked cause I double checked stuff on snow-forecast and all

That was my 3rd season in Bariloche and Im done, even though its the largest resort in LATAM

Valle Nevado I might give another chance. PROS OF VALLE: empty on weekdays, no wind at all, snow piste resilience CONS: $$$$, no freaking snow falling from sky, TBARs everywhere (no chair lifts)
ski holidays
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
landi wrote:
I was in Santiago from July 29th to August 8th and in Bariloche from August 8th to 14th.

What a terrible season! Very high temperatures.

Of the 3 big resorts in Santiago - Colorado, La Parva and Valle Nevado - only Valle was saved, given its very high elevation (3000m >) and its terrain less facing the sun. On the 30th we skied at 13ºC on the mountain...

In Bariloche we only had one day with some powder (10cm), and the rest of the days there was a lot of rain and temperatures between 4 and 9 ºC. Wind closure was also a problem.

That's it. Global warming is here to stay. They said it was the hottest winter in history in Santiago. I don't doubt it. In the city it was 25 ºC for about a couple of days and we went for a walk in shorts and T-shirts.
Many thanks for sharing - v useful.
ski holidays
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Absolutely chucking it down in Portillo

Santa Rosa kicking in

Portillo calling it The Storm of the Decade

70cm already, 2.5m on the way

https://www.instagram.com/p/CwJBXifq-4E/
snow report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy