Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

on the piste ?

Poster: A snowHead
unfortunately not getting this as of yet stab, are you seeding right now?
ski holidays
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
dog fart, I don't suppose you'd be in the Belmont area of Surrey by any chance?
latest report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Cant say i know where Belmont is so i guess not !
snow report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
Cant say i know where Belmont is so i guess not !
ski holidays
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
dog fart, doh, I thought I'd been very clever in thinking that you were a friend of mine based on the facts that you live in Surrey, want a copy of 'On the Piste' and your 'destinctive' user name. Never mind Smile
snow report
 You'll need to Register first of course.
dog fart wrote:

yep seeding but not transfering, are you firewalled or going through a router?
latest report
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
seeing as not everyone gets the torrent going I'll try and upload the whole movie to megaupload tomorrow for direct download.In theory the torrent route was perfect but something isnt quite right with it Puzzled
snow conditions
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
stab wrote:
dog fart wrote:

yep seeding but not transfering, are you firewalled or going through a router?

haha way too technical!

The megaupload thing should prove to be fruitful though Madeye-Smiley
snow report
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
nicky_h, You know someone else who goes by the name dog fart then?!
snow conditions
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
dog fart, Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy ... just a name that they would be likely to choose. There appears to be more than one of you! Very Happy Very Happy
ski holidays
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
hahaha Cool
latest report
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
Hi, I'm having a problem downloading it too. There doesn't seem to be anyone seeding it.

Can anyone help? Madeye-Smiley
snow conditions
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
Hi there, Found the link to the Youtube link from another forum.....brought back all my early memories of learning to ski.
Went to Formigal, Spain through a deal with the Sunday People for £109 all in !! Gosh..Those were the days.

If its not too late, could someone please send me a copy....will pay any costs, of course.
snow report
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
Any chance of a copy of "on the Piste" please.

Can arrange renumeration.
snow conditions
 Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
Hello I am downloading the torrent for this and have 94.5% if someone could seed... I can seed for anyone else thanx
snow report
please seed!!!! ive got nearly all of it now
ski holidays
scapula, I would like to seed, I think, ..... not sure I know how, but my friend says he'll help when I get the file name??
latest report
ickabodblue you need to make a torrent.. stab has made one and I am currently downloading it you also need the file (the mp4) I will seed at full bandwidth maybe you should
talk to stab who nicely made the torrent available ..hope this makes sense
scapula
latest report
the file name I am downloading is .. onthepiste.mp4 ..if that helps
scapula
snow report
horsesforcourses, scarlets, As with the others, if you PM me your details, I can burn you a copy to DVD.
snow conditions
stab, you have another pm
latest report
alex_heney wrote:
horsesforcourses, scarlets, As with the others, if you PM me your details, I can burn you a copy to DVD.

Alex, thank you for the DVD sent to my other half (Richard_Sideways) last week - had a damn good giggle last night! Did we (or rather my parents!) really look like that on the piste in the 80's?!!
latest report
crazy_skier_jules or anybody else........... Do any of you still have copies of this on DVD or any other media ? I'll try to get it converted to a web-friendly format so that we can share this with a wider audience.
latest report
RichardBishop, You could try reading the thread Smile

I can provide a copy on DVD, or stab has been trying the torrent route, and was talking about uploading it to megaupload.
ski holidays
RichardBishop, I am sure the other Richard mentioned above might be able to fathom something, him being the tecchy one of the two of us - we use mininova a lot so it must work?? Puzzled I will nag him Little Angel
ski holidays
I've abandonded my stab username, sorry I missed the pms. I'll sort out links for the pms I have tomorrow and seed. Megaupload etc was a pain in the ass and never uploaded, ever. I need to split the 700mb into chunks but can't be assed with that.
ski holidays
It's been DLd four times from me while I've been seeding so summats working.
ski holidays
*Off-topic, sorry*

Jonny luv plums, you've abandoned stab for that? Shocked In which particular parallel universe did that seem like a good idea?
snow conditions
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
alex_heney,

Hi Alex,

Just seen the Youtube 5 minute bit off this absolutley hilarious. Sue takes you back to the beginner days. Did you ever manage to get this uploaded anywhere? If not can you still supply a copy on DVD?

Thanks

Phil
snow conditions
philcox, I can happily supply a copy on DVD.

I was never trying to upload it, I was leaving that to others.

Just PM me your details to post it to.
snow report
Hi Alex,

Thanks - you should have received a PM from me by now.

Phil Smile
ski holidays
I'm having trouble restarting the torrent (changed hard drives) but anyone who pm'ed me should get the link soon.
latest report
I know this is an old thread, but wondered if anyone had managed to get a copy of the whole documentary, or might know where I could get one?
Thanks!
snow report
alex_heney,
Hi I've just joined this site. Going to Avoriaz in Jan. Cant believe this thread about on the piste, the funniest thing ever put to film. Any chance you could send me a copy. I'll pay of course .. this hidden gem has to be shared! Really grateful for any reply.

John.
snow report
beardojk, Again, just PM your postal details to me, and I will be happy to send you a copy.
snow conditions
ksmeakin wrote:
Thanks but i was meaning the one with Kevin in it and the 2 trips, one in Wengen and the other in Austria.

Keith
crazy_skier_jules, Hi, I noticed that you have a DVD of "on the piste" and wondered if i could get a copy of it from you. Me and the wife would be very grateful, I've been looking for it for ages.
snow report
Babi, Welcome to Snowheads Smile

I don't think crazy_skier_jules has posted in this thread for well over two years!

I've been sending copies out recently to people who are still asking. PM me your postal details if you want a copy.
ski holidays
alex_heney, Thanks very much that would be fantastic. Is there a secure way to give you my details or should I just put it on here?
latest report
Babi,

"PM Me" in my previous post meant "Send me a Private Message". This is avilable from the send/read messages link under the Snowheads logo at the top of the page.

Sorry, some of us sometimes forget that not everybody knows the shorthand Embarassed
snow report
if anyone wants it I'm uploading a super compressed iphone version of on the piste, around 200mb. havent checked the quality yet.
snow report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy