Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
durr, I forgot...
Or Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

FS: New/Learner Driver Perfect Car

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
OK, having seen it I realised that this is a perfect learner driver or new driver car, basically anyone who needs dirt cheap insurance and a reliable car.

The big thing is that this car is cheap, £1,000 cash, and it has done no mileage, 9,500 miles from new and has been garaged every day of the last 20 years.

So, the technical details:

1997 Suzuki Swift GL
1.0 Petrol, perfectly gutless for a learner Smile
1 owner from new
9,500 miles from new
Has a bit of MOT left, is working perfectly with very little to go wrong anyway
Serviced annually by enthusiast (honestly no idea why, it isn't like oil goes off and he was doing 500 miles a year)

To clarify, this car is like walking into a Suzuki dealer in 1997. Zero rust. Everything works exactly how it should. You might want to put some new windscreen wipers on it, that is it.

I suspect that if a parent wanted to take out classic car insurance there are providers that will cover younger drivers because it is more than 20 years old. They don't accrue no claims on these policies, but since they are available for £100 a year including breakdown cover, presumably a bit more with a younger driver on there, it might be worth considering.

Price is entirely negotiable within reason if you have a deserving kid who desperately needs a car and hasn't got any money in the world.

I'm only advertising it because it seemed ideal for many Snowhead kids and grandkids that could do with a car like this, and because it is such low mileage it is almost unbelievable to me. I'd quite happily buy it and take it on some banger rally to Mongolia or something, but it is way too good for that.

Pics:

snow report     
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Sounds like a bargain but flippin eck, that’s ugly. Amazing how far Suzuki have come over the years; hats off to them.
snow conditions     
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
@ALQ, it does look truly fugly to me, but then when we were kids we all wanted a vauxhall nova so there must be a market for this little frog!

Still trying to resist the urge to sign up for the Plymouth Dakar rally...
ski holidays     
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
@Digger the dinosaur, Fit a turbo and an a/c, you’re good to go! Just do it Toofy Grin
latest report     
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
wow - 500 miles a year. THAT is low mileage
What is the story?
Not quite ready for this (our boy is 15) but agree it's perfect.
ski holidays     
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
@jedster, a friend's grandfather owned it, was driving until last year sometime, but lived in a village with everything he could have needed on his doorstep and his kids round the corner for any longer trips.

Literally kept in the garage, serviced and taken to the MOT station every year, driven a few miles to a garden centre or tea room very occasionally. It is still in the garage now waiting for a new owner, but the house will be sold/rented soon enough so needs to be moved on and nobody in the family is interested.

I genuinely think this is almost a museum piece. It would actually be a shame to put 10,000 miles a year on it and stop it being what it is, but nobody seems to view the Suzuki Swift as a future classic Very Happy
snow report     
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Insurers are wise to that trick - Normally people added to a classic policy will need to be 21 or often 25. The car normally would have to be kept off road, as a second car, and be on a very limited mileage policy, normally sub-5000 per year. Also you may have issues finding someone who'll actually agree that an old Suzi actually is a 'classic'. I've got a 91' Nissan Pulsar and there are plenty of insurers who won't offer a classic policy for me on it.

The other thing to remember is that a car like this is going to be really vulnerable in accidents and predates NCAP ratings. They'll be no airbags, very little side impact protection, cabin intrusion protection etc. There is probably nigh on 100kg difference in weight between a car like this and a modern equivilent, and a lot of that will be structural steel. Case in point, my motor is about 150kg+ lighter than a modern Golf. If something modern hits it, it's going to come off worse.
latest report     
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
@Digger the dinosaur, if it hasn’t already been done I would contact one of the Suzuki Owners clubs, as they are likely to offer more money than a casual sale. For example http://www.suzuki-forums.com/suzuki-swift-geo-metro-forum/
snow conditions     

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy