Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
durr, I forgot...
Or Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

FS: EX-DEMO 18/19 SCOTT SKIS C/W BINDINGS

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
Scott UK run a demo fleet which they're now thinning down now that the trade demo sessions are over.

snowHeads members have been given a two week head start before the following list is issued to their other UK retailers. There is only one pair of skis available in each model/length so it's strictly on a first come first served basis. The skis come mounted with the make/model of binding indicated.

All of the skis are the latest 18/19 version/topsheet design apart from the Superguide 95's in 178cm & 184cm which are 17/18 skis. At worst some of the skis have been used for a few days and some have probably only had a couple of hours use. The majority of them are the skis that I took out to the recent EoSB ski tests. The skis are currently in Scott UK's store so I can't check the condition of each ski but all of the ones I had showed only marks consistent with the light use they've had - however you will essentially be buying 'blind'. I can of course service any of the skis &/or install Quiver Killer inserts but it will be at an additional cost. Payment is required in full with your order.

The prices are based upon collection from my Nottingham shop or I can deliver them to the snowHeads skis test at Hemel/Mchr in October. UPS shipping within the UK (excludes Highlands, Islands & remote areas) would be 25.00 if required.

If someone wants just the ski and not the binding then contact me as I'm sure we can work something out. I can also supply new factory pre-cut skins were applicable.

The Warden 13 MNC (4-13 din) binding is a superb binding as not only is it super strong/stiff but it also accepts any boot sole type (ie alpine, WTR, GripWalk & full AT) plus you can also adjust the fore/aft mounting position on the ski and the upper toe/heel units can be slid off the ski for reduced bulk during transportation. For those interested in the Superguides I'll need to check the length of the Marker Tour bindings (ie whether they're the small or large size etc).

And the snowHeads website will receive a little tickle from each pair sold.

Here's a link to the actual list if like me your eyes are struggling reading the above: http://snowmediazone.com/the_zone/showphoto.php/photo/39955/title/scan0001/cat/500 and click on 'view larger image'.

Last edited by Poster: A snowHead on Wed 16-05-18 13:50; edited 6 times in total
ski holidays     
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
@spyderjon, you are a bad, bad man Twisted Evil
latest report     
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
anything suitable for a 18 year old daughter who skis 99% on piste??
snow report     
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
kitenski wrote:
anything suitable for a 18 year old daughter who skis 99% on piste??

Height & weight?
latest report     
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
@kitenski, my personal opinion is that if she spends all of her time on piste, all of these skis would be considered 'sub-optimal'.

However, if she was looking to turn that 99% into more like 80-85%, then she could do a lot worse than The Ski W - which is a rather excellent 'all-mountain' ski. With a warden binding on, that price is a bargain.
snow report     
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
Hmmm I need to read up on scott models but 178cm 70kg skier looking for an all mountain ski about 100mm waist that is looking to have a go at some touring. Off piste exploring but ideally something that isnt terrible on the occasional icy piste.
ski holidays     
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
@Fontmoss, Superguide 95, probably 178cm. Touring binding, lightweight, actually quite a stiff ski and absolutely fine on an icy piste.
ski holidays     
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
Bump
snow conditions     
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
Is the Scrapper 105 the same as the Punisher?

Context: Id love a 189 Superguide for light-ish touring if it existed. Judging from Scotts website, the Scrapper is quite light for its size so might be suitable but the Punisher is not. I have skied the 184 Superguide which was nice but I wanted the extra length as it were
snow conditions     
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Ski the Net with snowHeads
Arno wrote:
Is the Scrapper 105 the same as the Punisher?

Context: Id love a 189 Superguide for light-ish touring if it existed. Judging from Scotts website, the Scrapper is quite light for its size so might be suitable but the Punisher is not. I have skied the 184 Superguide which was nice but I wanted the extra length as it were

No, the Scrapper is different to the Punisher.

For 17/18 Scotts freeski line-up was the Scrapper in 123 & 115 widths and the Punisher in 105 and 95 widths. The Punisher was a heavier construction to the Scrapper and had more tail rocker.

For 18/19 the Punisher has been dropped and the Scrapper shape/camber/rocker/construction has been used to replace the 105 and 95 width skis. As you say it's a light construction (the 184cm Scrapper 95 in only 1580g) being only a whisker heavier than the Superguide. Scott also now a factory skin (which is the excellent Colltex camlock Whizz skin) for the Scappers which although being a DIY cut for width it has the Scott tip bail that fits in to the slots in the ski tip. Unfortunately the longest length for the Scrapper 95 and the Superguide 95 is 184cm so to get the 189cm length you'd have to go either the 105mm, 115mm or 124mm width Scrapper.
ski holidays     
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
Cheers - very helpful
The 105/189 is actually what I could be tempted by. On the other hand, I have too many skis. Will consider...
snow report     
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
The Scrapper 105 in 189cm is only 1780g per ski which is PDG for a ski of that size with a list price of 525 so the above ex-demo ski c/w Wardens is a steal Toofy Grin
ski holidays     
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
Bump. The remaining demo skis will be offered to the trade this week and will be snapped up for sure so this is the last chance to great to grab a bargain.
ski holidays     
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
All now sold. Scotts remaining demo skis will be available for purchase following the snowheads October Tests on the 6th & 7th October and snowHeads will again get first dibs on those.
latest report     

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy