Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
durr, I forgot...
Or Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Wanted: Mens XL ski jacket (long)

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
I'm having trouble finding a jacket that fits me as I'm 6'3" with a long back & long arms so if any of you have anything lying around that is long-fitting & no longer needed then please let me know. A 'large' just about does on width but I usually end up having to buy xl for the length. Soft or hardshell considered with a preference for orange or green. No blue or black please.

Last edited by Poster: A snowHead on Wed 13-12-17 9:35; edited 1 time in total
snow report     
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Since you are in east lothian you could pop into rose st in Edinburgh and visit Tiso and Nevisport.

Also depends on budget but Nevisport have some things on sale. Okay this one is blue but it has green sleeves. XL and cheap

https://www.nevisport.com/trespass-mens-donovan-ski-jacket

Orange and XL
https://www.tiso.com/blue-colu-1132074/columbia-m-peyto-pitch-jacket-orange-blue-colu-1132074

and any Norrona Lofoten jacket but it is pricey.
ski holidays     
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Thanks. I'm working in the city centre tomorrow morning so I'll try Blues then. I notice that Nevis have that Columbia jacket for £30 less.....
snow conditions     
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
Try on the Montane ones, I have the same issue as you and have always had good luck with them and Rab, not as pricey as the Norrona stuff.
snow report     
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
@GlasgowCyclops, Tried the one at Blues/Tiso today & it was obviously made for a short, very fat man with stumpy arms so still looking.......
snow conditions     
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
@McKenzie, i'm a bit taller than you. my other ski jacket is an oakley shipyard xl. it's really, really long. might be a bit newschool for some but i really like it.
ski holidays     
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
I have a Columbia jacket for sale on this forum for £25 plus post???

http://snowheads.com/ski-forum/viewtopic.php?p=3140048&highlight=columbia+ski+jacket#3140048

Columbia seem to be very generous with their fit, maybe just what you need?
latest report     
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
I can't sell you anything but I am just going to offer advice on account of being 6'7"

I find that Oakley jackets tend to have a long fit. I have an Oakley Stillwell jacket and it's verging on being too big, which isn't something which I get a lot.
ski holidays     
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
It seems that I need to be looking at Oakley jackets or some of the Scandinavian manufacturers then.
ski holidays     
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Ski the Net with snowHeads
@snowornever, Thanks, but not keen on black.
ski holidays     
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
McKenzie wrote:
@snowornever, Thanks, but not keen on black.

Its more of a dark blue than black, with contrast around the zips etc
snow conditions     
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
dp wrote:
I can't sell you anything but I am just going to offer advice on account of being 6'7"

I find that Oakley jackets tend to have a long fit. I have an Oakley Stillwell jacket and it's verging on being too big, which isn't something which I get a lot.

I’m 6”5 and tend to buy snowboard jackets as they are longer.
snow report     

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy