Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Andorra weather

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
Hello . I am taking my first trip to andorra . It ticks all the boxes, cheap, good snow , plenty to ski etc.. I only have one little doubt , as i look at a lot of images it often seems over cast with cloud cover . Can anyone comment on the typical andorra weather ie , amount of sunshine . I know nothing is guaranteed, but just wondered if that is typical for that region . Does Any one have personal experiences to share
Thanks all ,,, and hope you all have a great 2017 / 2018 season
Stevo
latest report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Well.... I've been to Andorra once and it was cloudy all wk, which meant lots of fresh snow. Very Happy

If you get lots of clear skies then you don't get much fresh snow. Sad

You're up a mountain so the weather is unpredictable and can change quickly, and is also a bit dependant on when you go - late March weather will be sunnier than January (mostly).

Sorry, not much help! I'm not trying to be funny/sarcastic, even though it sounds like it. Hopefully someone who knows Andorra better than me will be along any minute!
ski holidays
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
I went once in March and it was a fantastic mix of snow & sunshine.
latest report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
No you don't sound sarcastic, i am glad of the reply . I will visit on the 23rd feb into march.. in some ways its a bit of a daft question , I guess in the alps i know roughly what to expect , but as i am sure we all agree the sun is like the cherry on the cake .
My doubt came from watching you tube clips and noticed a lot of dull days . Although I ask myself is there ever truly a dull day on goods snow the quality of snow is what really counts . yhanks For the feed back .
snow report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Cheers tom doc and musher...
I guess i was kinda looking for an answer like .
" well the weather in andorra is like, #×+@, because of , A + B wich makes the climate ,C " ( atlantic ocean , southern temperature etc ) .
But when all is said and done its all booked now , so it will be what it will be . Deep down I know the weather could do anything . I just being silly really .

Thanks guys
snow conditions
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
@Stevoski, statistically, Jan, Feb and March are the driest months in Andorra, typically 25-30mm precipitation per month.
I've only been twice, both in mid Feb. Once mostly cloudy and snowy days, fairly cold. The other time sunny and warm, literally skiing in T shirts. Both times snow cover pretty good. Last season the Pyrenees had plenty of snowfall and better conditions than many parts of the Alps.
Any specific week is a lottery but you'd be very unlucky not to get decent snow late Feb. For you, ideally a big dump around 21 Feb, then sunny all week, with a light overnight top up 26th! snowHead
ski holidays
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
The weather in the Pyrenees is generally lovely; much sunnier than the Alps. December and January are usually dry, whereas the main snowfalls come in February and March. Happily there are typically a couple of big dumps at the start of the season, which - supplemented by world-class snowmaking - allow the resorts to hang on until the second half. The end-of-Feb beginning-of-March period is when the regular snowfalls start (which is great, right?!) but it would be extremely unusual to have a full week of bad weather. Ideally you'll get a mix of sun and snowfall at that time of year, which is pretty much the best that anyone can ask for (except beginners, for whom unbroken sunshine would be the ideal weather).

As for a formula, Andorra sits right in the Goldilocks zone of the Pyrenees, between the resorts further east that hardly receive any snowfall (and hence have quite literally amongst the world's best snowmaking) but which are incredible for improving the winter tan, and the resorts to the west where the real snowfall happens. Grandvalira in particular has a habit of getting surprisingly large dumps in spite of what on paper looks like an imperfect location, and it then sits around in the sun afterwards looking all innocent, whilst other resorts look enviously across to it!
snow report
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
I've been to Soldeu in Grandvalira a few times and echo @Pyremaniac comments. The resort has a habit of getting large dumps, followed by glorious sunshine. I believe that Soldeu actually translates as 'sun-god'. We were there in Jan this year for a few days and had wall-to-wall sunshine for the whole time we were there. Beautiful!

Also just looked at some stats and between Jan-March17, Soldeu had 36 sun days - so an average of 12 days of sun a month, with an average of 6.5 hours of sun per sun day. Doesn't mean you're guaranteed sun but definitely no reasons to worry.
snow conditions
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
Hi
I went on my first ever ski holiday to arinsail in andora last March.
11th -18th.

Before we got there it had snowed and was snowing heavy in the village the night we arrived.
First day in the mountain and it was cold, overcast, and kept snowing all day.
For the rest of the week it was blue sky and sunshine, definitely t shirt weather and a barmy 15-17°c most days.

The week after they had a 30cm dump in the village.

Going back the last week in march this season, it's a bit late but that's all the holiday I have left for this year.
snow conditions
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Ski the Net with snowHeads
We did Easter there 2016 and it was clear apart from 1 day. The kids couldn't believe it was -10 while sledging in the evenings as not wearing a million layers.

We're back February half term and I learnt to ski there in the mid to late eighties.

I'd just go with the same plan for the worst hope for the best thing in any mountain environment.

Just a dusting but this still excites me Happy

https://webtv.feratel.com/webtv/?design=v3&pg=4033B76F-C12B-4015-A073-AC94EC85B52E&cam=15055&ts=1509876004
ski holidays
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
oldmike wrote:

Just a dusting but this still excites me Happy

https://webtv.feratel.com/webtv/?design=v3&pg=4033B76F-C12B-4015-A073-AC94EC85B52E&cam=15055&ts=1509876004

Hah! I'd just done a search for "soldeu webcam" as my "it's-monday,-it's-silly-optimistic-to-expect-any-white-stuff-on-the-ground-yet-but-I'll-look-anyway-as-it-was-cold-out-this-morning" lunch break time filler, and there we are!

Kind of irrelevant as we're not going until Feb half term, but nice to see...

Jess.
snow report
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
I went last year, it is generally pretty sunny (according to our guide). We had about 1.5 days overcast and the rest was pretty glorious, this was in Jan.

Apres is a lot more timid than you would get elsewhere and the mountains are a bit less challenging but it is great for a family holiday or beginner/intermediate holiday. Grandvalria is pretty expansive. The webcam you posted is at Pas de la Casa which is about as high as it gets but the middle bowl Grau Roig is the nicest and most interesting part to Ski.

You will have a great time I am sure.

Edit: It was actually this year. Jan 2017
ski holidays

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy