Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

When should I replace my gripwalk heels/toes ?

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
Hi guys.

I guess I've been walking too much off snow paths in the last years Toofy Grin
The heel in my boots got a crazy heel drag, take a look:

http://bestbeers.com.br/boot1.jpg
http://bestbeers.com.br/boot2.jpg

Should I replace it or it's not a big deal ? Just wondering if it can start damaging the plastic.

Last edited by Poster: A snowHead on Tue 8-02-22 17:18; edited 1 time in total
latest report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Pics not working.
snow report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
I'd change them now
snow report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
spyderjon wrote:
Pics not working.

Weird... for me it shows.
Can you access via link ?
http://bestbeers.com.br/boot1.jpg
http://bestbeers.com.br/boot2.jpg
snow conditions
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
@AndreSilva, The pics showed fine for me when you first posted them

I would change the soles.
ski holidays
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
Now !
ski holidays
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Pics not working on OP for me.

But seeing them from the links in the 2nd post, I would get them replaced.
latest report
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
Yeah... I guess it's time, gonna change it asap!
ski holidays
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
The moment the wear touches the screw heads they should be changed. You'll not get a reliable binding release with wear like that.

Last edited by You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net. on Thu 10-02-22 11:21; edited 1 time in total
snow conditions
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Ski the Net with snowHeads
spyderjon wrote:
The moment the wear touches the screw heads they should be changed. You'll get a reliable binding release with wear like that.

That's what I thought... screw heads look bad already Confused
ski holidays
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
I have Alpina boots. Bit worried I'll not be able to find replacement heels/toes for mine. I do have the idea to 3d print replacements but not sure if that's sensible or not.
snow conditions
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
Those are mullered - what have you been doing? Running tarmac marathons? Or Northern Soul dancing with insufficent talc?
snow report
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
Dave of the Marmottes wrote:
Those are mullered - what have you been doing? Running tarmac marathons? Or Northern Soul dancing with insufficent talc?

That's what happens when a 100kg guy that doesn't like to wait for the bus and prefers to walk 10 minutes with the boots on the street Laughing
snow report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy