Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
durr, I forgot...
Or Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

WANTED - Small / Junior Telemark Equipment, Boots and Skis

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
My Son tried Telemarking last year (at the age of eight) and thinks its great! I now need some second hand gear so he can swap to Telemark in the afternoons (saving hiring and the back and forward trek to the shop!) Whilst he's young he's got big feet! So I need Mondo 25 - 25.5. Happy for Ladies boots. I need bindings and skis. Again I can buy separately or together. Skis in the 145cm range. They don't need to be awesome, just "do the job!" If you have anything suitable let me know!
latest report     
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
@Samjcb, I'd keep an eye on Ebay for some 75mm boots. Pair with a set of Vices or Hammerheads and you'll be good to go.
latest report     
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
I'm not sure vices or Hammerheads would be ideal for an 8-9yr old- just some plain 3 pin bindings or possibly a Cobra with blue cartridges or a Targa Elle with soft springs.

Where are you based? If UK then options very limited. Mind you options are limited in most places and even the Fentastick people in Bourg St Maurice struggle to find specific junior telemark gear - especially small boots.

I have some Garmont telesaurus boots in a 22 ish I think, also some 3 pin bindings- but I'm saving them for my 8 yr old.

Lady TX2's would I think also be a bit on the hard side for him- where on earth did you manage to hire telegear that small?

I do have a pair of Cobra bindings with blue springs if you are interested though- but they might need short (or ental) rods to fit small boots (I'll look to see if I have any).

How tall is he? Weight? Do you tele? Have you got a copy of Allen and mikes really cool telemark tips? If not get it.

Now if there was a junior telegear swap shop that would be fantastic.
ski holidays     
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
Have you seen the post for womens scarpa tele boots size 4 just down this page? Might do?? But might be too stiff!
snow report     
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
We're UK based but ski out of Montchavin across La Plagne and Les Arcs (5 or 6 weeks a year.) The Evolution 2 team in Montchavin are great and have Telemark gear from very little to large! I've sent them a message to see if they will sell me anything used! Whilst he's young (9 now) he's quite tall 150cms+ and has big feet UK6.5! Might be something to do with a 6'4, 100kg Dad!

Yes I TM! Badly!

I don't mind spending a bit on bindings because they can be with us forever. He's totally out grown his current skis so I can't "whack" the bindings on those. Which leaves me looking for something around 145 which we may get 2 seasons out of.

And a pair of ladies TM boots (75mm or NTN) : Madeye-Smiley
snow conditions     
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
@Samjcb, As it happens, noting @ed123, 's comments -- I do have a pair of Hammerheads looking for a home. Assuming your son is a heavy as he is tall and you use pivot position #1 they ought to suit. They will (as you say) last forever, so they will grow with him.
snow conditions     
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
I have a set of 7tm power bindings, if your interested. 75mm
ski holidays     
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
I have Scarpa T2 Eco Ladies in 25 / 299m sole and Asness V12 tele skis 170.

You can have the ski for free if you buy the boots £100 plus post.

T
snow report     

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy