Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
durr, I forgot...
Or Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

GoPro not for sale anymore

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
I tried to do a salesman talk to somebody who PM'd me about it and ended up selling it to myself Puzzled

sorry

Last edited by Poster: A snowHead on Tue 18-07-17 18:22; edited 1 time in total
ski holidays     
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Stick with it maybe we can crowdfund you to keep it - on condition that you keep it rolling and post up any comedy incidents of yourself
snow report     
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Yes but I'm fed up of looking like a teletubby and twatting it with the chairlift bar every time I get on or off

It's not just about the money!
snow report     
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
that is what the chest mount is for!
ski holidays     
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Valid point but the chest mount is a pain to take on and off all day
latest report     
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
U might as well embrace you're inner(or outer?) twat and go with a selfie-stick Wink

As DOTM says, you're the star baby - [mini]avalanches, falling in streams, collisions, the occasional non-fatal injury: that's the footage everyone wants to see! Toofy Grin
snow report     
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Sony 4k action cam? Found the quality rivals go pro and in light to dark a lot better. Plus it goggle mounted is no smacking on bar. That said, are you sure the smacking of the bar isn't just down to you general loftiness? ?!! Razz
latest report     
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
admin wrote:
U might as well embrace you're inner(or outer?) twat and go with a selfie-stick Wink

As DOTM says, you're the star baby - [mini]avalanches, falling in streams, collisions, the occasional non-fatal injury: that's the footage everyone wants to see! Toofy Grin

The mini avalanche and the stream were the same incident... now there's 5 minutes of GoPro footage that I'll forever wish I'd recorded (largely because I don't really remember much of it either).

One day I'll upload the footage of the bin in Chamonix. I tried to get a bit clever skiing sideways, caught an edge and skied straight into a bin, which slowly teetered on the edge and then fell over. And a french instructor came up to my friends and says, in a comedic French accent (think: the taunter in Monty Python) Your friend? He just knocked over a bin!. It is funny.
snow report     
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
PaulC1984 wrote:
Sony 4k action cam? Found the quality rivals go pro and in light to dark a lot better. Plus it goggle mounted is no smacking on bar. That said, are you sure the smacking of the bar isn't just down to you general loftiness? ?!! Razz

It's worse on the italian lifts... I think Italians must be shorter. There was one lift where we couldn't shut the bar because I sat on the end and it literally wouldn't go over my head (or if it had we'd have never got it back up again)

That Sony one does look really good but I'm loathed to spend any more money on something that I already almost sold because I don't use it. It's not JUST the issue of looking like a teletubby. It's also that I frequently just forget to charge it or turn it on, and that also, let's face it, when you watch your own videos back they never look half as gnarly as the line felt when you did it. Sad

Basically when I'm in the moment, in my head I am a skiing god then when I watch it back on GoPro I look more like a skiing dog.
ski holidays     
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Ski the Net with snowHeads
Im a GoPro telly tubby now but previously had a pair of Liquid Image HD goggles where the camera was built in. Slightly bulkier than standard goggles but gave a proper point of view angle and no need for something sticking out the top of your head!

I've got a couple edits on YouTube shot with the GoPro and with the Goggles (just search 'agl129'). The quality isn't quite at GoPro levels but the goggles are a fair few years old and newer versions are available now so it's probably improved slightly.

http://youtube.com/v/QblT5Kr49ro
snow report     
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
What I've basically decided is that I don't really want to take videos because they're not actually very exciting in the end.

What I want to do is set the camera onto a 1-photo-a-minute timelapse and just see what cool photos come out. I never take enough photos and I hope that if this thing is just clicking away all day it'll produce some nice images of it's own accord.
snow report     
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
dp wrote:
in my head I am a skiing god then when I watch it back on GoPro I look more like a skiing dog.
Maybe it's dyslexskier?
snow report     
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
@arronlaw Tidy little video. Another option instead of being a telly tubby is the rucksack clamp for clamping on to strap.

https://goworx.com/products/gopro-backpack-mount-peak-design-capture-pov
ski holidays     
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
admin wrote:
dp wrote:
in my head I am a skiing god then when I watch it back on GoPro I look more like a skiing dog.
Maybe it's dyslexskier?

snowHead

Eye sea watt ewe did their.
latest report     
 Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
@WASHOUT, thank you that's exactly what I wanted to do with my GoPro for the new plan. I still intend to do photos more than videos, but that rucksack clamp is perfect.

Although must remember to do it over the strap that doesn't have the airbag trigger running through it...
snow report     

Derived from phpBB © 2001, 2002 phpBB Group & 2004-2013 snowHeads.com Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy