Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
durr, I forgot...
Or Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Free your ride!

WANTED: 140-149cm Womens All Mountain Beginner

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
My girlfriend and I have just picked up skiing, we've done a week on snow in Lake Louise.
Now we're back we're looking to get into the sport a whole lot more and at a budget considering we haven't been doing it long enough to justify spending £££'s. So I keep showing her 2nd hand skis but they're "not the right colour".

If anyone has any 140-149cm All Mountain skis for a beginner female for a very reasonable price (£75-£150 or cheaper!). The state of the skis do not particularly matter as long as they have some ski days left.

The one thing that does matter to her is the colour. Which, would you believe is PINK. So if any of you have seen any or know of anyone that is selling any could you please either send them my way or tell me how I could contact them.

Thank you. Smile Smile
ski holidays     
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
@LukeF_Ski, Hi and welcome snowHead

Honestly, don't bother. Issues about the colour aside rolling eyes, unless you are in a position to be heading out every weekend there is little point in splashing out on a pair of skis that you will almost immediately grow out of. Wait until you have the skills to be able to distinguish between different pairs of skis – all are not created equal and there's a bit more to it than the colour of the topsheet – and then test, test, test before committing.

It will likely cost you more to service and transport a set of skis than to hire a suitable pair, and you can swap and upgrade until you are happy. Also, if you haven't already done so, buy your own boots first as this will make a bigger difference to your progress and comfort.
snow report     
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
@Scarlet, Thank you for your response.

Fortunately we would be in a position to do it a couple of times a week/ on the weekends, only on dry slopes/ indoor snow hills (but that still counts, right? Laughing ). I'm already looking for a holiday to Andorra or Chamonix with our friends (I'm looking at going where they've been before, so they know where to go etc).

I know its more than the colour of the top sheet! It's trying to tell her that! Laughing If that's what your suggestion is then she'll have to wait, thank you! Smile Smile
snow conditions     
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
Hi Luke, MrsHD bought some new skis last week and has some surplus now,

They are pink but may be a tad long, at 154cm, what height is your GF?

This is a stock image of what they look like.

snow conditions     
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Oh, and her bindings are currently set for a UK size 4 foot/boot but have a lot of movement in them.
snow conditions     
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
@homers double, Hey! Thanks for your reply.

She is 5'1" so they're going to be the same size as her, she has hated skis longer than 150cm. The bindings would be just the right size as well. Laughing

I will show her later and if she is interested I shall PM you?! Smile Smile
latest report     
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
No problem and just for a bit of advice, the shop reccomended MrsHD go up a size in ski to 158's. She's 5'6"&1/4 (as she always states).

Top sheets are in decent condition and they're waxed and edged regularly - was considering edging them this season but as she's had some new ones we didn't bother.
latest report     

Derived from phpBB © 2001, 2002 phpBB Group & 2004-2013 snowHeads.com Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy