Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
durr, I forgot...
Or Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Wanted Ladies Intermediate Skis - Tight Budget ... (for my 75 yr old Mum).

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
Hi Peeps,

My mum is coming out to spend time with us in L2A this winter.... she's 75 years old and has skied for much of her life. However she's on a really tight budget as she has very little income.... and I'm already helping financially (not that I can really afford to).

Does anyone have a pair of easy intermediate womens skis of between 155 and 165cm they could let me buy for not too much ?

The max she can spend is around £ 80.... otherwise she can't buy boots.

Thanks for any pointers !

Smile
ski holidays     
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
No idea. But wanted to write, good on your mum Smile
latest report     
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
@GR, there's a shop selling all sorts of ex-rental and second-hand skis over in Serre Chevalier. Usually in reasonably good nick too. Nothing similar near you? Or a local selling group?
snow report     
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
@GR, I have a pair of 158 Dynastar Exclusive 10 (94-67-108) with Look bindings. Not in the world's best condition but perfectly OK as a budget ski, and are a nice easy ski. You'd be very welcome to them for £30 + whatever it costs to get them to you. If it's of interest PM me with an email address and I'll take some pictures in the morning and send them to you.
snow report     
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Hey... thanks for the replies Smile

@sj1608 - Will do.... any idea what year they are ?

@ Hells Bells - We're not out there yet - we'll be there from early March to end April (on a working holiday). I imagine there is a shop like that in the Grenoble area.... however haven't found one yet. Kinda would like to get skis sorted beforehand if possible too.

@ Orange200 - Thanks (I'll pass it on) .... Exactly what I said... big up my mum ! Smile Be great to see her on the slopes again.... she hasn't skied for almost 20 yrs, but did a lot when we were kids cuz we lived in France, and it wasn't that far to the Alps.
snow report     
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
@GR, no idea at all what year, sorry. They're definitely not in the first flush of youth, though! I've just been picture Googling and can't find any with the same (rather pretty blue and turquoise) topsheet pattern at all.
latest report     
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
@GR, If you are driving then there is this place in Bourg d'Oisans:-

http://www.bleach-xtremsports.com/cote_glisse-vente_et_marques.html

Unlikely to beat the offer by @sj1608, and a bit last minute on your route, but if you email them they might send some photos for you, they do sell on leboncoin so might have all that sort of stuff ready. In fact if you search leboncoin for skis in Bourg d'Oisans they might come up.
snow conditions     
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
If she hasn't skied for 20 years, has she seen carving skis? New technique Wink
snow conditions     
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
My wife is looking to move on her previous skis, Head Lite Thang. Good condition. Not sure of size, will have to pop into loft when I get home!
ski holidays     

Derived from phpBB © 2001, 2002 phpBB Group & 2004-2013 snowHeads.com Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy