Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

St Anton - cant find any accomodation

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
We are looking for somewhere for a family holiday (all good skiers, no lessons involved) that is not our usual french mega resort. We like large resorts and went to St anton many years ago. We fancy going back especially now there is a new lift link to Lech. Problem is we cant seem to find any accomodation at a sensible price (less than £1800 for 4 people). We prefer catered chalets but I get the impressions these are less prevalent than in france and there seem to be more hotels. We are travelling in in 3 weeks time (28th Jan). any suggestions most welcome as I am meeting myself coming backwards on internet searches. we have a backup plan for the 3 valleys if we cant find something in St Anton. thanks in advance for your help
snow report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
In Austria you can get good b&b's (privat zimmer) for good prices. In St Anton you also have to look at places like Petneu for the better prices. Have you tried the tourist office (website)?
Like so
http://booking.stantonamarlberg.com/(X(1)A(iuQFm6IhXLieLKeKJaHqqAr0lfcSsMVBpTqzGXThDmAMBSoFjZjJ7rFAP-MXmy-U3TSd2FL9Lm_6BsFJHuImIB8PRh_xpez_HfF4Iry7U3LM5r0Z470yBy6zIhhj-JVE0V3sy5zDl9jKM04KFGEwDA2))/stanton/en/accommodation/searchresult?customHeader=true
snow report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
You won't get much in the way of catered chalets in Austria.

You should be able to find something for way less than £2k though. We're paying about £600 for four for half term week.
snow report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
If you're also prepared to go self catering there are lots of options in the likes of Petneu which would come in well within budget.
snow conditions
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
TheGeneralist wrote:
You won't get much in the way of catered chalets in Austria.

You should be able to find something for way less than £2k though. We're paying about £600 for four for half term week.

is that for catered or self catering ?thats way cheaper than you can get in france for half term week !
snow report
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
suggardaddy's advice ties up with my experience back in the early 90s, when I booked a room at Haus Lina and had a wonderful week. Now under different management, I think, but from the guest book comments it's still good. When Lina ran it, it did pay to be able to speak some German, though. But as some guest book comments now are in English, I suspect that language would not be a problem today.
snow report
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
achilles wrote:
suggardaddy's advice ties up with my experience back in the early 90s, when I booked a room at Haus Lina and had a wonderful week. Now under different management, I think, but from the guest book comments it's still good. When Lina ran it, it did pay to be able to speak some German, though. But as some guest book comments now are in English, I suspect that language would not be a problem today.

Prices showing as €80-90 per person per night. that gives us £2000 + with no food ? am I missing something ?
snow conditions
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
Have a look at www.tiscover.com and consider B and B or self catering. Use the money you save to eat out
snow report
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
thanks for help so far. looks like most stuff is a drive / busride away from the lifts which also means not near town for food. not impossible but not what we prefer. will have to re-align our thinking if we want st anton. ski in/out catered chalet does not look like an option !
ski holidays
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Ski the Net with snowHeads
Forget ski in ski out in Chalets in St Anton it doesn't really exist. As long as the accommodation is in St Anton / Nasserein nowhere is more than a 15 minute walk from the centre and ski buses are regular, reliable and free.

Alpine Elements still have a couple of catered Chalets available for that week at circa £750 Inc flights and transfers.

As mentioned above though I would email all the smaller pensions and hotels listed on the tourist office website. This is what we did trying to find accommodation for a long weekend (most places are week bookings). Managed to get a pension in nasserein for 3 nights next weekend at €52/p/n.
snow report
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
Quote:
is that for catered or self catering ?thats way cheaper than you can get in france for half term week !

Self catering indeed. You'd not get that price for catered in Austria.

We did a similar trip last year and it cost around £2,300 for the full week for 4. That's including taxi to airport; hotel at Munich airport; transfer; accommodation; all food and beer; ski lessons for the weans; souvenirs; lift passes etc. The only thing it didn't include was the annual ski insurance. Not bad to ski one of the best resorts in the worlds at half term.

If you've got £2k to spend on better accommodation then you should be able to find something much more easy/relaxing/convenient; but sadly we don't have that sort of cash.

As for going to France, eek rolling eyes
snow report
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
@TheGeneralist, thanks for the info. We can get catered chalet in three valleys for £1200 and we are tempted as its off the beaten track and away from the main resort but 150m from a lift that links into the main areas. We are going self catered at easter and self cater all our other family hols so fancy a break with someone else doing the work ! £2300 for 4 of you all in sounds fantastic given it was half term. I think we should maybe plan to go to st anton next year and go self catering and accept the shortcomings...shopping, cooking, drive / bus to lifts etc.
snow report
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
Try these Dutch companies. good value & more of an international clientale

www.wenschalet.nl
www.chalet.nl
snow report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy