Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Glenshee

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
My son and I will be in Pitlochry for a day over Christmas (with ski gear but no car) and fancy a day skiing / boarding at Glenshee. Any suggestions of how to get from one to t'other (and back at the end of the day)? Are lockers available to store non skiing kit?
snow report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
No public transport I'm afraid - you'd need to hire a car. The route from Pitlochry to Glenshee isn't particularly well frequented either so I wouldn't fancy your chances of hitching. No lockers, but since you have to drive...

Cairngorm is potentially doable by public transport from Pitlochry (train to Aviemore, then bus to the slopes), but you'd need to check timetables.
snow conditions
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Id be surprised if it's open at Christmas.
snow report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
Thanks for all the advice. In the light of that, we may change our plans.
snow conditions
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Glenshee is great but not likely to be open at Christmas I'm afraid, you never know though and it can change so fast. Plenty other stuff to do round about or head further north!
ski holidays
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
rednblack wrote:
My son and I will be in Pitlochry for a day over Christmas (with ski gear but no car) and fancy a day skiing / boarding at Glenshee. Any suggestions of how to get from one to t'other (and back at the end of the day)? Are lockers available to store non skiing kit?

Maybe ask on the Glenshee facebook page, might be someone driving from Pitlochry. Could well be snow over Christmas, impossible to say just now though.
ski holidays
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Sorry to rain on your parade, but I think that you would have to be VERY lucky to see Glenshee open by Christmas.
snow report
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
Well with forecast temperatures today in scotland of up to 17 deg C Shocked it doesn't look like the Scottish resorts will be having an early season start!
latest report
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
It was 12 Deg C in Edinburgh at 6.00 am this morning rolling eyes
snow report
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Ski the Net with snowHeads
@Alastair Pink, they've already started! (Well, sort of...and stopped again)
snow report
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
It went from -5 in my bit of Moray yesterday morning to +15 this morning. A 20 degree jump in 24hrs!!!
snow report
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
dode wrote:
It went from -5 in my bit of Moray yesterday morning to +15 this morning. A 20 degree jump in 24hrs!!!

I drove the A9 last Sunday. Went from -5 to +2 in about 15 minutes at one point!
ski holidays

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy