Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
durr, I forgot...
Or Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

FS DPS, Scott, PM Gear, Blizzard, Volk, Down

Poster: A snowHead
Hi I am listing for sale my DPS Wailer 112 RPC Pure 192 ( 15/16 Season) , used twice, small nick to top sheet, I was unable to use them last season due to an ankle injury - they replaced my DPS Wailer 112 RP Pure and in turn I am replacing these with a pair of DPS Wailer 112 RPC Pure Powderworks because I like this ski so much. They are Quiver Killered for a Beast 14 at a 330 BSL. I will attempt to find some 3rd party reviews for the ski and post them up. n.b. DESPITE the 112 name these are 115 under foot.

£700

I also have a pair of new , wrapped DPS Wailer 99 192 hybrid which I bought "in case" my existing 99 Pures ran out of puff! My favourite ever soft snow ski.

£300

Album : http://snowmediazone.com/the_zone/g1274-dps-rpc-99.html

£900 the set, London collection preferred!

Last edited by Poster: A snowHead on Sun 14-05-17 12:39; edited 1 time in total
snow report     
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
I don't need any more DPS skis, I don't need any more DPS skis, I don't need any more DPS skis, I don't need any more DPS skis, I don't need any more DPS skis, I don't need any more DPS skis....................must resist Smile
snow report     
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
PowderAdict wrote:
I don't need any more DPS skis, I don't need any more DPS skis, I don't need any more DPS skis, I don't need any more DPS skis, I don't need any more DPS skis, I don't need any more DPS skis....................must resist Smile

Does that work??? I had better try it as a mantra then!!! Very Happy
latest report     
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
Not noticeably no snowHead

Quiver is currently Special Edition 150 Spoons, 14/15 Wailer 112RP2, Powderworks Lotus 120, Powderworks Lotus 124, 16/17 Special Edition Wailer 112 RP2, all QK'd with a variety of Dynafit bindings
ski holidays     
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Very very tasty - and I thought I had a problem! We could start a support group ( other than these 2 my DPS exposure is 99 pure, 106 pure, 112 powder works rpc SE and lotus 138 hybrid...then there is the rest of the collection of motley stuff as well!
snow conditions     
 You'll need to Register first of course.
Hmm. Tempted by the 99s. Tried some Wailers at Octobertest last year as they had touring bindings fitted and was impressed but was ultimately won over by Volkl BMT 109s with Marker Kingpins which I ended up getting in 122 cos the deal was unbeatable and...could do with a narrower ski...192 might be a bit long...

No no no. Must resist the N+1 rule. snowHead
snow conditions     
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
mcspreader wrote:
Hmm. Tempted by the 99s. Tried some Wailers at Octobertest last year as they had touring bindings fitted and was impressed but was ultimately won over by Volkl BMT 109s with Marker Kingpins which I ended up getting in 122 cos the deal was unbeatable and...could do with a narrower ski...

No no no. Must resist the N+1 rule. snowHead

Well, I loved the BMT 109s but I need a little more out front in powder. I have also skied the BMT 94s which are great but nothing beats the 99 from those 2 for me for the pop and rebound of my 99 pure which is why it's a keeper. Some reviews do prefer the more damp feel of the hybrid over the pure in less consistent conditions as well.

Would it help your condition if you fondled them?? Very Happy
latest report     
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
I could do you a great deal with my Scott crusades as well ...
latest report     
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
Blimey I thought I had a quiver problem - I've just seen the stuff you are getting rid off. That's not to say I've not been tempted to chuck some cash at a pair of your Downs just as a pre season pick me up.
snow report     
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
@Dave of the Marmottes, I have it on (very) good authority that I should only offer my PM Gear Bros with Vists in "rock ski" delamming top sheet condition to powerful skier with the strength to subdue them such as yourself and as such I have been saving them until the DPS bait lured you in...
ski holidays     
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
Big Bros in the 192? Or the skinny minnies?

Yeah really shouldn't be even starting this conversation on a rock ski...slaps self a bit...
ski holidays     
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
the 192s obviously ! i ll scratch around for photos...
ski holidays     
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
here you go:

Album : http://snowmediazone.com/the_zone/g1275-pm-gear.html

Big fat Vist binding. A certain Nottingham based ski doctor knows these skis and tells me he thinks the delam is not the biggest deal and the bases and edges are bomber. £75 which is probably what you could get for the bindings .
snow report     
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
Do not need....do not need....do not need......

Lucky you didn't say £50 which is within range to try em for a weekend Embarassed
ski holidays     
 Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
Tough call - how about £50 & £25 to a services charity as its the season ?
ski holidays     
Damn you've almost reeled me - no thanks to Jon.

Any idea if the Vist will adjust down to 317 bsl?
snow conditions     
Damn you've almost reeled me - no thanks to Jon. Delam just on the tail? -mind you pic 15 looks pretty sketchy like a snowboard I once rode down to Vallorcine then had to get back up over the front side to get back.
-
Any idea if the Vist will adjust down to 317 bsl?
ski holidays     
Pic 15 is " false" or double from the iPhone moving about - I will take some more when I go check BSL. I m due to go up to the piste office soon so could take them and he can check. I've just realised I haven't mentioned the Volk Kuros yet which are drilled for a Marker Demo track.... Twisted Evil
latest report     
Pic 15 is " false" or double from the iPhone moving about - I will take some more when I go check BSL. I m due to go up to the piste office soon so could take them and he can check. I've just realised I haven't mentioned the Volk Kuros yet which are drilled for a Marker Demo track.... Twisted Evil
snow report     
Those DPS'. SO. MUCH. WANT.
snow report     
@Rishie, I 'm sure I heard them whispering your name last night....
ski holidays     
PowderAdict wrote:
Not noticeably no snowHead

Quiver is currently Special Edition 150 Spoons, 14/15 Wailer 112RP2, Powderworks Lotus 120, Powderworks Lotus 124, 16/17 Special Edition Wailer 112 RP2, all QK'd with a variety of Dynafit bindings

Bloody hell, I'd always though @Arno was the main DPS fanboi around here!
latest report     
@clarky999, i was into them before they were famous wink
ski holidays     
Arno wrote:
@clarky999, i was into them before they were famous wink

any chance you could give a quick view or why you did or didn't like the DPS skis you had-or a pointer to review?

Thx
snow report     
@mishmash, i've like them all in their own way:

Original Lotus 120s - fair to say they hadn't really dialled the manufacturing process with these so the topsheets were prone to chipping but great fun in soft snow

Wailer 105s - got these in 2010 and still using them as my lightweight touring ski. Wish theyd make this shape with the new pure construction but same flex, rocker etc because if they were just a little damper they'd be ideal for me

Original 112rp pures - still using these. I like these but think I prefer a slightly straighter ski

Just bought some Lotus 120 spoons. Hoping to get the right snow conditions to give them a good testing this winter. Hoping they can replace the 112s
ski holidays     
@Arno, The Lotus 120 Spoon is certainly more of a charging less turny ski than the Wailer, the pin tail and longer running edge both help with that. The Lotus 124 actually has a very small spoon tip, but the main difference is that it is a bit like a larger Wailer, but with less camber underfoot, and a more central mounting position.
latest report     
@mishmash, they probably are, the Fitzwilliams! Very Happy Just got a new old bike though so go to be slightly sensible.
snow conditions     
@mishmash, the wailer 99 still for sale? PM me
snow conditions     
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
Yes they are!

I m going to drop the price on the RPC's to £600 and consequently the whole package to £800.
latest report     
These all still for sale!
snow report     
bump
snow report     
bump for the pow!!
latest report     
Hey man, interested in the Wailer 99. Only thing is will 192 be too much ski for me - 6"1, 75kg Advanced but not expert skier. Can get down basically everything without much difficulty but not always fast or with perfect technique. What do you think?
snow report     
JohnArthur wrote:
Hey man, interested in the Wailer 99. Only thing is will 192 be too much ski for me - 6"1, 75kg Advanced but not expert skier. Can get down basically everything without much difficulty but not always fast or with perfect technique. What do you think?

They ski really short due to the rocker both ends & they're not overly stiff so you'd be fine with them.
ski holidays     
@mishmash, I am confused, what have you got the sale at the moment? 3 pairs of skis? I am interested in nice soft snow skis and going away to EOSB
snow report     
Kamikaze Pete wrote:
@mishmash, I am confused, what have you got the sale at the moment? 3 pairs of skis? I am interested in nice soft snow skis and going away to EOSB

I m pretty confused as well...

DPS Wailer 99 Hybrid 191 in the wrapper
DPS Wailer RPC Pure 192 (drilled for QK Beast 14 @ 330
Scott Crusade with Sth something bindings in 189
PM Gear Bros in 19x
Scott Missions 18(4?) with Fritschi Pro Freeride bindings
Volk Kuros Flat, drilled for Marker Demo
Blizzard Bonafide 189 drilled / with Pivots
Down 114s (189 long I think or close) QK for marker Lords

Not back till late Easter Sunday in SW London tho' - might be about tight!!
latest report     
@mishmash, Any chance of some prices to go with them please, even if I wont have them for the EoSB as fly out on Easter Saturday might be relevant to next seasons fun
snow report     
spyderjon wrote:
JohnArthur wrote:

They ski really short due to the rocker both ends & they're not overly stiff so you'd be fine with them.

I'm around that height but not that weight ("slightly" heavier). The Length does ski short - DPS used too publish the effective length (i.e. contact point to contact point behind the rocker) and I think it was c 170 cm. The Hybrid construction definitely deals with mixed snow better than Pure which can have a tendency to give a carbon resonance or ring depending on what binding / boot combo.
ski holidays     
Kamikaze Pete wrote:
@mishmash, Any chance of some prices to go with them please, even if I wont have them for the EoSB as fly out on Easter Saturday might be relevant to next seasons fun

Album : http://snowmediazone.com/the_zone/g1274-dps-rpc-99.html

RPC - £600
99s - £300

Both (the ultimate quiver ....£800)

Why am I selling ? I have already upgraded to both those in either the more expensive Pure 3 carbon construction or the Special Edition.

I ll price the others shortly.
snow conditions     
Scott Crusade with Sth something bindings in 189 £ 200
PM Gear Bros in 19x with Vist bindings* £ 75
Scott Missions 18(4?) with Fritschi Pro Freeride bindings £ 200
Volk Kuros Flat, drilled for Marker Demo £ 170
Blizzard Bonafide 189 drilled / with Pivots £ 250/330
Down 114s (189 long I think or close) QK for marker Lords £180

All prices available to chat ! Some of these I would be happy to keep, others I m very happy to sell!
ski holidays     

Derived from phpBB © 2001, 2002 phpBB Group & 2004-2013 snowHeads.com Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy