Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

ABS cylinders on airlines (numerical limit)

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
Hi all

I was told this one yesterday in a ski shop. Tiso in Glasgow.

When talking about Avalanche packs. The chap said..... one thing people are not aware of is..... there is a limit on the number of total air canisters a flight can have. So make sure you get your pack registered ASAP in case you book a flight and the cylinder number has been reached.

Never heard of this. is it nonsense?
snow report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
From the CAA website the limit is to be one per person:

https://www.caa.co.uk/Passengers/Before-you-fly/Baggage/Items-that-are-allowed-in-baggage/

Use drop down message 'gases'.

This is drawn from the ICAO (worldwide authority) but I cannot check that online as they want to charge me!

I have also checked the UK biggest carriers and they do not mention any limit. So may be an element of nonsense or over zealous officials. As you don't have to declare it - how would they find out anyway???

But I do know that Tiso has a well earned reputation in the outdoor industry so might be worth checking why they think this??
latest report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
chocksaway wrote:
From the CAA website the limit is to be one per person:

https://www.caa.co.uk/Passengers/Before-you-fly/Baggage/Items-that-are-allowed-in-baggage/

Use drop down message 'gases'.

This is drawn from the ICAO (worldwide authority) but I cannot check that online as they want to charge me!

I have also checked the UK biggest carriers and they do not mention any limit. So may be an element of nonsense or over zealous officials. As you don't have to declare it - how would they find out anyway???

But I do know that Tiso has a well earned reputation in the outdoor industry so might be worth checking why they think this??

Yep I know it is one per person. The point is that he said they don't publicise this but there is a limit of 5 canisters/flight. I'd never heard of this. We "were" discussing the BD jet force at the time, sp perhaps the BD rep told them this and they believed them. I can't see it on the BA website (for example). Just curious....
snow conditions
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
Mmmmm - if there was a limit then I think it would be included - as the CAA is the Authorised Authority in this case, and this is clearly the source document for most of the airlinewebsites - cut and paste is alive and well!

However, I see the jetforce is powered by a lithium-ion battery - there is now a huge amount of concern about L-I batteries in aviation after a number of accidents, there are also a number of addendums issued from ICAO about them (but I am beyond my knowledge level here!) so perhaps it is the batteries in BD jetforce that are the problem - just a thought.
snow report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
chocksaway wrote:
Mmmmm - if there was a limit then I think it would be included - as the CAA is the Authorised Authority in this case, and this is clearly the source document for most of the airlinewebsites - cut and paste is alive and well!

However, I see the jetforce is powered by a lithium-ion battery - there is now a huge amount of concern about L-I batteries in aviation after a number of accidents, there are also a number of addendums issued from ICAO about them (but I am beyond my knowledge level here!) so perhaps it is the batteries in BD jetforce that are the problem - just a thought.

I think it may have been misinformation form them. I did wonder about the li ion batteries and these should be okay for BA. But I couldn't find the power on the BD website.
snow report
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
Likewise!
snow conditions
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
@GlasgowCyclops, I have the Pieps version of the Jetforce which has the same internals. The battery is 28.8 V DC, 1.5 Ah/43.2 Wh, so is well within the IATA regulation of 100 Wh.
snow conditions
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
@PowderAdict, Is correct but the battery MUST be in carry one luggage not in hold luggage.
snow conditions
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
Sounds like shopmonkey bullshite to me.
ski holidays
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Ski the Net with snowHeads
We were on a norwiegian air flight in May and there were at least 15 ABS cylinders on the plane possible more. I think @Dave of the Marmottes, might be right.
ski holidays
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
I have not come across any mention on a limit to the number of cylinders on the plane, it would appear a little odd if there was, if so there would be a limit on the number of batteries and other items.
snow conditions
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And think of all the CO2 cylinders on every life jacket under a seat Shocked
ski holidays

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy