Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Ski glove with built in silk inner

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
I was sitting in a gondola a couple of weeks ago and the lady opposite me unzipped the back of her ski glove and took her hand out, which was encased in a sort of silk or polyester glove liner. While the glove sort of hung below her wrist she could take her phone out, or just let her hands cool down a bit.

I thought what a great idea. I sometimes suffer from sweaty hands and like to take my gloves off in gondolas, but the insides of my gloves get damp and it's hard to put my hands back in. these gloves would be perfect for me. Anyone have ideas on what brand these would be, or what they would be called?
snow conditions
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Probably just a glove on a leash and a liner. You certainly don't need a fancy new pair to achieve this. Lots of gloves have leashes but, if your current gloves don't, you could easily attach them with a couple of stitches; then buy whatever liners you like (silk, merino, synthetic etc), and you now have a "glove system" rather than a boring 'pair of gloves'.
snow report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Yes, I could, but this was def a zip across the back of the hand just below the knuckles, so the entire cuff of the glove remained attached. It was almost like the glove was more a shell than a glove, or maybe a shell with some insulation. If I wear inners my hands just get too hot.
snow conditions
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
http://10peaksgloves.com/technology
ski holidays
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
There are some very thin inners availble though.. I don't see why they'd be any more sweaty than a built-in system (though I agree that it would depend on the puffiness of the original outer; some gloves in the shops look like sweat factories to me.. I steer well clear of them!)
snow report
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
The problem is that silk wears out and can be torn very easily - I just wear removable silk liners in my gloves and replace them as necessary. Gloves remain on a leash so you don't lose them (Hestras). A zip on the back of the glove sounds like somewhere you'd normally put a heat pad.
latest report
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
@wadgebeast, +1 Madeye-Smiley
snow report
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
anarchicsaltire wrote:

They looks like the ones. She must have been wearing inners. Thanks!
snow conditions
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
rdk wrote:
anarchicsaltire wrote:

They looks like the ones. She must have been wearing inners. Thanks!

Look like a good idea. My hesta mitts have leashes and I'm pulling them off all the time to let them dangle, which does get in the way sometimes. Plus I'm terrified that one day I will forget to put the leash around my wrist, and my mitt will go sailing down off a chair into some gnarly area that I'll be forced to into to find said mitt.

Last edited by You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net. on Tue 29-03-16 20:08; edited 1 time in total
ski holidays
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Ski the Net with snowHeads
I have some 10peaks great gloves especially if you have children
ski holidays
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
I have 2 pairs of these. They are brilliant. I bought a new pair of Hestra Lobster Mitts at the end of last season and they have been on once as the 10Peaks have become my default choice. They work very well and as I'm sure @Little Martin, can testify are great when teaching. They don't have liners so I assume the lady must have had her own.
ski holidays

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy