Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Hochkonig report

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
Almost completed a weeks trip to Maria Alm with my wife and 17 year old son.
staying at the hotel Eder in Maria Alm which has been a great choice.Small but really nice. Rooms are cosy ,very modern ,nice bathroom and although I booked a single for my son he was given a small double.
Hotel bar has nice feel and has been jumping several nights this week.Food at breakfast excellent as has been the half board dinner,although we ate out one night, another night in the main restaurant and didn't take dinner at all one night after a long late lunch in the Steinbockalm above Hinterthal.
Village is pretty with a few bars and lots of restaurants ( mainly in hotels) and a good supermarket.( better than the wee Sherpa's you get in France)
Travelled by train from Munich airport . The first train from Munich ost to Worgl was jam packed and a real struggle to get both on and off.The second train from Worgl to saalfelden was an incredible journey through so many ski resorts,Brixen in thale ,Kirchberg,Kitzbuhel,fieberbrunn,and Leogang and after saalfelden would have been Zell am Zee.You need to take a short 5/10 minute taxi ride from saalfelden to Maria Alm.
Ski pass was a bargain as unlike many places youths up to 18 get a discount ( 234 euro for adults,175 for youths)
I have skied in hochkonig before so I new what to expect,it's a good ski area ,easy blues and reds at the Maria Alm End and at the mulbach end but in between its not easy and you need to be a good skier.most of the Reds are steep from top to bottom so don't expect a blue run with one short steep pitch.
Definitely not a beginner resort as it's tough to progress from blues to reds and move about the area hence you tend not to come across ski school or learners on the slopes between Maria Alm and Mulbach
However the weather has been fantastic and the resort have managed to maintain the pistes in tip top condition ,although hard packed , with the snow making on each night as temps have been very low at night.
I think my wife is converted from France as she hinted she would like to come back to Austria next year.great sking ,good snow conditions ,and I don't feel I am being robbed the way I do in France sometimes.
Also the lift lines are nothing compared to what we experienced in Les arcs at new year.
Onwards to Ischgl in April
snow report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
SSSHHHHHH......it's supposed to be a secret, known only to the people in the know Smile
latest report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy