Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Hotel Austria and Niederau as resort?

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
Hi, thinking of late deal to hotel Austria next week. Anyone been to the hotel recently? I've read mixed reviews.Is there anything to do in hotel with whichever adult is spending half a day there with youngest child?

Got one complete beginner(6yrs) who will need some individual lessons due to special needs, then older boys and husband need reds and blues, so I imagine they will be on the bus to the bigger area.

Thanks
latest report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Stayed there about 5 years ago so bear in mind that things might have changed. Location is good. It was full of petty notices about what you couldn't do.Had a nice pool. The gourmet dinner at the end of the week was a fiasco -everyone had to be there at the same time -no food served until drink orders taken and it was forbidden to bring drinks in from the bar. The last got served about an hour after the first. Have a look at http://www.tripadvisor.co.uk/Hotel_Review-g608673-d597070-Reviews-Hotel_Austria-Niederau_Wildschonau_Tirol_Austrian_Alps.html
snow report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
@djfletcher, we stayed at the Austria last year, New Year 2013/14 as we knew its location was very central and convenient. We have spent many holidays in Niederau over the years in different hotels.

They are certainly extremely petty over the business of not serving jugs of water at dinner - available at breakfast but only bottled water at dinner and I found this very disagreeable. We were there with another couple and we were not stinting on the number of bottles of wine we were buying, and would have bought sparkling mineral water (for me) in addition. We had no trouble though buying drinks in the bar and taking them through. I just took a bottle of my own with water in it in my handbag and as our table happened to be behind the table where they kept the glasses we quite openly helped ourselves to them for the water. Anyway my rant over that over, everything else about the hotel was fine, breakfast generous, food at dinner ok - we never expect gourmet food there.

The pool was nice for me to use after skiing. Not sure of anything in particular to do with youngest child in the hotel.

The red ski school in Niederau is very good.
ski holidays
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
If you are going up to the main area by bus you need to go early or do a couple of local runs and go later. At peak times the queue was 35 to 45 minutes to get on the gondola [first week in March 2014]
snow conditions
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Secret Escapes / Voyage Prive by any chance ? Wink
snow report
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
The top floor has two apartments made up of two rooms each with a connecting lobby. We took one of these several years running when the kids were little and it worked very well. Gave us a bit of privacy and they loved their 'own' room.
latest report
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Also thinking about going to Niederau on 7Feb, however just on my own. This might be a bit expensive. Just need a warm room, with good hot shower and decent food. The reviews are not particularly good.

@djfletcher, which TO are you using?
latest report
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
I went on my own once to the Hotel Vicky which has single rooms and had a good time. Resort is ok for early intermediates and beginners. Link to Alpbach means immediate area is much larger, but you need to get bus to Auffach to access this. I like the valley as long as you are not expecting advanced skiing. If you hire a car it is a good base for the whole of the ski welt.
snow conditions
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
I went to Neiderau by myself two years ago, staying in the hotel Harfenwirt.

It wasn't expensive, and I had a pretty good week. If you stay in either the Harfernwirt or the Sonnscheim, they run a free bus to Hopfgarten on Thurday and Friday, so you can ski eth Skiwelt (if you are goijng to use this, get the Kitzbuheler Alpen allstar pass rather than the ski Jewel).
snow report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy