Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

La Clusaz or Tignes - Jan 8th to Jan 12th

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
So I've got a long weekend booked to La Clusaz but the snow coverage there looks pretty poor (as most places do) with just one area open. At this point I can cancel the accommodation and book somewhere in Tignes instead where there is at least a bit more to go at.

Never been to La Clusaz before so not sure how much snow will be required to get the remaining areas open - obviously if it's mainly grassed slopes it wont take too much. I know there is some snow forecast this weekend but it doesn't look like it will be massive amount.

Does anyone know the La Clusaz area well enough to give me an informed opinion?

Thanks
ski holidays
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Hi there - It's a bit difficult to call right now as so much can happen in a short space of time. We know Le Grand Bornand well and have often skied at La Clusaz too. Mostly meadows so not a huge amount needs to fall before there is decent cover. Have also been to Tignes a fair few times - If things stay the same, I would suggest you would be better off heading to Tignes as there will be far more options for you to ski there. However, if the snow which is forecast to arrive sometime from Boxing Day onwards actually arrives it would be such a pity to miss out on what I consider to be a very pretty and 'French' area to ski in La Clusaz/LGB. Easier journey to get to La Clusaz too - tough call at this stage - string it out as long as you can before you make the final decision.
snow conditions
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
@loatie, thanks for the reply. If the area is mostly grassed then as you say wont take too much. Having been to Tignes several times myself I would really prefer to go to La Clusaz for a change of scenery.

If the current weather forecast on Bergfex is to be believed then will be nothing to worry about Very Happy

http://www.bergfex.fr/la-clusaz/wetter/berg/
ski holidays
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
@loatie, how's it looking out there today???

An eyeball report would be terrific if poss please.

Thanks

Nick
snow conditions
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Hi, we are near one of La Clusaz' approach roads at 800m and about 20cm has fallen overnight here. As it's forecast to carry on for the rest of today I think that there'll be plenty enough for the pisteurs at the resort to get most of it open in the next few days. Also cold forecast +++ next week so snow cannon top ups possible. LC and LGB are both very good at piste management.
snow report
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
@nickr, gvj is 'the man on the ground' - we are not out in lgb until next weekend, so good to hear from him re current conditions. Looking good!
latest report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy