Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Ski advice- Atomic Theory/ Armada TST

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
Hey guys,

Looking at some good deals for 2014 stock in both the Theory's and the TST's.

Does anyone own these and give them some feedback on performance?

I'm 6'1, 85kg and a fairly aggressive skier. Love long super-g turns on groomers and improving in pow.

Previously I had Scott Crusades and High Society FR's so looking for a fatter waisted ski to go into the fluffy stuff.

I've also heard good things about the Atomic Ritual- I reckon these might to be too big though...

Thanks in advance.

Dave
snow report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
I'm 6'1/80kg/Adventurous intermediate and have the 186cm Theorys. Only skied them 1 week in Val d'Isere (last week) and a few hours in a snowdome so take with a pinch of salt.

Lots of fun off piste, its light so easy to throw around, enough float for me in 20-30 cm off the side.

Brilliant in a little soft snow. Had 5-10cm unbashed on all the runs in Val last week and loved it. This was where I had the most fun!

Easy to manuouvre in bumps or when making short turns.

Could usually find a decent edge on piste, but its obviously not a piste ski. My ability might be limiting here though. Perhaps a little unstable at high speed if it gets a bit rough.

The tails have a twin tip and release fairly easily if you want them too, but also occasionally when you don't.

I find them quite forgiving if I get thrown in the back seat.

I hear good things about the TST too, I'm sure you'll have fun on either!
snow conditions
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well I can guarantee you won't be doing super g turns on either Laughing

The turn radii on both skis are less than half of the turn radius on a super g ski!
ski holidays
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
Thanks Matt!

I walked into that one...

What I'm asking is can these "do it all" skis carve well enough? Or am I better on a skinnier ski?
ski holidays
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
I've had theorys for a few years now, and think they're pretty good as a do it all ski. Emphasis on fun in most condition from piste to bumps to around 20cm fresh. Anything above that and i tend to break out the fat boys. Carving? Obviously these aren't going to perform like race skis, but if you want a fatter ski then nothing really does. They skitter a bit on super hard (icy) snow, but given a cm or so of reasonable surface softness i think they do pretty well. Usual caveats on personal preference for the feel of skis apply
snow report
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
I have had Theory's for the last 3 seasons and have found them a great all-rounder - very good on the softer stuff compared to my older, thinner skis, and haven't had any problems on piste either as they're not THAT wide at the waist.
ski holidays
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Thanks for all the feedback- only having Theory reviews might say it all about the choice I should make!

Anyone skied the TST or Ritual?
ski holidays
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
I too am looking at getting a pair of Armada TST's so would be really interested to hear any opinions on them if anyone has skied them? Norwalk's too, although think those are a bit too aggressive, plus bit fatter.
snow conditions
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
BlueBird13 wrote:
Thanks Matt!

I walked into that one...

What I'm asking is can these "do it all" skis carve well enough? Or am I better on a skinnier ski?

Haha no worries!

I haven't skied either, but they're not that fat so can't imagine you'd have a problem on piste!

In a similar category I can highly recommend Nordica Soul Riders though - very very good edge hold for the width, and very fun and playful to ski. Around 18m radius, which is a bit smaller than I normally like, but is lots of fun. They kick ass in moguls too!
latest report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy