Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Bourg St Maurice

Poster: A snowHead
Hi All.

Stopping at Bourg St Maurice for a week this coming season with my family. Whilst we have skied Les Arcs numerous times I would welcome any pointers or helpfull hints please regarding use of the funicular for access to the slopes. Of particular interest is ski/boot storage etc as our chalet is too far to walk from in boots and it may be a hassle jumping into the car every morning and parking up at the Funicular car park. Many thanks. TWJ.
latest report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Hi TWJ,

You can pay to store your ski gear at Ski Polaire right next to the Funni. Also you need to be aware that the car park now costs 3 euro a day or 2 for a half day. Am sure lots of others will be along in a moment with further advice.
latest report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Hi Ian thank you for your prompt reply. Is that at the bottom or top of the funicular and how much is it please - if the car park is 3 euro's per day?
snow conditions
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
Ski Polaire is at the bottom, about 50 clumping steps from their door to getting onto the funni. Car park is 3 euro a day, but I think that Polaire's rates are similar. We tend to do as the locals; drive to the car park, get boots on clump to the the funnicular. We leave skis in the car over night back at our place, but bring boots in so that they can sit on the underfloor heating and be warm and supple when we come to put them on each morning. Am sure you'll have a great time. Oh the lift ticket office is also adjacent to the funnicular as well.
ski holidays
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Many thanks, Im sure we will.
snow report
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
I left the skis in the car overnight, thought I might as well leave the boots there too, save lugging them about. Never again! They set like concrete! Had to try to warm them with the car hot air blowers in order to attempt to get them on!

Anyway, where in Bourg St M are you staying? There are shuttle buses to the funicular that pass various points.
snow conditions
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Hi James.

Le Coeur D'or but I have a concern that if we dont get up to 1600 early enough there will be a massive queue at the cachette chair to get up the mountain hence the walk or drive to the funi.

Thank you.

Ps this site is superb, such is the speed an quality of response that you naturally want to help out others if you are able.http://snowheads.com/ski-forum/images/smiles/icon_Madeye-smiley.gif

Cheers. Blush
latest report
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
There is a heated boot room with lockers that will take 5 peoples gear (at a pinch) right at the top of the Funicular - Used it last year.
Its run by the ski shop next door - sorry - dont know the name
Regarding Qs we were there last half term and the Cachette was never a great issue - Getting home could be a bit tight on the last lift back up, but generally no hassles
ski holidays
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
Thank you Martin.

Was there any hassle in hiring the locker and how much did it cost?

Does anyone out there know the name of the ski shop please?

Many thanks to all.
snow conditions
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Ski the Net with snowHeads
If hiring skis another option is to use Skimium at Arc1600. About 50 metres from the top of the funicular - good quality, good prices for ski hire. They have an arrangement with a place below them that has heated ski lockers for reasonable rates.

To add. From Le Coeur D'or you have quite a walk to the funicular - definitely not with boots. There is a shuttle from the station to the funicular, but not sure how frequent that is - that cuts the walk in half. Don't worry about queues at Arc1600 - I have never seen any bad queues - remember there are now two fast lifts out - cachette and Mont Blanc
snow report
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
I had a terrible experience at Skimium at 1600. Told them I was a good intermediate skier and they proceeded to hand me the saddest, tattiest pair of skis I'd ever seen at a rental shop. I mumbled under my breath that I'd think about it before goin across the street and hiring much nicer skis for the same price.
ski holidays
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
I have knowledge of about seven or so groups who have hired from Skimium at Arc1600 over past two seasons. All reported good experience.
snow conditions
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
martinperry wrote:
There is a heated boot room with lockers that will take 5 peoples gear (at a pinch) right at the top of the Funicular - Used it last year.
Its run by the ski shop next door - sorry - dont know the name
Regarding Qs we were there last half term and the Cachette was never a great issue - Getting home could be a bit tight on the last lift back up, but generally no hassles

Remember there are 2 fast chairs out of 1600, Mt Blanc and Cachette - seldom an issue going up even at the busiest times.
snowHead
snow report
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
Thank you all. Very Happy
snow report
 Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
The shuttle that goes between Les Ecuderts (for La Ros) and the funicular in BSM stops opposite-ish the Coeur d'or. It's an option if you fancy it (or one of your party fancies a lie in!)

As for the lift queues, I wouldn't worry that much. I am guessing from your reply that you may not have skied very recently aux Arcs (cunning linguist!). There is a six man express, Mont Blanc, and Cachette which clear the 1600 area. I skied there at various times last season including Christmas / New Year, that area was never a problem (for us).
snow report
Quote:

Le Coeur D'or but I have a concern that if we dont get up to 1600 early enough there will be a massive queue at the cachette chair to get up the mountain hence the walk or drive to the funi.

As jamesgurney, says there is now a fast 6 man chair from 1600 up the mountain. This is closer to the funicular and you are directed straight to it. The entrance to the cachette has been turned around and it now serves 1600 primarily.

This has completely removed the queue leaving 1600, which was probably the worst queue in Les Arcs.
snow report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy