Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Livigno off piste?

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
I have a trip planned to Livigno the last week in January. I am a pretty good skier and prefer off piste skiing in the powder. I just moved to Germany from Portland, Oregon. In Oregon I lived 1.5 hours from Mt. Hood so I only went skiing when there was fresh snow. I am every excited to live near the alps but there are so many resorts that I didn't know where to start. This problem was solved by my coworkers inviting me to go with them to Livigno. I did a bunch of research before I booked the trip and read that it was best for intermediate skiiers but there was good off-piste, of course this was from a commercial web site. Now that I have found snowheads.com I read the posts and don't hear any mention of advanced skiing.

Does anyone have any experience with off piste skiing in Livigno?
snow report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Been once as an Intermediate, but doubt if there is much for advanced. Great snow and lift system though
ski holidays
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Livigno, as far as I know, is not listed as an off piste mecca on any ski bum's to do list.

For great off-piste skiing near Germany try St Anton, hiring a guide is highly recommended. I hope to go there myself this season (again).

I also heard that Mittenwald has very good off piste but have not been myself.
snow conditions
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
pdicke,

I only know it from reviews etc and they do say it is for intermediates but I would take that as a plus because they only look at the pistes. The terrain is above the tree line and you will have good vertical by US standards. The Italians don't really go in for much off-piste in resorts like these so you will have all the lines between lifts to yourselves until they get brave enough to follow you in on a good snow day... I really don't know why this is but there you go...

The thing about European skiing is that you can go where ever you want to go...but YOU must take due care, nobody else will try and stop you. If you want to see what the region offers just pop along to the guides office and see what they do. There may be loads of drop offs and day trips that only the locals are interested in and these don't get publicised by Tour Ops becaseu there clients don't look for it.
From the UK it is known for having a LOOOONGG transfer in so it is less popular... That, in no way doesn't mean good..!!

They say you can do St Moritz on a day trip (bus) which should be a must as well
snow report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
pdicke,

and welcome to snowHead BTW
snow report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy