Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

skiing nevis range or glencoe

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
Just after some advice. Thinking of organising a trip up to scotland at the start of march. hopefully the wind will have died down by then and the snow will still be good. The thing is i will be taking 4 mates who haven't really skied before. I'm a qualified instructor so gunna give them a few lessons there. Was just wondering if glencoe, or nevis range will be best?? The only day we can go would be a weekend, sat/sun. I've never been skiing in scotland before, so not sure which resort is busiest at weekend, and they'll need to hire equipment so would need info on where's best for that as swell if anyone can help.
cheers.
ski holidays
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
superG, I can only comment on what i know / experienced

But i gotta say Glenshee is champion for low-level / newbie skiing (like myself), I hire from Fresh Tracks at about £20 per day inc helmet, I have found them to be most helpful, they are about 10-12miles below where the resort is but on same road. As a note I have also used them for private lessons and cannot rate the guy that i have been highly enough.
Overall the greens that i have been on have not been too hard and my experience is 1 week of 'learn to turn' 4years ago, and 3 hours of private tuition in scotland, So im sure if i can (in my unfit condition) can feel confident then im sure your mates can if your teaching them at same time - Smile
I would say if your going up for weekend, get to the gate as early as possible, this weekend they had to start to refuse entry, but of course thats because of the school holidays and awesome (if not a bit windy) conditions.
snow report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy