Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Saalbach/Hinterglemm Official Unofficial 2013/2014 Thread - It's Snowtime

Poster: A snowHead
Conditions are not great but the piste's are holding up well , yes there are patches coming through but all the upper runs are skiable and most of the home runs into Saalbach are OK , Hinterglemm south facing slopes are suffering though. Just had a quick blast down to Leogang this morning , the bowl is skiing well with the runs down to the bottom station at Leogang skiing hard and fast. See what next week holds but the forecast is for warmer weather with maybe some rain/snow mid-week.
ski holidays
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Hi

Any hotel recommendations in Hinterglemm? Looked at DIY and T/O and there didn't seem that much in it price wise
ski holidays
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
I stayed in edelweiss which was really nice. Food really good and good spa. There is a t bar next to it that linked onto main gondola so it was nearly ski in ski out.
snow conditions
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
Hello all - heading out to Saalbach in early March and thinking of having a few ski lessons - can anyone recommend a good instructor or ski school?
snow report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
We are staying at the Alpine Palace with Neilson next week paying about £750 for the package (not lift passes though). Not used it for a ski holiday before but we went there for a walking holiday in September - and liked it so much we booked for skiing. Really excellent and right next door to a gondola. Great food and facilities. All the pools and saunas etc you could want, crèche, big ski room as well as superb breakfasts and dinners. The cheap rooms are in the old, unconverted, 3 star wing though you can upgrade to 5* if you want. Everyone gets the same food and facilities - and if you get the offer of a trip to the Wolf Hut on Wednesday, take it - you won't be disappointed!

Just hope the conditions improve before we go next Sunday - anyone out there able to give an update? rolling eyes
snow report
 You'll need to Register first of course.
Quote:

anyone out there able to give an update

It's been snowing all day today - not sure how much has fallen (and I haven't been out), but it can't have done any harm! More warm weather forecast though, so it's anybody's guess what it will be like by next Sunday.
snow report
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Thank you ('Tatman's Tours, '). Fingers crossed for next week then, and also for the rest of the season for you and yours.
ski holidays
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
TT, this warm weather forecast concerns me more than lack of snow from above, at least the cannons can blast when cold.
snow conditions
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
We're all quietly confident!
latest report
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
I like your confidence, I will stop watching webcams for a week and stop worrying!
snow report
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
Tatman's Tours wrote:
We're all quietly confident!

Fingers, legs, toes and everything else crossed!
snow report
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
madlondoner, Big Dave, Thanks for the advice for hotels. Have also thought about self catering, but again just in Hinterglemm.

Have been on the website and the list is endless, so again if anyone has any ideas would be much appreciated
snow conditions
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
Matt23, I can recommend hotel sonne which is sat back off the main road between Hinterglemm and Saalbach, stopped there for 4 nights last year. It is closer to Saalbach, I used to walk into town about 5-10 mins in the evening and they have their own minibus to take you to and from slopes aswell. Great hotel and food. But not ski I ski out if that is a criteria for you.
snow report
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
Thanks ribblevalleyblue, will look at Hotel Sonne as ski in ski out is not a criteria
snow report
 Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
Nice cruise around the slopes this morning , the bit of snow that fell yesterday was welcome but the warm temps forecast for this week are not , unsure if the cannons will be able to operate this week with the warm temp's. At the moment no long term forecast of a big dump but hopefully it will arrived sooner than later but there is a possibility of a sprinkling this coming Friday. Not as busy as last week but on first lifts and finished by mid-day , so probably missed the crowds. Will report mid-week on how the piste's are holding up with the warm temp's for anyone coming out next weekend.
ski holidays
Thanks for the update waistdeep
snow conditions
Just skied Bernkogel, Reiterkogel, Hochalm and Zwoelferkogel - good snow on top, but quite icy on lower slopes that are out of the sun.
snow report
Six weeks until my intrepid gang of family and friends head to Hintergelmm (we're staying at the Familienresort Ellmauhof-das Feriengut Kinder Hotel). Yay! Roll on the 15th of February!

Very Happy
snow conditions
Thanks for the updates waistdeep and Tatman's Tours.
snow report
HoneyBunny wrote:

Big group of 11 of us are staying at Berger's Sporthotel end of Feb. Cannot WAIT.

3 of us just booked at this hotel for 22nd Feb, looks like we'll see you there!
snow report
Doss wrote:
HoneyBunny wrote:

Big group of 11 of us are staying at Berger's Sporthotel end of Feb. Cannot WAIT.

Get adequate health insurance would be my advice.... Toofy Grin
latest report
What are the food and drink prices on the mountain like this year? Good value for money?
snow conditions
Quick update on conditions , piste's starting to get heavy after mid-day after yet another warm day here . Forecast is for snow/rain from Friday for 3 days according to the locals and getting cooler .
ski holidays
Quote:

What are the food and drink prices on the mountain like this year? Good value for money?

Goulash Soup and a drink - about €9 - €12 depending on self-service or table service
Huge Tiroler Grostel and a large drink - €13 today at Barnalm, on the terrace in the sunshine Cool , waitress service.
Sausage & Chips about €10. Wienerschnitzel and chips about €12.

Apres beers (large) from €2.20 (Bobby's in Saalbach) to €4.50
latest report
Heading out tomorrow. Pistes don't look too bad on the webcams, but I've read it's been horribly warm! Any sniff of new snow in the coming days?
snow report
New snow overnight has freshened the Pistes up but its still warmer than it should be at this time of the year, maybe more new snow mid next week.
latest report
There's 15 of us (from my local rugby club) out for the week 18th-25th. One of the party needs to get to Innsbruck on the 24th(Friday) to catch a 11.00 o'clock flight. Anny recommendations for the transfer please?
Many thanks
snow report
Quote:

One of the party needs to get to Innsbruck on the 24th(Friday) to catch a 11.00 o'clock flight. Anny recommendations for the transfer please?

Public transport is not easy - the route would be bus to Zell am See, then train, but the first bus out of Saalbach is 07.03 and he won't get to Innsbruck central station until 10.32. Latest departure the night before is 19.21 from Saalbach; arr. Innsbruck 22.32.

Taking an early taxi (€40-€50) to Zell am See station on Friday morning in time to catch the 06.23 direct train will get him to Innsbruck central station by 08.37, giving just over 2 hours to get out to the airport and check in. Train will cost about €30.

More info at http://fahrplan.oebb.at/bin/query.exe/en?
snow conditions
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
Thanks quinton, much appreciated. Could anybody recommend taxi/shuttle.
ski holidays
Robinic we are a group of 14 mature skiers who are there the same day as you. With the result out in Paris last night a few of us may be looking to see where we might be able to watch Scarlets play Quins Sunday afternoon. That been said can't see us wanting to lose ski time. Rock and a hard place! Happy I'm the only one with a Scarlet link in group.
snow conditions
Cuckoo are on this evening in Bobby's - a change to their usual Monday slot due to a wedding. They were in great form last Monday.
latest report
Doss wrote:

You're welcome to meet up with us for some skiing and/or apres fun.

See you there!

Cacciatore wrote:

Get adequate health insurance would be my advice.... Toofy Grin

Shush you!!

NehNeh
snow report
Scarlet Fez, Good chance we might bump into each other. We're quite noticeable, either tall big and ugly or squat and ugly.
ski holidays
There are 500 RAF personnel staying in Saalbach and Hinterglemm the same week for the RAF winter sports championships. We will not be mistaken for them as we are older tha your average bears. 40-55. Where abouts are you staying, we are at the Panther.
ski holidays
Bergers
snow report
I hate to say it but the webcams aren't looking pretty for Saalbach/Hinterglemm Crying or Very sad Roads of white surrounded by grass trickling down the mountains on the south facing slopes. The more reliable short range forecasts are showing some snow today/tomorrow, 10-15cm possibly. Longer term there are hints that this weekend in to next week 'might' bring some more and who knows after that.

I have everyone in our group doing snow dances before bed, so hopefully by the 25th Jan it'll be a different picture!
snow conditions
As long as there is a chicken man and wine on 8th - 15th March I will be happy.
ski holidays
Hopefully one of you guys can help - does anyone know of any options for direct flights to Salzburg from Midlands / London?

We've just completed our 6th "dad's" long weekend ski break, all so far have been in France and we are now looking to Austria for next years trip. I'd love to go back to Saalbach (last time was over 15 years ago), but I'm really struggling for flight options (that don't require a change somewhere), for the mid-week flight either out or return. We are looking at something like Saturday to Wednesday or Wednesday to Sunday.

I know flight details will not be out yet for 2015, but certainly for 2014 it seems as though direct mid-week flights are a no no.

Any advice?
ski holidays
Go Gatwick/Salzburg on the Saturday and Innsbruck/Gatwick midweek both with Easyjet. Hire a car, there is no one way hire charge with most providers in Austria
ski holidays
Quote:

for 2014 it seems as though direct mid-week flights are a no no.

Any advice?

Look again at Ryanair and BA. Ryanair currently fly daily except Wednesdays from Stansted to Salzburg from £50 each way. BA currently fly daily from Gatwick. Easyjet fly Saturday and Sunday from Gatwick and Luton to Salzburg and Jet2 also fly to Salzburg e.g. from Manchester.
ski holidays

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy