Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Saalbach/Hinterglemm Official Unofficial 2013/2014 Thread - It's Snowtime

Poster: A snowHead
Snowing in Saalbach today which made for some nice runs early in the morning , wet snow falling in the village and about 10cm of fresh snow on the upper slopes over night.
ski holidays
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Decent levels of precipitation showing up on MeteoCentre for Friday (and light/moderate snow through Saturday and Sunday). Phew, cutting it fine for our arrival on Saturday, can't do this again next year!

http://www.meteocenter.eu/index.php?id=regions&region=CE&section=precip&forecast=Snow&time=108#model
snow report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
The pictures tweeted by Crystal today are looking goooooooooood Cool
ski holidays
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
TT, did the chicken in asitz brau today, can separate the two, anyway it's still snowing so happy days and spacey was on top form in spitzbob
snow conditions
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Today has been pretty amazing, the fresh snow yesterday and the sun today made for some nice skiing. Its been warm again today though so it was a little slushy this afternoon on the lower slopes. Looks like another sunny day tomorrow so I think ill be up for the first lift again.

ribblevalleyblue, I met spacey last night, what a character!
latest report
 You'll need to Register first of course.
Russeh, managed to drag me out of my pit at 08.00am today (no mean feat!), and we did the full circuit of the valley, anti-clockwise. As a result of the much colder temperatures, the pistes are generally hard, icy and fast, although the bottom of the Jausern run (piste 2b) is pure porridge. More snow is forecast for tomorrow and Sunday, with temperatures to remain cold. The snow cannons are working overtime.

Blue sky and beautiful views today. For fans of the Grabenhuette, the off-piste access and egress are adequately snow-covered and easy (and the Tirolergroestl is as good as ever).
snow conditions
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Good dusting in the village this morning 6-8cm , first lifts look like the order of the day . More snow due over the weekend and backend of next week at last !!!!!
snow report
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
Yesterday was fun, as Tatman said the bottom of the 2b run was horrid I don't think we saw anyone go down it gracefully. The rest of it was fine though.

Today is snowy, I've just come back after an hour and half it seemed to pick up the moment I left the top of the lift Laughing here's the view from the village

Last edited by After all it is free Go on u know u want to! on Wed 29-01-14 21:59; edited 2 times in total
latest report
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
Quote:

here's the view from the village

...from our living room window to be precise!
latest report
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
I though that view looked familiar-ish!! Very Happy
latest report
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
CAN, NOT, WAIT! Never again will I want to cut it this fine. I'll be boarding the flight this time tomorrow snowHead
snow report
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
Snow just about still falling in the village , nice early morning skiing this morning still a bit heavy lower down but upper runs snow nice and powdery . More snow forecast for Sunday into next week so should be a great week ahead. Hopefully some of the runs that have not been opened up[ this season might start too now they have some snow depth.
snow report
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
Tatman's Tours wrote:
Quote:

here's the view from the village

...from our living room window to be precise!

I thought that looked like the good old Konig in the hazy distance..

Team Angry Birds is getting excited, although we can't find anymore of the helmet covers so there may some strange additions.

Great news on the weather forecast!
ski holidays
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
HoneyBunny I've heard all about Team Angry Brids all week from Tatman Laughing
snow report
 Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
Russeh, all good I hope Embarassed

Have a look at the full trip report if you like!

http://snowheads.com/ski-forum/viewtopic.php?p=2230196&highlight=saalbach#2230196
snow report
HoneyBunny, gangnam style on the hill was mentioned Laughing

I'll have a read at the other thread Smile
snow report
Quote:

gangnam style on the hill

After that comment, I felt that I ought to upload the video evidence on to Youtube - see
http://youtube.com/v/aEpEOQ6LElA&feature=youtu.be
snow report
FLOL! Such great memories! I need to send the rest of the Angry Birds gang that - imagine 11 of us!

What a laugh - and I love the randoms in the background who were up for it too!

Bloody awesome, and we're just four weeks from doing it all again - pleeeeeeease be there TT!!!
ski holidays
Still snowing in Saalbach at the moment and forecast through to Tuesday. It has been windy up top with a few of the top lifts being closed but with all that fresh snow all over the hill a great morning skiing in fresh powder was to be had , excellent mornings skiing.
snow conditions
Best bar to hit on the runs down to saalbach? Currently sat in Bobby's after a tough but amazing first day Very Happy
latest report
Quote:

Best bar to hit on the runs down to saalbach?

Bergeralm, Westernstadl, Maisalm, Hinterhagalm
ski holidays
Swift and prompt. Great service there Tatman.
snow report
Fenoit wrote:
Best bar to hit on the runs down to saalbach? Currently sat in Bobby's after a tough but amazing first day Very Happy

Or try Bauer's Schi-Alm at the bottom!

http://www.bauers-schialm.at/

Don't miss the Goassstall in Hinterglemm either. You just get a taxi back afterwards, they all wait at the bottom after the short ski down.
ski holidays
Tatman's Tours wrote:

http://youtube.com/v/aEpEOQ6LElA&feature=youtu.be

Laughing haha
snow report
Hi guys, in saalbach this Thursday. My friends won't want to tackle blacks. Anyone in mid late 20s want to go on a few runs?
ski holidays
Tingbot, Sorry, far too old! Sad
snow report
Any other SH's in Saalbach between 11th and 16th Feb?

We are 2 early 40's skiers arriving late Monday with several others arriving Wednesday late afternoon.
I might be skiing solo on the Tuesday and Wednesday as my wingman is really struggling with arthritis in his back.

Can tackle anything and keep up with most on piste but stamina isnt what it used to be on the badly ploughed stuff.
snow report
Anyone know the opening hours of Hansi's Ski rental? We'll be arriving around 8 pm on Saturday, so I guess we'll have to wait until the morning to pick up any rental gear.
latest report
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
Cliff, Hansi is unlikely to be there as late as 8.00pm, although he does stay open later on Saturdays so worth trying.
latest report
Tatman's Tours, Thanks, do you know when he opens on Sundays? Couldn't find any hours on the homepage but I saw that some other places open already at 8 am on Sundays.
snow report
I think he's normally there by 08.30am. I'll ask him if I see him in the next day or two.
snow conditions
Can anyone point me in the direction of the begeralm? I cannot find it in ze piste map.

Danke
snow report
It's on piste 66, just above the bottom of the Magic Sixer chair lift. We were in there for lunch, and I can heartily recommend both the 'Speck mit Ei' (bacon and eggs, fried up with potato, onion and herbs) and the 'Apfelstrudel mit Vanille Sauce' - best in the valley!

(It's marked on the piste map as ' Bergerhochalm')
latest report
Good afternoon everyone. I was wondering if someone can help me.

I few post ago, someone mentioned a free last hour of skiing if you have a week long ski pass. Please could somone give me some more infomation on this. I arrive in Saalbach at around 14:00 on a Saturday. Its probably not worth getting a pass for that day but was wondering about the last hour of the day being free.

Thanks
snow conditions
Last year I got a 4 day pass and I skied the day before the offical start FOC from 15:00 (approximately).

Last edited by Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do. on Mon 27-01-14 16:46; edited 1 time in total
snow conditions
Arriving with wife on Saturday 1st Feb for a week, skied in a number of other resorts in Austria over the years but this is first trip to Saalbach and really looking forward to it. Both of us are skiers/snowheads in early 50's and would appreciate any information on ski guiding that is available in the valley, staying in Hotel Kristiana in Saalbach. Any information is appreciated.
latest report
Quote:

someone mentioned a free last hour of skiing if you have a week long ski pass

If you have a multi-day pass, you can ski for free on the day before it starts from 15.00 - so thegeoff, can ski on Saturday afternoon if he gets his skis sorted and if the rep has his pass ready. Hint - don't buy your pass from the rep on the bus as you might not get it until the Welcome Meeting later in the evening, thus missing out on some skiing and the free ride up on the Turm lift (before 16.15) to the Hinterhag Alm for après.

Russeh, - could you edit/shrink/remove the photo so we can read more than just the left-hand half of each post!
ski holidays
richards521, We went to Hinterglemm for the first time a couple of weeks back. Really enjoyed it (and we are a bit older than you). We had ski guiding from our Tour Operator (Neilson) but it is really quite easy to navigate round the circuit. Hope you enjoy it.
snow report
richards521, We'll no doubt be in Bobby's Pub on Saturday night and may well be up for a spot of informal guiding. PM me your mobile number.
ski holidays
Looking for some accommodation 16th-19th march for two people. Can anyone recommend a hotel, guest house or apartments that wouldn't necessarily be on my searches via booking.com? Many thanks.
snow report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy