Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Dienten - Hochkonig

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
Taking the two grand-daughters skiing for the first time (them, not us!) next winter and thinking about Dienten in Hochkonig. Had one day skiing the area when we stayed at Flachau a while ago, but don't know much about the village. There seem to be quite a few apartments with easy access to the slopes.

Anyone any useful info? Is it nice place? Bars, restaurants etc? Presumably there is a ski school there for the girls - are they likely to speak English? Anything useful appreciated.

Robin
ski holidays
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Hi RobinS, we stayed in Maria Alm but got chatting to a family who stayed in Dienton. Don't know the name of the hotel they stayed in but they were very happy with the standard of the kids classes (Good standard of English spoken) and the generally family friendly vibe in the little town. They said they would go again whilst the kids were small as being somewhere so quiet was suiting them but when the kids get older they would prefer a town with a bit more life to offer. We didn't leave the slopes at Dienton so can't suggest eateries/bars for you.

The area was great, we went in January of last year and had fresh snow everyday, enough runs to keep us happy for a week especially with such great conditions.
ski holidays
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Thanks lilywhite, Thanks for the positive comments. Did consider Maria Alm as well, but Dienten seems to have more apartments within walking distance of the pistes, and being in the middle of the area may have more routes available for the kids outside of ski school (they will learn at our dry slope first, so not complete beginners). We just skied through when we were there as well - started at Muhlbach and got to Maria Alm on hardpack for elevenses beers, then spent the afternoon fighting the slush moguls back - this was during the March 2012 heatwave! I can vaguely remember having a good lunch at a mountain restaurant on the edge of Dienten, and walking across a bridge acros the road between chairlifts - but that may have been somewhere different altogether!
snow report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
RobinS, it's a beautiful little village, nice and traditional which is the way I like it. When we stay in Bad Gastein, we regularly day trip to Dienten. They've recently improved the lift system (i.e. the bridge you talk about) out of the village too so seams like a good base for the area.

I've never stayed or eaten in Dienten but seams to be plenty about. There are some excellent mountain restaurants though!

Cheers
Kersh
latest report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy