Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Austrian Snow Report 2007/2008

Poster: A snowHead
Just back from Maria Alm, beautiful sunny day Saturday, fantastic conditions empty pistes no queues! Very Happy Sunday different story, very high winds all the lifts were closed apart from 2 T bars! The wind dropped a bit in the afternoon and the gondola opened but it was raining lower down, with heavy snow falling further up. The forecast was much better for the rest of the week though Very Happy
snow report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Kersh wrote:
Cafu, As intermediates you'll be fine at Sport Gastein. The pistes are nice and wide so great for carving. The terrain rolls nicely so you get some great speed down the steep bits. You'll love it. snowHead

Yep. Agreed entirely. Will post some pics soon.
snow conditions
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Just back from a fantastic ski trip from Serfaus-Fiss-Ladis (Tyrol). Beautiful sunny days, very good snow, perfect pistes. Pictures will be posted later.
latest report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
kerekip, oooh we have been wondering about going there for the past year or two, a trip report would go down very well indeed if you have time wink !!

D
snow report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Some light snow forecast tomorrow and maybe a moderate dump on Saturday/Sunday.

Fingers crossed rolling eyes
snow report
 You'll need to Register first of course.
Deliaskis, check out some recent pics here

Looks like a fantastic place!
snow conditions
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Markus, thanks for the link, they're some fab pics! It's moving up my 'to go to' list. Looks like there's more above the treeline skiing than I had thought, but it looks like an extensive area.

I keep forgetting to look at that site, which is probably a good thing as I don't have time for another forum!

D
snow report
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
Deliaskis, It's probably at the top of my go to list in Austria, but unfortunately I dont think we'll make it next year as its harder to find really cheap accommodation there than other places in Austria.

Anyone got any info on how its holding up in the lower resorts of Austria such as the SkiWelt, Kitzbuhel etc. ?
latest report
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
There's some great pictures on that Alpin Forum!
snow conditions
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Kersh, yeah, i check it daily Embarassed

There's usually 10-15 reports a week just for Austria, and they seem to take their reports very seriously Neh Neh
snow report
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
Markus, I did notice the seriousness of the reports, and lots of people with as much of an interest in the lifts as the skiing!

Good reports though with lots of detail Very Happy , but I think it would be a full time job to read them all...

D
snow conditions
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
Hiya,

I'm heading to Kitzbuhel on the 9th of Feb and at the moment I'm not sure what the conditions are going to be like ( only 10cm on the lower slopes according to the website). Theres meant to be some more snow next week but I'm not sure how much.

Last year I was in Garmisch and the snow was terrible so I was really hoping this year would be better Sad Has anyone been to kitzbuhel recently or going next week? What are the slopes like?
ski holidays
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
Snowed again yesterday in Austria, especially in the middle and the southern parts. Ski amade had 20-30cm fresh snow, the areas close to the Italian and Slovenian border got even more. Some mountain roads were closed due to heavy snowfall.
ski holidays
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
kerekip, Skied Zauchansee yesterday and today. Bluebird day with 30cms of light powder. Fantastic day, kept off piste away from the crowds.
latest report
 Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
waynos, what a small world we live in? I also got text messages from Zauchansee reporting the same condition Very Happy
snow report
just to follow up on Kerekip..had a cheeky weekend in Kitzbuhl, Saturday was ok to poor visibiility but snowing quite hard all day. Sunday was just fantastic, beatiful blue skies, sunny and warm and lots of fresh stuff to play in. Pretty busy in the main parts of the resort with the Germans having come down from Munich, but still good fun especially once you got to the outer regions of the resort.

Actually I'm going to add that on reflection I think that Sunday was probably one of the 5 best days on the piste I've ever had, crowds not-withstanding...

Last edited by Poster: A snowHead on Mon 4-02-08 17:40; edited 1 time in total
snow conditions
I'm going to Mayrhofen for a week on Saturday, starting to get the snow anxiety "What if there is no snow?" "What if it all melts?"

Please please let there be good snow. I don't care if it rains all summer as long as my ski holiday is accompanied by lots of lovely fluffy snow!
latest report
gudo216, Let me know how you get on.
We are out there first week in march.
ski holidays
I'm just back from mayrhofen the snows fine Wink had 2 days of snow 4 days of nice sunshine you'll love it.
latest report
Odin, will do but from what Twice, has said above it sounds good. Thanks for the re-assurance!!!!
snow report
The Italian Alps had a huge dump in the past days. The Austrian Nassfeld right on the Austrian/Italian border had 50cm fresh snow in two days.
snow report
Anyone near Zell Am See??

Reports sound ok above mid-station, but what's it like below that?
ski holidays
The people who returned from our apartment in Bad Gastein on Friday reported some of the best on piste conditions they've ever had! Sounds good if anyone's heading that way. snowHead
ski holidays
Just back from Radstadt and the piste conditions there, and in the local resorts, were some of the best I have ever experienced.

Last edited by You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net. on Wed 6-02-08 12:20; edited 1 time in total
ski holidays
Frosty the Snowman, aha! Some perspective compared to skiing on the Franco Italian border wink
latest report
boredsurfin, Some harsh perspective from Espace Killy the week before. I think for an enthuisiastic leisure skier like me, that the area we have been to was perfect. A bit of faffing about on the buses, but an all round great experience.
ski holidays
Frosty the Snowman, I think our week in Val followed yours. First few days were great - pistes in good condition and blue skies. Then it went cold, and then it dumped big time on Friday. The cancelled World Cup was good news for us as we got to play in a foot or so of fresh and in the afternoon the sun came back. Espace Killy dished up it's best for us and we weren't disapointed. Moris hotel was afun place too! Very Happy Glad to hear you had a great trip also. Very Happy

Sorry - Return to Topic 3, 2, 1, now ......... Embarassed
ski holidays
AxsMan, Never really got the moris - too expensive for me to get drunk in so as to take the constant smell of pee away.

Frosty the Snowman, Sorry I never met up for a ski in the end, Sunday in Zauchansee was a fantastic powder day - but I was shattered by 2:30 and quit for the day. Our son was a bit sick again overnight sun/mon night so didn't make it out mon. Glad you like the area, there is endless skiing around, though car is ideal to really explore. Off now to email your host about his little head scan.
ski holidays
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
It's that time again.

Obertauern 13'31E 47'15N

http://85.214.49.20/wz/pics/MS_1447_ens.png

http://85.214.49.20/wz/pics/MS_135470_g05.png
snow report
Can someone explain these charts please. What's the P0 to P20 down the left side of the first chart? How do they equate to all those lines? How can I find a chart for a particular resort? etc etc

Sorry for asking, they're both a mystery at the moment.

Thanks
latest report
Kersh - read the beginners guide - http://snowheads.com/ski-forum/viewtopic.php?t=14852
snow conditions
kitenski, cheers
snow conditions
Looks dry for the next week or so. Sad
snow report
Was in Soll last week and conditions throughout the Ski Welt were excellent. Helped by nice big dump of snow on wednesday night/thursday morning.
snow report
Hi guys, been lurking from downunder for a while. We're heading to Austria on 2.3.08 for around 10 days following a work trip in Sweden. However, I think I carry the 'high pressure curse'! Spent 2 weeks in Utah/Wyoming last January and we only got 1 day of freshies. Of course it's puking there this season. Now, looks like a similar drought for Austria this year!!! Can't believe it. I can see sun nearly every b..... day here so I don't want it when I come to Europe! Rant over.

Many thanks for the updates 'on the ground' - not easy to get first hand reports from over here. Fingers crossed for a snowy March.
Smile
snow conditions
Bindo, welcome to Snowheads! snowHead

I've heard of snowfall being linked to the luna cycle but not Aussies! snowHead Don't blame yourself. wink At least it's really cold at the moment.

Hope you have a good time wherever you're off to.
ski holidays
I'm off to Zell Am See on saturday. Sounds like piste conditions are good, but some fresh powder would be nice!??!
ski holidays
Hi,

Another longtime lurker, first time poster. Love all the information I get on this site, hope one day to have enough knowledge to contribute (still a beginner).

Also going to Austria in March and have been learning (slowly) about GFS forecasting from various snowHead forums.

From my amateur interpretation, it looks as though at the end of February temps take a dip and some snowfall.

I'll try to post the link here for Skiwelt region (please help if it doesn't come out right), which I got from the sticky - beginners guide to GFS at the top of this forum

http://85.214.49.20/wz/pics/MS_1347_ens.png. Have a look if you're interested - thick blue line is most likely run (apparently). I'm sure this can be torn completely apart as a forecast model but it makes me happy Very Happy
ski holidays
Okay that didn't work. Maybe someone can help? Otherwise the link is from Kitenski's post in the above mentioned sticky.
snow report
http://85.214.49.20/wz/pics/MS_1347_ens.png I think that should do it. Not sure if it was just the full stop at the end of png

D
snow report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy