Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

do u dislike/hate snowboarders

Poster: A snowHead
rayscoops, Laughing
latest report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
This has the makings of a very funny thread...... and no, I haven't bothered with the link, this is entertaining enough...Laughing
ski holidays
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
and rayscoops with a capital 'R' ? Laughing
snow conditions
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
rayscoops wrote:
abc, all that mattered is that you clicked on the link Laughing

So rayscoops and sideshow bobbers are one and the same then? wink

If this is a competition about internet marketing, I'll say I admire the creative thinking of the author. Smile

I actually enjoy watching crashes, the kind the "crasher" gets up laughing and try again type, that is. But the video was a little too long and it starts to drag about half way...
ski holidays
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Charli939, actually no, it is not a name, it is a tag NehNeh
latest report
 You'll need to Register first of course.
rayscoops, In which case I hereby print a full retraction Laughing

And before you ask... Charli939 is quite accurate... my other 938 split personalities will be along to verify this shortly.. Toofy Grin
snow conditions
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
abc, I am not sideshow bobbers or sideshow bob either, but noticed in another thread that bobbers was trying to get people to click on the link and he used cunning to get skiers to check out boarders hurting themselves to get the 'hits' (number of views) he is after, but some people missed this point and I was just winding them up Laughing
latest report
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
abc, I thank you for pointing out my creative thinking and no, sideshow bobbers is the only user name I use on here (I only have one account)
snow report
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
Quote:

but some people missed this point

like me Embarassed
snow report
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
i have been discovered, that was my main point but I also wanted you to enjoy my video (or my horrible spelling/grammer)
as long as you are still haveing fun then that is all that matters (abit like the sports)
ski holidays
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
achilles wrote:
PS my use of the apostrophe is so last century, too
Interesting, that's also how I use the apostrophe at the end of words ending in 's'.
snow report
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
sideshow bobbers, Well hats off to you for the cunning plan. Not only did you succeed in getting a bunch of snowHeads to click on the link.. but also successfully managed to start two threads that ultimately resulted in a discussion of spelling and grammar... respect! Toofy Grin

Now....

'bored with' v. 'bored of'

.... discuss! Twisted Evil
snow report
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
Charli939, As none of us wishes to be bored, I'll go along with this.

Quote:
...there is no logical reason why it should be with/by/of

Toofy Grin

Last edited by So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much on Mon 12-05-08 18:52; edited 1 time in total
ski holidays
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
Ordhan, wrote
Quote:

pam w, Of course it is ridiculous it involves snowboarders but it gives us a chance to pooke fun at them

Not sure who Ordhan thinks is "us" and "them" here, or why he assumes I'm one of us not one of them. Good to keep the spelling mistakes going though.
latest report
 Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
achilles, perhaps the exception that proves the rule, but there's a distinguished Wren church in Piccadilly (and a nearby street) called St James's. Come to think of it, that's the name of a whole district where other club(b)able gnomes congregate. wink
snow conditions
achilles wrote:
er, no. I have no problem with borders - and think they are poetry in motion

Which were the particular ones you had in mind that would be so poetic? When borders move, that does generally seem to involve rather a lot of fighting (India and Pakistan, England and Ireland, Israel and...just about anybody). Wink
latest report
GrahamN, oh I know. I halve a spelling chequer. Boarders borders schmorders Very Happy
snow report
Do you say 'at the weekend', or 'on the weekend'?
This usage had me stymied.
Here it is 'on the weekend'.

As in 'I overheard some stuck up skiers who could barely get down a groomer hatin' on snowboarding...I am sure they only ski on weekends. Buncha gapers.'
snow conditions
jacksonholerider, the English usage is 'at' not 'on.'
ski holidays
Both forms are actually clumsy, to my ears.
Technically, one would be skiing during the weekend, not 'at' OR 'on'. (A weekend not being a place or thing, but a descriptor of time)
Better bust out the OED for this one...
latest report
jacksonholerider, what is wrong with "over the weekend" ?

ps - just booked flights and accommodation for Christmas and New Year in Jackson - yes I know it will be a bit busy and I may have to wait in lines for 5 minutes or so... Now just need to work on getting the wife to let me escape for another break there in February... Toofy Grin
snow conditions
Excellent!
I'd be happy to show you around.
'Over the Holidays', as it were...
ski holidays
stoatsbrother, wouldn't that involve some form of levitation for 48 hours though... Toofy Grin

I never know what to make of boarders. Confused If it's done well it is very good to watch, and of course they give us most of the entertainment as we pass over the parks and pipes. Having said that, I prefer to watch a good freestyle skier - though they are few and far between compared to the percentage of boarders who are decent in the pipe. Naturally they do things that really, really annoy me. Sitting in the middle of the piste (usually just over the lip) is the big one. Now, admittidly skiers stop in inconvenient places too - however I've yet to find a group of skiers who block an entire piste by creating a line across it (that's not lack of consideration, that's deliberate Twisted Evil ).
ski holidays
skisimon,
Quote:

I've yet to find a group of skiers who block an entire piste by creating a line across it

I encountered just that, twice, in Verbier in March. rolling eyes
latest report
skisimon, they're too busy cluttering up the entire off ramp at chairlifts.
snow report
Hurtle, Verbier! Must have been a bunch of troublesome merchant bankers. Evil or Very Mad
snow report
Lizzard, Have tried it for 4 days and wasnt for me, Boring as hell

Quote:

we can eat chocolate while riding, if we come into contact with a tree we have a board to stop out legs from rapping around it (unless our boards break) and we can sit down,

Maybe if boarders spent less time eating and more time concentrating on the slope they would not run into people!

Unfortunatley the contact with a tree policy is all to often implemented with others on the slope

We can sit down normall on the far side of a dip in the hill where no one can see you!
ski holidays
Ordhan, there's no need to be bitter about it.
snow report
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
this thread was fun, now it is just a boring cliche
snow report
skisimon wrote:
stoatsbrother, wouldn't that involve some form of levitation for 48 hours though... Toofy Grin

"Naturally they do things that really, really annoy me. Sitting in the middle of the piste (usually just over the lip) is the big one. Now, admittidly skiers stop in inconvenient places too - however I've yet to find a group of skiers who block an entire piste by creating a line across it (that's not lack of consideration, that's deliberate Twisted Evil ).

What planet are you on? "Sitting in the middle of the piste" is not something that just boarders do, it's just plain stupid,....the same as stopping in the middle of the piste at any point as skiers love to do so that they can wait for the rest of their mob!!
Pretty easy to go to the side of the piste don't you think - boarders AND skiers?? I cannot even count the amount of times I have to cut between gangs of skiers/boarders hanging around in a big line/gang whatever, blocking the main part of a piste, but to be honest I am past caring because this argument is age-old and usually started by somebody who has only ever tried one winter sport in their lives and is suddenly an "expert" in the field! Toofy Grin

And before anybody kicks off, I am a boarder and a skier (Although I rarely bother these days with the skis). This is really about common sense - if you don't have any, it does not matter what you ride so get over it....jeez.
snow report
rayscoops wrote:
this thread was fun, now it is just a boring cliche

Right with you mate, how many times has this been started???

I thought the video was shocking by the way Toofy Grin - I was cringing with embarassment... it's terrible.
snow conditions
Robbof, Im glad you liked it
Anyhow, back to my holiday last feb, I would love to say that I nearly took out a skier soooo hard as he was standing in the blind spot on the other side of a rail i did, just managed to jump around him. I would also love to say that only skiers do that sort of thing but I did see a boarder sitting, pritty much on the end of the rail (in the blind spot), fortunately for him i didnt ride the rail that time.

i did have a go at both as nobody should sit in a blind spot, on piest or even worse, the blind spot after a jump or rail but as Robbof said, its just common sense
latest report
Lizzard, Not Bitter just didnt like it! Just like I dont like the attitude of the Majority of borders (not All) when the hit someone. They seem to take it as a badge of honour that they have run over someone. I include one of my friends mentioned below in this.

I dress like a border and appreciate that snowboarding has done alot for skiing. Clothes, Freestyle, Twin tips & I know some really nice borders one or two I now travel with regulary.

But I guess there are some very sensitive and touchy ones out there whos skin is as thin as there edges Twisted Evil
snow report
I don't hate Boarders. I may join in banter and play along with cliches and I'm far from innocent in that respect but no, hating Boarders full stop is just daft.
ski holidays
Ordhan wrote:
Lizzard, Not Bitter just didnt like it! Just like I dont like the attitude of the Majority of borders (not All) when the hit someone. ........

I would like to think that is an unknown. For example, I can't think of anyone, skier or boarder, that I saw involved in a collision during 3 weeks of skiing this season. Can't recall a collision last season, either. Would any sH who gets involved in collisions on a regular basis please post warnings of where and when they are going to the slopes - I want to stay well clear of you.
ski holidays
achilles,

I got hit from behind this year in Jan by a rather large German! Swine! Only time I have ever been hit but on average while on slope away I would see maybe 2-4 colllisons over a week, normally on red slopes with over ambitios beginers of both codes oh and 1 snowbike in Saalbach this year
ski holidays
I don't care if peeps choose to ski, board, blade, bike, whatever. The real objects of dislike are the tribe that wears wooly hats down past their ears (even in a steamy nightclub) and who insist on telling you how "totally stoked" they are while lisping through a tongue stud. As if just being "stoked" wasn't enough, they have to be totally stoked. What does it mean anyway? Are they from Staffordshire? Are they full of coke? (probably). Is it to do with having to walk around looking like yer nappy's full? It's not boarders v skiers, it's the stoked v the unstoked.
latest report
Bode Swiller, A chance for you to win a very important competition... Toofy Grin

http://www.stoked.com/
snow report
Bode Swiller, i think you must simply be a grumpy old git at heart Laughing
snow conditions
now then, i know most collisions are done by boarders (skiers cause some 2) but i think the main reason for it is the different lines skiers and boarders take. i did have a rarther large collision with a skier who was sking accross the slope (not down, just across) and i simply didnt see him. i did like a 360 flip and landed on my face, dont know what he did but i do know it snapped my board through the middle and it broke his binding aswell.
i know really it was my fault cause i was above him but after i realised i hadnt broken my arm i got up and went to help him out. luckely he was ok and after shaking hands we went our ways.
i have forgotten what my point was now but i thought i would share that with you and say that from my point of view he didnt think that i was a total prick
snow conditions

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy