Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Scottish Snow 2010/11 - latest webcams post 1

Poster: A snowHead
This morning's (7.11.10) BBC weather map shows a lot of white over the Highlands tonight into tomorrow...... Very Happy

Fingers crossed.
latest report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Snow near Moffat tonight Very Happy ...

snow report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Bring it on!!! In heading up to Dumfries and Galloway on Thursday, I'm hoping there will still be some snow around the hills near gatehouse if fleet!!!
snow conditions
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
Yup, there's been a fair bit of snow ovevrnight and apparently the BBC have reported 10 inces of snow in places with more on the way, weather report here is mentioning closed roads:
Quote:
There is also snow on the higher roads such as the A9 at Drumochter in the Highlands and on the M74 north of Moffat in Dumfries and Galloway.

Grampian Police said the A93 Glenshee to Braemar road was closed due to drifting snow and high winds.

The road is expected to remain closed for some time.

With storms and snow on higher ground forecast for much of the rest of the week could this be the season starter? Very Happy
latest report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
snow conditions
 You'll need to Register first of course.
Some piccies taken by a friend at Cairngorm yesterday (before all of last nights snow!):

snow conditions
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
WOW scotia, Good bit of snow on Clencoe. Happy
latest report
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
glasgowcyclops, pretty sure I've skied there with less snow on the ground Toofy Grin
snow report
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
We'll all be aspiring to keep up with the moffatrosses after you cunningly left the 60 bit of your number plate undisguised wink!!
snow report
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
mountainaddict, I'll have to admit to being really sad as the car really had to be the star in the photo. It was taken to post to at a certain Skoda forum where there's an 8 page long thread dedicated to Yeti's in the snow. Toofy Grin That reg plate identifier was left behind to allow me to claim the award for the first UK Skoda Yeti snow pic of Winter 2010/2011 Embarassed

Here's another one from a couple of hours ago ...

... in snowy Dumfries & Galloway ...

snow conditions
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
Nevis

snow report
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
moffatross, where abouts in Dumfries and Galloway is this taken? I'm off to gatehouse of fleet on Thursday hoping for there to be some snow, what are the chances?
snow conditions
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
Ricklovesthepowder, the first is at Kinnelhead NT 033 016, elevation 800 feet & about 3 miles east of Queensberry. Second is at Birkhill near the Grey Mare's Tail, NT 202 161, elevation 1,100 feet.

There looked to be thin cover below but very good snow accumulations on all NW'ly faces above 1,500 feet with drifting in evidence, not surprising as the wind last night was ferocious. I'm sure you'll find some snow left on the Merrick etc but the Galloway hills are that bit closer to the Atlantic that the snow level is likely to have been higher.

Hope you get good weather for some walks ... how long are you up for ?
latest report
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
Set off from Manchester at 3pm Thursday the. Up there for 3 nights that's all but it's so peaceful up there. Staying about 4 mes north of gatehouse at a little cottage called Drunshanganlea - bit of a mouthfull!!! As long as it's not raining we will go for a walk.
snow report
 Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
There was even snow in Co. Antrim last night (above 400m).
ski holidays
The road through Glenshee

latest report
scotia, I like it, I like it Very Happy

Here's the view of the lower slopes at Cairngorm from the Daylodge this morning:

Ptarmigan cam is whited out but there's sure to be a lot more up there, the White Lady is looking good!

Last edited by Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person on Tue 9-11-10 13:19; edited 1 time in total
ski holidays
 brian
brian
Webcam zoom from Glenshee. The drifts look to be up around the top of the fence height on Meall Odhar. Very Happy

latest report
brian, nice, looks like a good deal more than yesterday!
snow conditions
Lovely shot from Glencoe this afternoon:

snowHead
snow report
Looks like the Ptarmigan bowl has really caught it:

Blooming lovely sight snowHead
ski holidays
ohh yes Happy
snow conditions
That is surely skiable isnt it?
snow conditions
depends how much you love your skis Very Happy
ski holidays
Ricklovesthepowder, I'd say so but no base as yet - need a bit of freeze thaw and more dumpage to get a base so yeah but on rock hoppers methinks! Toofy Grin

shoogly, Laughing Laughing

Here's one from today showing autumn down below in the strath and winter in the mountains - love this time of year Very Happy

latest report
Definitely skiable today:

Photo and tracks from the truly awesome, and legendary, Hilly (Helen) over on Winterhighland - guess that's her 13th month of skiing (on the mountains) in Scotland - zowee! snowHead snowHead snowHead snowHead
ski holidays
And when will it end, a couple more from Tuesday the 9th:

The Cairngorms:

The ski area:

snowHead snowHead snowHead snowHead snowHead Toofy Grin
ski holidays
It is looking spectacular this morning. For some reason I cant add pics to the snowmediazone, I'll try latter, but glencoe and Cairngorm look great this morning.

WOW WOW WOW snowHead snowHead snowHead snowHead snowHead snowHead snowHead
latest report
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
Fab piccies, cheers guys.

moffatross, loved the new Skoda ad last night (no idea what's going on with car number plates this year)
snow conditions
Get it Smile
snow report
If it stays chilly thinking about heading up on Saturday for some turns. Are you allowed to ride the funicular with skis out of season?
latest report
Wow - great pictures! snowHead snowHead
ski holidays
Quote:

If it stays chilly thinking about heading up on Saturday for some turns. Are you allowed to ride the funicular with skis out of season?

The short answer: no!
snow report
 brian
brian
scotia, dunno, but if they're not open for skiing, you're not allowed out of the building at the top (apart from a viewing terrace) so they'd be sod all use! wink
ski holidays
brian, Dave Horsley, thanks. That seems a bit short-sighted to me. Will just have to spend my money on beer to recover from the walk Little Angel
snow report
scotia, short sighted to allow someone to use some of their infrastructre without it being open, without all the support resources for emergencies etc etc you really find that short sighted?
ski holidays
kitenski, that has absolutely nothing to do with it. If the White Lady Chairlift was still operating there would definitely be people skiing off it on a day like this. The restriction on the Funicular is the result of a Section 50 Agreement - a legally binding restriction on use under the planning process. The VMP which results from the Section 50 agreement is not in anyway shape or form a safety management tool.

If the section 50 restrictions were lifted, the Funicular would be no different from the bus service a public transport provision that gets you up part of the mountain.
latest report
Winterhighland, I stand corrected, I thought it was more H&S grounds....
snow report
kitenski, easy on. Rough day? Laughing
snow conditions
scotia wrote:
kitenski, easy on. Rough day? Laughing

rough week and early mornings Wink
snow conditions

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy