Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Ski Cooper Colorado

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
We are planning a bit of a road trip in Colorado for feb 25 visiting some places we have already been but also some new places. One place we are not familiar with is Ski Cooper(as opposed to Copper mountain which is already in the plans. Piste map shows the back side being mostly tree skiing but interested to know if this is a one day or 2 day ski area. Not sure if we go to Ski Cooper and miss out sunlight or we should be going to both. Any views would be much appreciated.
snow report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Probably a one day place unless you really like it (cheaper lift pass, quieter), probably wouldn't drop Sunlight for more time there though snow is everything.
snow report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
@MogulMonkey,
We've been to Sunlight Mountain twice and love the place. Don't miss it!

It's a low key, locals area with only a couple of slow lifts - but great skiing and some very steep stuff Very Happy And nearby Glenwood Springs is a lovely town with some great restaurants.
snow conditions
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
Sunlight and Powderhorn much better than Cooper IMHO...
snow report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
I’ve not skied there but been there quite a few times for cross country skiing. From what I can see, it’s not a hard core advance skier kind of place. More casual family type of place. Don’t think the terrain is all that challenging.

The drive to get there, on the other hand, is breathtaking. So if your schedule coincide with a blue bird sunny day, I’d go for a day just for the scenery! But if the weather is iffy? It can be a white knuckle affair.
ski holidays
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
Agree with above.

If you can do both, then great.

Choose one and it's Sunlight.

But if the snow is deep and dry then Cooper is really fun and there'll be no competition for untracked turns.
ski holidays
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
@MogulMonkey,

Cooper have also offered day tickets for $30 on Thursdays for the past couple of seasons! Very Happy We've not skied there but it has to be worth a visit on that basis!

If you like to ski off piste I'd also recommend visiting Silverton. It's a bit out of the way and a bit of an adventure to get there but we love the place - both the town and the skiing. We've done 3 road trips there and usually ski at Loveland on the way there, plus Sunlight Mountain and Powderhorn; and on the way back to Denver we ski the Vail resorts (Vail, Beaver Creek, Breckenridge and Keystone), plus Loveland again.

Loveland offers a "4Pak" of 4 lift tickets for $269 if bought by mid November Very Happy.

I'd also recommend a visit to the Black Canyon Of The Gunnison national park, plus the Ute Indian museum near there. And people recommend the hot springs at Glenwood Springs, though we have yet to try them rolling eyes.
latest report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy