Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Top 3 new places where you want to ski in the next 5 years

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
kitenski wrote:
Mosha Marc, you still need to ski the pennines........

True. I did manage a couple of runs in the local park if that counts wink
latest report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
May I suggest Riksgransen for the value for money heliskier and the novelty of skiing at midnight in near full daylight. Already been myself so no longer on the curiosity list.

I love the idea of little obscure destinations far from the madding crowd. I tried snowboarding in Antarctica once which only served to confirm I don't like snowboarding.

Here goes for obscure aims:

Akureyri Iceland see http://www.hlidarfjall.is/en/lift-tickets/ticket-prices for the cheapest lift tickets in a non third world country about £80 for 6 days at current rate of exchange and the kids' price is 1/3 of the adults'. Or 2 adults and three kids for the price of one adult 3V pass.

Troodos Mountains in Cyprus http://www.skicyprus.com/troodos/trailmap/ this has got to be cheap for next year as long as you pay in cash. They even got the local primary school kids in to draw the piste map.

And last but not least for the true adventurer: http://www.skileb.com/ski-lebanon/history-skiing/

I can't wait. This fantasy ski holiday planning is just the way to keep me satisfied until my next visit to the Fridge.
snow report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Niseko Japan (have done Hakuba and Nozawa Onsen)
Whistler
Val D'Isere

Seeing as I live in Australia Niseko is the one likely to happen in the next 5 years after I do my big Europe trip next year. Don't why so many Brits want to live here. It's so far from everywhere!
latest report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
Lots of very ambitous people. 5 years to so many exotic places in all corner of the world.

Some one please remember to resurrect this thread in 5 years time. Or make it sticky!
snow report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
abc wrote:
Lots of very ambitous people. 5 years to so many exotic places in all corner of the world.

Not really, just remember that lots have Euro vacation allowances & stuff like snowbaticals to factor in.
snow conditions
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
Japan (again, Niseko was excellent)

California (again but with better conditions)

Canada. Not been and is almost a defo this year.

Failing that anywhere in Austria - best in Europe.
snow report
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Hemel Hempstead
Milton Keynes
Dubai
snow conditions
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
Thé Cullins
snow conditions
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
Niseko,
Mica,
Revelstoke.

snowHead
snow conditions
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Ski the Net with snowHeads
CH2O what these??

Looks a bit bony.
snow report
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
Heavenly

La Grave

Zermatt
snow report
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
Argentina (maybe in August)
Japan
Kashmir (been before but not for skiing)
And loads of other places
snow conditions
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
lynseyf wrote:
Japan, would mean I could buy soem new fat skis
Lyngen/Norway although I would have to get a lot fitter for a touring trip
North America, maybe Utah? Justify the superfats bought for Japan.

andy, I went to Jasna for 2 weeks a few years ago and would go back, would do it as a last minute when they get good snow.

Out in Lyngen right now. Awesome place, glaciers, reliable snow and boat trips. This place rocks but it's getting busy ! west coast of Scotland with lots of snow. Superb
ski holidays
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
Interesting thread to a certain degree...........

Though the title is a wee bit abstract allowing for people to go off tangent.

There's obviously a caveat that could be thrown in - lift served skiing vs non lift etc etc

What I can't quite understand is the number of posters saying La Grave is on their all time wish list !

Hang on a minute!

For me, I'd cream myself at doing Japan, Heli in Alaska, and ...................

But La Grave is so accessible for most of you guys, compared to Chile, Japan Alaska etc

I first went to LG in 1997 and ever since then did family holidays in Serre, Deux Alpes when I wasn't on the "LG week", which still let us go to LG if the conditions were worth it, leaving the family piste cruising in Serre...

OK another caveat, being that self drive is an obvious must.

So LG is quite easy to "do" compared to the likes and cost of Japan & Alaska.

I've just had friends over from LG for dinner here in Serre and it's all so relaxed talking about next week (lifts close end of the week but snow is forecast) and that I should give them a call to see if it's worth hopping over the Col, but exclude the weekend.

My mate is just back from Turkey, he's off to Iceland Friday (no maps), then back out to Lyngen end of May etc etc and what did we do tonight?

Talk about windsurfing / kitesurfing beaches close to here rolling eyes
snow conditions
 Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
Japan
Jackson Hole
Whistler
Verbier
snow report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy