Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Fischer Vision Zeal weight?

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
Does anyone happen to either know or know how to work out the weight of a ski (without bindings)? [and no I'm not unscrewing the binding and weighing them!!]

My wife owns said ski for off piste work, and after chatting to our guide we are thinking of something a bit wider and a bit longer for her.

Last time she demo'd she hated heavy male skis, but liked these, so I am keen to get something of comparable weight.

She has the 168cm version, 88mm underfoot.

stats I can find are 124/88/112 and an 18m radius.

Cheers,

Greg

Last edited by Poster: A snowHead on Mon 15-04-13 11:27; edited 1 time in total
snow conditions
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
kitenski, Weigh them with the bindings then look up the binding weight in the shop manual ?
ski holidays
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Having spent the last fortnight trying to find out the exact weight of a Fischer ski and failing I'd go with what rjs said if you're able to.
latest report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
kitenski, The fischer vision at 88mm underfoot and 168cm is the same ski as the fischer rangi which is the same ski as t stix 88 just different top sheets

weights here

http://www.tetongravity.com/forums/archive/index.php?t-35656.html

looks like they are 985g for 100cm of ski.....calculator required!! ..................so 3309.6 grams for the pair
snow report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
carroz, fantastic, thanks alot!
ski holidays
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
kitenski, if you're looking for 'light for the size' check out DOWN skis. Ski well, put together well, priced well (keep an eye out for their summer pre-sale). Depending on tastes, something like the CD 4 or 6 might be of interest.
ski holidays
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
clarky999, interesting, never heard of them...

off for a google Smile

and yes my wife 100% prefers light womens skis, she hefted some male off piste skis in the shop and declared they are way to heavy!

Cheers,

Greg
snow report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy