Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Leki SL Trigger Grip Poles...

Poster: A snowHead
... Anyone know of the cheapest place to buy them?

Unfortunately I snapped mine...and wish to replace them Embarassed rolling eyes
snow report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
spud, Edge and Wax had some in stock earlier this year. I bought hubby some from a snowHead, but had looked there previously. I think my own Leki poles came from there too.
snow conditions
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
This is a good place to start - http://bit.ly/YJaQvO
ski holidays
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
Quote:

The first entry to that search brings you back to this thread....and doesn't bring up any UK stores selling them

spud, are you in the UK? Edge & Wax had them on sale for £49 but appear to be out of stock - you could try contacting them

Snowsportsservices on ebay.co.uk have them for £49 too http://stores.ebay.co.uk/SnowSport-Services/Ski-Poles-/_i.html?_fsub=4064283012 but only the Lite version

Skiracing.co.uk have them for £84 http://skiracing.co.uk/index.php?main_page=product_info&cPath=25_27&products_id=458&zenid=grp1j7ld8mnm7jr5hbph5tpi42

Lockwoods for £90 http://www.lockwoods.com/skis-ski-equipment/ski-poles-spares-accessories/leki-worldcup-racing-sl/prod_3369.html

There has been mention here before about TK Maxx doing Leki SL & GS poles for £10 but it only seems to happen at the start of the season - don't think you'd have much chance of finding them in April if they send unsold stock back. Might be worth a call if you've a local store just to check though?
snow conditions
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
spud, what length? I didn't get on with them, would be happy to sell. But they are 115cms, probably too short.
ski holidays
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
Hells Bells, Thanks For the response... I've looked their tbh... found them to be of average price. But thanks anyway...

Gaza, rolling eyes Yep...done all the 'Google' searching...however in the past when buying equipment it doesn't always lead to the best deals.
As this seems a knowledgeable place, I thought there maybe a chance of someone 'in the know' being aware of a deal. No harm in asking eh?
Thanks for going to all the trouble though... wink

Last edited by You'll need to Register first of course. on Mon 15-04-13 12:58; edited 1 time in total
ski holidays
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Pphillips wrote:
Quote:

The first entry to that search brings you back to this thread....and doesn't bring up any UK stores selling them

I beg to differ. When I search it brings up a window on the right with UK sellers. Also, when I click on "Shopping" it brings up other options.

I was making a jokey point that Googling is often the best place to look for latest prices. Thanks to Google I found a new pair of Fischer Motive 86 for half price - £580 down to £290.
snow report
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
spud wrote:

Gaza, rolling eyes Yep...done all the 'Google' searching...however in the past when buying equipment it doesn't always lead to the best deals.
As this seems a knowledgeable place, I thought there maybe a chance of someone 'in the know' being aware of a deal. No harm in asking eh?

Just having a bit of Monday fun to break the tedium of another week at work. Toofy Grin
snow report
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
Pphillips, Oooops..looks like posts were overlapping...thanks for the heads up...much appreciated. £10 in TKMAxx is awesome...shame i missed that. I'll research you suggestions.

pam w, Many thanks for the offer... I need 125 tbh...but thanks all the same Happy
snow conditions
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Ski the Net with snowHeads
Gaza wrote:
spud wrote:

Just having a bit of Monday fun to break the tedium of another week at work. Toofy Grin

No worries...it's all good Razz
snow conditions
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
Quote:

£10 in TKMAxx is awesome...shame i missed that. I'll research you suggestions.

As far as I know - it's happened maybe every year the last few years so definitely keep an eye out next start of season. The GS poles usually retail around £100!

Here's the link to the poles that aren't available on Edge & Wax site at the moment - £49 is the cheapest I've seen besides TX Maxx so might be worth trying them

http://www.edgeandwax.co.uk/2202/products/leki_world_cup_racing_sl_tbs_ski_poles.aspx
latest report
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
Pphillips, hubby's first pair were a £10 TKMAxx find, unfortunateley he wrapped one around a tree.
snow report
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
At £10 a pair though, it would be worth everyone looking out for them at the appropriate time and then passing them onto others who haven't been so fortunate.
snow conditions
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
Pphillips wrote:
Quote:

£10 in TKMAxx is awesome...shame i missed that. I'll research you suggestions.

As far as I know - it's happened maybe every year the last few years so definitely keep an eye out next start of season. The GS poles usually retail around £100!

Here's the link to the poles that aren't available on Edge & Wax site at the moment - £49 is the cheapest I've seen besides TX Maxx so might be worth trying them

http://www.edgeandwax.co.uk/2202/products/leki_world_cup_racing_sl_tbs_ski_poles.aspx

Many thanks again...that really is a good deal. I believe Leki may have a new design out this season so was hoping to get this seasons at a lower price.
snow report
 Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
Quote:

hubby's first pair were a £10 TKMAxx find, unfortunateley he wrapped one around a tree.

that's ok, call it a GS pole...

Quote:

At £10 a pair though, it would be worth everyone looking out for them at the appropriate time and then passing them onto others who haven't been so fortunate.

next time i see them i'll be sure to post here, they've had good Leki gloves very cheap too but they go so fast
ski holidays
Hells Bells wrote:

Very true... I love them. The trigger grip is so handy...
ski holidays
ive got a pair of 100cms and 105s if anyones interested, both brand new, bit of an overlap on numbers we bought for the club £35 per pair plus p and p
snow report
Just bought a pair of Leki WC Racing SL ski poles for £90 from the Snow and Rock store in Covent Garden London. Only 4 pairs left on the shelf with different sizes.
latest report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy